LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 03:49 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 LS 430
What's good people I just brought a 2011 ls 460 with 39500 miles and need an referral. Cell 3478692915. Lexus paltium warranty or close to it
If you scroll up to my earlier post (#82) on this thread, you can see the contact information for Toby Rivers in LA. He can help you. You can also contact Troy Deitrich in MA. Search the other linked threads for his contact info.
The following users liked this post:
03 LS 430 (02-27-17)
Old 02-28-17, 04:52 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default This is my quote from bay ridge lexus

This is my quote from bay ridge Lexus. I don't know which one to get cause I really don't know the defects the car has...
Anyone with ls460 care to share the issues would be nice.cause 3500.00 hundred is a lot on top of what I got to pay.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?-screenshot_2017-02-28-19-25-02.png  
Old 03-01-17, 03:06 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I got a 3/36 zero-deductible platinum warranty from the local Lexus dealer for $3000 (tax included, cash price) in 2014 for my '07 LS with 64000 miles on the clock. They aren't supposed to do this if you didn't buy the car from them (I bought it locally from a private party). Main reason I got it was because of the issue with control arm bushings (~$5000 to replace). The bushings never failed but I got a water pump and wheel bearing replaced under the warranty (~$1500).

Whatever you do, don't buy any other extended warranty that from the manufacturer.
03 LS 430 (03-02-17)
Old 03-01-17, 03:25 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

This is my quote from bay ridge Lexus. I don't know which one to get cause I really don't know the defects the car has...
Anyone with ls460 care to share the issues would be nice.
cause 3500.00 hundred is a lot on top of what I got to pay.
There are multiple threads debating the pros and cons of buying an extended warranty. If you read these carefully, you can find answers to your questions about problem areas in the 4LS. And, after reading all that, you may decide against purchasing a warranty! For your convenience, I am providing links to two threads. Many folks here have debated this issue extensively, so there is nothing much to add in response to your questions. Good luck!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-at-100k.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ot-to-get.html
03 LS 430 (03-02-17)
Old 03-02-17, 08:29 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Thank everyone for the advice. I decided to go with the 3/36. I know I'm goning to get my money worth cause the platuim cover majority of the car copondents
Old 03-03-17, 07:44 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Thank everyone for the advice. I decided to go with the 3/36. I know I'm goning to get my money worth cause the platuim cover majority of the car copondents
Well....you don't KNOW you're gonna get your money's worth (unless by "worth" you mean thousands of dollars are equivalent to your peace of mind). You may never use the warranty, as would have been the case with me if I had opted for one. But again...peace of mind can be worth a ton of money to some.
Old 03-03-17, 10:46 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Well....you don't KNOW you're gonna get your money's worth (unless by "worth" you mean thousands of dollars are equivalent to your peace of mind). You may never use the warranty, as would have been the case with me if I had opted for one. But again...peace of mind can be worth a ton of money to some.
Ok, this will be a meandering post and will go a bit on a tangent. We all agree that enough has been said about the pros and cons of warranties. I am just wondering aloud about the reason some of us get warranties. Maybe this should be a new thread, and l am sorry if I offend anyone.

I would like to think no one worries about something failing in their cars every time they step into the driver's seat, regardless of the vehicle (Ok, 7 series excluded ). But a number of CLers have absolute garage queens with less than 50K on a 10 year old car. My question is: if you love your car so much, why don't you drive it more often? It sure looks pretty sitting in the garage, but wouldn't you rather have the satisfaction of driving it and be seen?

Now, there could be many very legitimate reasons for having a "garage queen", but I wonder if one reason is that folks are worried that something might fail and have to be fixed. That's where the peace of mind offered by a CPO or Platinum warranty might enter the equation.

My 2012 LS CPO was something of a garage queen. In the 9 months I owned it, I put less than 4000 miles. I somehow admired its beauty in the garage and after being carefully detailed more than spending time driving her. It was almost as if I wanted to take her out only on special occasions. The car would many times spend 15 days without being driven, and was mostly reserved for long road trips to Iowa. The car was a garage queen because I felt such a special car deserved a special occasion to be driven and not just for a trip to the grocery store. I guess I was also a bit worried of being involved in fender benders (accident free for 20+ years), and did not want to spoil my pretty car . I did have a bunch of things fixed under warranty (CAs, undisclosed front bumper and underbody damage, etc.). The point is the car was a garage queen even when it was covered by CPO warranty. Perhaps folks can share their reasons, in addition to having a car out of warranty, that discourages them from driving their garage queens more often.

