LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Remote Start LS460 for $221 installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 05:50 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

there is no T harness available for our cars.... there are no wires cut... its a simple splice into set up as long as u follow the install diagram (for RSR ) you should have no problems.. the only part needed is the DBALL an 5 secs of programming (learning the key fob frequency code) because all engine start functions are thru the cpu its a small matter to tell the cpu to start the car..

@305Busa i'll be in miami feb14th weekend (maybe waiting on my sis to confirm travel plans) if you'd like maybe we could meet up....to do your install....
Old 02-05-14, 05:18 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
there is no T harness available for our cars.... there are no wires cut... its a simple splice into set up as long as u follow the install diagram (for RSR ) you should have no problems.. the only part needed is the DBALL an 5 secs of programming (learning the key fob frequency code) because all engine start functions are thru the cpu its a small matter to tell the cpu to start the car...
Hey, thanks for the info .
Old 02-13-14, 02:49 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My appointment finally arrived today during a Nor'easter. Press lock 3x, car starts, runs for 20 minutes, turns off when you open door. $221 installed at Best Buy. Pretty cool.
Old 02-13-14, 03:00 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
My appointment finally arrived today during a Nor'easter. Press lock 3x, car starts, runs for 20 minutes, turns off when you open door. $221 installed at Best Buy. Pretty cool.

I would like my car to stay running when I open the door? Can I have it programmed that way?
Old 02-13-14, 03:32 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

AWESOME! DETAILS! Modules, etc......

I want this done too, so any info (in case my local BB don't know), is appreciated.
Old 02-13-14, 09:42 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
I would like my car to stay running when I open the door? Can I have it programmed that way?
in a word "NO!!"

impossible to do unless u yourself (or know someone personally) that can write code an hack the oem cpu and the dball firmware and patch a bridge.... fyi there are 1.3 trillion (cubed) codes running while the car is running (they showed us in training how detailed) to go in an find the right codes to bypass it not likely......
Old 02-14-14, 04:53 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

@305Busa i'll be in miami feb14th weekend (maybe waiting on my sis to confirm travel plans) if you'd like maybe we could meet up....to do your install....
You have PM Shibumi
Old 02-14-14, 08:39 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

in a word "NO!!"

impossible to do unless u yourself (or know someone personally) that can write code an hack the oem cpu and the dball firmware and patch a bridge.... fyi there are 1.3 trillion (cubed) codes running while the car is running (they showed us in training how detailed) to go in an find the right codes to bypass it not likely......
My 2010 GS350 has push button start and I was able to wire my remote starter for secure key takeover (engine stays running when door is opened). Is this not possible on the LS?
Old 02-15-14, 08:16 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Damn Shibumi1, you ruined my day. but I'll live. thanks..

I can remote start my F-250 with the Viper 5000 series and open the door with remote, but don't touch the brake pedal before you insert the key or it shuts off.
Old 02-15-14, 05:52 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
Damn Shibumi1, you ruined my day. but I'll live. thanks..

I can remote start my F-250 with the Viper 5000 series and open the door with remote, but don't touch the brake pedal before you insert the key or it shuts off.
Yes but in your 250 you have to insert a key to unlock the column.. the LS has a different system that unlocks once the car is running..a thief could enter your an drive off w no problems..the system shut the car off so an oem key must be present to operate the car..all in all its an extra 30secs in your life lost...or your 60+k car lost...
Old 02-17-14, 01:51 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Yes but in your 250 you have to insert a key to unlock the column.. the LS has a different system that unlocks once the car is running..a thief could enter your an drive off w no problems..the system shut the car off so an oem key must be present to operate the car..all in all its an extra 30secs in your life lost...or your 60+k car lost...

I was thinking it would keep the doors locked when you use the remote start and only open up when you get close to the car with the Key Fob and if it doesn't sense the key is in the car when you put it in gear, it would shut off.

30 seconds and a restart wont kill me. thanks
Old 02-20-14, 04:25 PM
TexGS450
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjk
My 2010 GS350 has push button start and I was able to wire my remote starter for secure key takeover (engine stays running when door is opened). Is this not possible on the LS?
What's the name of your remote start?
Old 02-20-14, 05:15 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TexGS450
It's a Compustar CM-6200, but I'm not using the Idatalink Blade because the Blade doesn't offer the secure takeover feature. To get secure takeover, I've paired the Compustar system with the Fortin EVO-ALL bypass, which works perfectly for me.

I also have the Drone Mobile system hooked in and it works great as well.

EDIT: weird, drone mobile without a space between the words gets wordfiltered, not sure why.
Old 02-20-14, 05:54 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TexGS450
just an fyi the GS has a totally different electrical system than the LS. takeover is possible in the Gs but not in the LS (with DEI brand alarms)the IS can do secure takeover as well.. BUT neither the GS or IS can use only the bypass module for remote start... so the takeover is built into the alarm system not in the car like the LS

Last edited by Shibumi1; 02-20-14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-20-14, 06:00 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

just an fyi the GS has a totally different electrical system than the LS. takeover is possible in the Gs but not in the LS (with DEI brand alarms)the IS can do secure takeover as well.. BUT neither the GS or IS can use only the bypass module for remote start... so the takeover is built into the alarm system not in the car like the LS
Thanks for the confirmation on that, too bad I guess.

Quick Reply: Remote Start LS460 for $221 installed