LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
Old 12-15-14, 12:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-13, 10:57 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

So my car has the self park...I'll lose that and the back up camera unless I wire up some sort of fix for it?
Old 04-08-13, 05:05 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
So my car has the self park...I'll lose that and the back up camera unless I wire up some sort of fix for it?
No..if you have self park your good. I will edit that sentence above to highlight self park owners have no mods to worry about

Last edited by CJITTY; 04-08-13 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-06-13, 02:26 AM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the in depth video. LEGIT!
Old 05-07-13, 01:35 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Idk how droids work but will it notify you if you got a text message? That might be a deal breaker I cant have my girl in my car enjoying the music video then POOF "Message from Side Chick" comes up. Or have her even navigate through my phone via the navigation.... Gigalo problems...
Old 05-07-13, 03:51 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by LXurious
Idk how droids work but will it notify you if you got a text message? That might be a deal breaker I cant have my girl in my car enjoying the music video then POOF "Message from Side Chick" comes up. Or have her even navigate through my phone via the navigation.... Gigalo problems...
LOL...you can easily disable alerts on Android..but for a guy like you..I suggest the free GO SMS Pro App if you receive frequent texts that require discreet viewing lol
Old 05-07-13, 04:34 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Awesome write up and video man. Thanks for taking your time. I need this.
Old 05-07-13, 01:27 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
Awesome write up and video man. Thanks for taking your time. I need this.
No worries man, post up any questions you have here on this thread and I will answer them as best I can. This setup has completely refreshed the car in my opinion...just being able to use alternate Navigation apps like Waze and Google Maps Navigation with satellite picture view is a game changer!!! The BT mouse makes things even better. Updates will be posted in the first thread, so be sure to look there first each time you check out this thread.
Old 05-07-13, 01:28 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by phenomeno
Thanks for the in depth video. LEGIT!
Thanks, no problem!
Old 09-03-13, 07:51 AM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if the backup camera issue has been resolved? Any proven work-arounds?

I also saw a thread (can't find it now) that said a new version of the iVIC was coming out in a month or two? Is this one expected to fix the camera issue?
Old 09-03-13, 11:05 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by darinmg
Does anyone know if the backup camera issue has been resolved? Any proven work-arounds?

I also saw a thread (can't find it now) that said a new version of the iVIC was coming out in a month or two? Is this one expected to fix the camera issue?
Ben from VAIS left a voicemail for me that there are some fixes coming out, I assume via firmware update. I don't believe the camera issue for non self park equipped LS's has been resolved yet.

I also reported a new issue which involves the GPS icon on the factory nav not working unless I have my cell phone plugged in to my cig lighter. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it always brings my GPS icon back to accurately track my vehicle. I think since the VAIS connects in between the NAV and Head Unit that somehow power for the GPS receiver is reduced enough to cause an issue..or, it could be simply interference between the phone, HDMI adapter or VAIS unit causing the issue. I also have noticed the glitch when the phone is switching between 3G/4G/LTE areas...to solve that, I simply force my phone to NO LTE and 4G only and it eliminates that significantly
Old 09-03-13, 11:34 AM
CJITTY

Update for 9/3/2013 has been posted above in the original post
Old 09-05-13, 01:46 PM
kingnut
Driver School Candidate

great write up!
Old 12-14-13, 02:51 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
**NOTE**
Any updates I have on my experience with this mod will be added to this first post with dates...check back often as I will keep you all posted as best I can.

Hit me up here on this thread if you have any questions..enjoy

CJITTY's LS600hL featuring Android Integration (VAIS Technologies) - YouTube
What you did with your Android is now released by Apple and can be done similar with an iPhone

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...od-iphone.html
Old 12-14-13, 10:51 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Can anyone explain why I would lose my back up camera feature with the IVAC ? I only have the park assist feature on my car and not the self park. I was told I would lose my back up camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl
Old 12-15-13, 05:49 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by mellowcmb
Can anyone explain why I would lose my back up camera feature with the IVAC ? I only have the park assist feature on my car and not the self park. I was told I would lose my back up camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl
I think it all comes down to software. This question should be directed to Vaistech directly in my opinion

Quick Reply: My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System