My attitude with my 2014 LS is completely different. I drive her at least 3 times a week, and 10000 miles in the first 12 months. That's a huge step up from my previous LS. I just enjoy driving it and using (and experiencing) all the cool features (and mods) in the car that I make excuses to take her out. I don't want to make it a daily driver yet since we have a minivan that works better for many situations like grocery shopping and car-pooling kids for activities etc. I certainly feel that having a Platinum VSA until 2024 and 125K gives me the assurance and peace of mind that if anything fails (including that pesky air suspension), it will be fixed without much stress.

I have never shared pics of my 2012 LS, so here they are.

Old 03-04-17, 09:30 AM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by comotiger
Ok, this will be a meandering post and will go a bit on a tangent. We all agree that enough has been said about the pros and cons of warranties. I am just wondering aloud about the reason some of us get warranties. Maybe this should be a new thread, and l am sorry if I offend anyone.

I would like to think no one worries about something failing in their cars every time they step into the driver's seat, regardless of the vehicle (Ok, 7 series excluded ). But a number of CLers have absolute garage queens with less than 50K on a 10 year old car. My question is: if you love your car so much, why don't you drive it more often? It sure looks pretty sitting in the garage, but wouldn't you rather have the satisfaction of driving it and be seen?

Now, there could be many very legitimate reasons for having a "garage queen", but I wonder if one reason is that folks are worried that something might fail and have to be fixed. That's where the peace of mind offered by a CPO or Platinum warranty might enter the equation.

My 2012 LS CPO was something of a garage queen. In the 9 months I owned it, I put less than 4000 miles. I somehow admired its beauty in the garage and after being carefully detailed more than spending time driving her. It was almost as if I wanted to take her out only on special occasions. The car would many times spend 15 days without being driven, and was mostly reserved for long road trips to Iowa. The car was a garage queen because I felt such a special car deserved a special occasion to be driven and not just for a trip to the grocery store. I guess I was also a bit worried of being involved in fender benders (accident free for 20+ years), and did not want to spoil my pretty car . I did have a bunch of things fixed under warranty (CAs, undisclosed front bumper and underbody damage, etc.). The point is the car was a garage queen even when it was covered by CPO warranty. Perhaps folks can share their reasons, in addition to having a car out of warranty, that discourages them from driving their garage queens more often.

My attitude with my 2014 LS is completely different. I drive her at least 3 times a week, and 10000 miles in the first 12 months. That's a huge step up from my previous LS. I just enjoy driving it and using (and experiencing) all the cool features (and mods) in the car that I make excuses to take her out. I don't want to make it a daily driver yet since we have a minivan that works better for many situations like grocery shopping and car-pooling kids for activities etc. I certainly feel that having a Platinum VSA until 2024 and 125K gives me the assurance and peace of mind that if anything fails (including that pesky air suspension), it will be fixed without much stress.

I have never shared pics of my 2012 LS, so here they are.

really sexy can not find this color no where.. But drive it more often cause life is not guaranteed to no one.. Life love and enjoy life. I drive mines everyday love the ride.
Old 03-04-17, 02:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

really sexy can not find this color no where.. But drive it more often cause life is not guaranteed to no one.. Life love and enjoy life. I drive mines everyday love the ride.
You clearly didn't read his post
Old 03-04-17, 04:03 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW15LS
You clearly didn't read his post
Steve, it was a long-winded post, so it's perfectly understandable

Thanks, 03LS430, I appreciate the love! What you say is exactly my attitude now. The 2012LS CPO was my previous car and I agree the color is gorgeous. It was a base, non ML car, and while it was awesome, I wanted all the bells and whistles. That's why I traded it in for a 2014LS non-CPO one year ago. I bought a Platinum VSA for this car from Toby Rivers. While I have posted many pics of this beauty in different threads, I don't need much of an excuse to post some more .