LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ELM327 OBD2 - Which android app do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-14, 10:22 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ELM327 OBD2 - Which android app do you like?

ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner let you check status of the car and can change the Lexus Personalized Settings.

So far I think only Carista App has been mention in our forum.
There are so many apps out there now, has anyone been able to play around between apps to give more feedbacks?

To me fancy interface might not be important on the smaller smart phone screen, but one that let your finger navigate around fast and easy. some app that let you customized your own data info layout which is also pretty cool.

Last edited by Lexus4me; 05-03-14 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 01:52 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner let you check status of the car and can change the Lexus Personalized Settings.

So far I think only Carista App has been mention in our forum.
There are so many apps out there now, has anyone been able to play around between apps to give more feedbacks?

To me fancy interface might not be important on the smaller smart phone screen, but one that let your finger navigate around fast and easy. some app that let you customized your own data info layout which is also pretty cool.
I installed Carista, too. Lexus has a few settings only and the Carista interface is simple enough. As such things are set for free at Lexus dealers and changes are not needed weekly, it is really about playing around with Apps. Nevertheless I'm looking for a chance to kill the bell telling me the door is open. Usually, I do not drive with 4 open doors and open roof while it is raining, so the signal is idiotic. Right, it is not an Apple piece of software where there is nothing idiotic.

Old 05-04-14, 08:15 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys, just wanted to say that Carista is the ONLY app that can change Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) This is our big distinguishing feature. Our other distinguishing feature is that Carista can check and reset fault codes in all Lexus ECUs, not just the OBD2 ones (engine, transmission, etc.) like all other apps do.

There are, however, lots of other apps that display real-time info from the car, which Carista doesn't do. "Torque" is the most popular one of those. It allows you to have a virtual dashboard with whatever gauges you want (subject to what data your car supports via the standard OBD2 protocol). There's also a bunch of other apps that can check/reset standard OBD2 codes and display real-time data, but I don't have much experience with them. Just search on Google Play Store, look at reviews and screenshots and decide what's best for your needs.
Old 05-04-14, 09:57 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Carista app and I like it. I'm able to turn off the DRL through the Carista app and there are many other features as well that I didn't want to change the setting LPS. I also have Torque pro as well.
Old 05-04-14, 01:12 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is this not available for Apple?
Old 05-04-14, 05:17 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carista
Hi guys, just wanted to say that Carista is the ONLY app that can change Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)
I didn't know this is the only app that can change the Lexus Personalized Settings.
Thanks.
Old 05-06-14, 08:01 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

So far, Carista is the only app that gives you the capability to change the LPS...I've have tried other apps Torque pro, OBDII, etc...None of them gives you this capability.
Old 06-12-14, 02:57 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Just a quick update: we've just released version 2.1 of Carista, which adds a bunch of new customization settings and more thorough diagnostics (we now support all Lexus ECUs, incl. ABS, airbag, etc.).
Old 06-12-14, 03:40 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Just a quick update: we've just released version 2.1 of Carista, which adds a bunch of new customization settings and more thorough diagnostics (we now support all Lexus ECUs, incl. ABS, airbag, etc.).
Does this mean you support older Lexus with C-Best settings?
Old 06-12-14, 03:50 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hypervish
Does this mean you support older Lexus with C-Best settings?
Ah, no, I guess I misspoke. When I said "all Lexus ECUs", I meant all ECUs in the supported models. (as opposed to the older version of the app, in which we didn't support diagnostics on some of the ECUs such as the ABS ECU).

BUT! Now that we're done with version 2.1, we are starting work on supporting Toyota's older protocol, which includes cars that had the C-Best settings. I can't promise anything yet, but... ask me again in a week
Old 06-12-14, 03:58 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Ah, no, I guess I misspoke. When I said "all Lexus ECUs", I meant all ECUs in the supported models. (as opposed to the older version of the app, in which we didn't support diagnostics on some of the ECUs such as the ABS ECU).

BUT! Now that we're done with version 2.1, we are starting work on supporting Toyota's older protocol, which includes cars that had the C-Best settings. I can't promise anything yet, but... ask me again in a week
YES!!! I will bother, I mean ask you in a week!
Old 10-08-18, 05:18 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Do I have to use the carista module to use the carista app or any elm327 will work with the app? If that is the case will I still have access to all the ecus?
Old 04-18-19, 04:55 PM
dlcoffin
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
Do I have to use the carista module to use the carista app or any elm327 will work with the app? If that is the case will I still have access to all the ecus?
i'm using the carista app on my phone, and the obdII dongle is one of those $20 Micro Mechanics, "as seen on TV". works great for me. hope this helps
Old 04-19-19, 01:33 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by dlcoffin
i'm using the carista app on my phone, and the obdII dongle is one of those $20 Micro Mechanics, "as seen on TV". works great for me. hope this helps
i figured it out a while back but thanks yes I do use the cheapo elm with the carista app.
Old 11-05-21, 01:12 PM
coolrydz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Carista;8580220]Just a quick update: we've just released version 2.1 of Carista, which adds a bunch of new customization settings and more thorough diagnostics (we now support all Lexus ECUs, incl. ABS, airbag, etc.).[/QUOTE

CARISTA app doesn't support second generation lexus IS models 🙄

Quick Reply: ELM327 OBD2 - Which android app do you like?