LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 03:52 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Yeah, the WRX and LS represent totally different personalities . Although I also have a Legacy as daily driver

Thanks, I love my 2014 UL. With the 2013 CPO UL, the prospect of acquiring a vehicle with unlimited mileage warranty thru 2027 was just too tempting to pass up. Given the LS's reliability, maybe this is not such a big deal but it was still enticing to consider a switch
This is why my next LS will be a CPO. I'm maxing out the unl mile warranty on that sucker!
Old 06-16-16, 04:05 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by litesoarer
This is why my next LS will be a CPO. I'm maxing out the unl mile warranty on that sucker!
Yes, good point! Depending upon the options you want, you may have to be patient until the right vehicle shows up. I was looking for 2 months for a fully loaded 2013+ UL in my price range, and there were no CPOs. Three months after I pulled the trigger, this CPO vehicle comes along (sold by rld14) . In that 5 month span, there were only 7 ULs that fit the bill, including the one I bought and the CPO vehicle.

If you have a good rapport with your Lexus dealer, it may be worthwhile contacting them of your interest in a very specific type of vehicle to purchase as CPO. They may be able to set you up nicely because they have access to leased vehicles nationwide that the general public doesn't.

rld14, would this work?
Old 06-16-16, 04:15 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

2014 F-Sport (Or whatever year the free nav traffic updates started) would do the trick.

Not now, obviously, but down the road.
Old 06-16-16, 04:28 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, you have to remember two things...

1) I work my butt off like crazy trying to find cars like that UL, they're just RARE.

2) It's the first UL that I had in months, and I suspect it will be a while before I find another nice one. If I could find them I would stock a dozen of them.
Old 06-16-16, 04:30 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

2014 F-Sport (Or whatever year the free nav traffic updates started) would do the trick.

Not now, obviously, but down the road.
Well, if that's your only requirement, there could be a large selection to choose from.

I am embarrassed to admit that I seldom use the navigation system in my car. I find the Google maps navigation more reliable. I can search on my laptop/phone before the trip, examine alternate routes and use voice navigation. Plus google maps updates traffic in real-time, so I trust it more!

I just find the instructions to use the Lexus nav system too cumbersome. It probably works well, it's just that I haven't taken the time to learn it. Plus, I don't know (think) I will get real-time traffic updates without a monthly subscription.
Old 06-16-16, 04:35 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

I just use it to reference streets.

I find the XM navtraffic too vague and want the HDRadio upgrade.
Old 06-16-16, 04:51 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rld14
OK, you have to remember two things...

1) I work my butt off like crazy trying to find cars like that UL, they're just RARE.

2) It's the first UL that I had in months, and I suspect it will be a while before I find another nice one. If I could find them I would stock a dozen of them.
What I was wondering is if someone contacted you with a specific vehicle in mind (options, approximate mileage, CPO-eligible, price range), would you have better luck finding them such a vehicle than they would on their own?
Old 06-16-16, 04:52 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Wanted to show everyone a few pics of the car with the DataSystems super down low mode

Old 06-16-16, 04:57 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

I just use it to reference streets.

I find the XM navtraffic too vague and want the HDRadio upgrade.
HD Radio is great. Only one HD station in my town, but I can see how that could be an important option in larger metro areas.
Old 06-16-16, 05:00 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Wanted to show everyone a few pics of the car with the DataSystems super down low mode

]
Wow, wow, wow!!
Old 06-17-16, 08:07 AM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I was wondering is if someone contacted you with a specific vehicle in mind (options, approximate mileage, CPO-eligible, price range), would you have better luck finding them such a vehicle than they would on their own?
Ohhhh. Duh.

Yeah I'd say probably... I mean, I obviously have access to off lease inventory and I do scan the physical auctions for cars, and I work with several wholesalers.

But at the end of the day rare stuff is rare stuff and I have just as hard a time finding inventory as you'd imagine. Remember, when a nice car comes in off lease most dealers keep them...
Old 06-17-16, 09:37 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rld14
Ohhhh. Duh.

Yeah I'd say probably... I mean, I obviously have access to off lease inventory and I do scan the physical auctions for cars, and I work with several wholesalers.

But at the end of the day rare stuff is rare stuff and I have just as hard a time finding inventory as you'd imagine. Remember, when a nice car comes in off lease most dealers keep them...
Thanks, rld, I really appreciate your insights into the car-buying process . I wish I had spent some time on the CL forum before buying my dream car. I would have been better informed and probably saved some money. Love my car and expect to keep it for many years !
Old 06-17-16, 09:42 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Speaking of rare.

How rare are CPO F Sports?
Particularly Silver/Gray ones with either standard Blk/Saddle or full Saddle (or equivalent color)?
Old 06-17-16, 10:06 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow, wow, wow!!
I was just going to post the same thing! Dr.Jekyll, your car is SICK!

I just thought about this, but it's kind of strange that a Doctor's car is SICK!
Old 06-17-16, 11:33 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I really like this one, super clean

Quick Reply: Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!