LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The perfect Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-12, 07:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

To make the LS a better car I would simply say enhance handling performance by a considerable amount, and enhance the looks and presence of the car with wheels that arent 6" from the fender lip in the rear. Looks ridiculous with the stock wheels
Old 08-04-12, 08:13 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
To make the LS a better car I would simply say enhance handling performance by a considerable amount, and enhance the looks and presence of the car with wheels that arent 6" from the fender lip in the rear. Looks ridiculous with the stock wheels
Maybe come stock with some 21's by 9.5 would probably look great. I love what Audi has done with their stock wheels.
Old 08-04-12, 09:48 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an LS with AMG performance would be nice, Lexus is doing a nice job by having an F-sport to set it apart but i feel like they need to increase the power on it too. We need a S65 AMG competition, that would be awesome! haha
Old 08-05-12, 04:04 AM
OSU
Pole Position

What's the point of this thread? Do you work for Lexus and taking a survey for improvements? Or are you an engineer planning on building one? Just trying to figure out the point. This thread kinda feels like some sort of Christmas wish list especially since we now know what the new LS is.
Old 08-05-12, 10:28 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
What's the point of this thread?
To give readers a sense of what potential customers would like to see the car evolve to. And I hope some of the readers that visit this thread work at Lexus in Japan. They would be able to learn a little bit about where they are lacking. They have conquered with spades the reliability championship. Now they need to get on to the other areas that would simply destroy the competition if they would only listen/read threads like this.
Old 08-05-12, 12:13 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TNLS600hL
an LS with AMG performance would be nice, Lexus is doing a nice job by having an F-sport to set it apart but i feel like they need to increase the power on it too. We need a S65 AMG competition, that would be awesome! haha
That's cool, maybe call it the F46 or when the engine change displacement to the F56.
Old 08-05-12, 12:25 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
What's the point of this thread? Do you work for Lexus and taking a survey for improvements? Or are you an engineer planning on building one? Just trying to figure out the point. This thread kinda feels like some sort of Christmas wish list especially since we now know what the new LS is.
No I don't work for Lexus I own a couple of them and the point is to get feedback from other owners who love their cars as much is I do. Like the title says "The perfect Lexus" if you don't think your car is perfect tell us why not and what would make it better then maybe the right person might see this and create it since some people feel the 2013 isn't the perfect model. Or maybe you can do like everyone that don't like everything about the car the bought, "Customize It"!!!!!! Or get rid of it.
Old 08-05-12, 12:27 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
To give readers a sense of what potential customers would like to see the car evolve to. And I hope some of the readers that visit this thread work at Lexus in Japan. They would be able to learn a little bit about where they are lacking. They have conquered with spades the reliability championship. Now they need to get on to the other areas that would simply destroy the competition if they would only listen/read threads like this.
Thank you Luxofreak, couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!
Old 08-05-12, 12:50 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Thank you Luxofreak, couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!
I love my car and don't intend on getting rid of it soon. This thread just seems like crying over spilled milk. There have been many conversations such as this one on this forum and that didn't make a difference to Lexus then, so I don't think yet another thread will do anything as well. So for me, I think you have it backwards. If you love your Lexus, why are you asking about the perfect Lexus? Okay, let me sum up the previous post and future post about this because all of them are going to say basically the same thing, Um, more horse power, Um, different body, um, bigger wheels, okay did I cover it all? That's the point, there will be nothing said differently than what hasn't already been said, and again, Lexus has chosen to do what they wanted to. Do you honestly think Lexus isn't aware of all these things?

I'd like to see the enthusiast threads back in this forum. Where are the people trying to develop a super charger? Now that's enthusiast! Not crying over what will not be.
Old 08-05-12, 12:55 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
They are already aware of this at Lexus. Do you think they are not? They have a research department that do things like this. Lexus has chosen not to go that route, now we have to live with it. Honestly, the F-sport brand is just to appease those that have started threads about what they would like to see in a sporty lexus and as soon as they created it, many jumped on the bandwagon. C'mon, F-sport is strictly cosmetic. No increase in horsepower in comparison to BMW and Mercedes AMG. That's where it counts and I'm 100% positive Lexus has taken that into consideration since those are their competitors. That's why I say, what's the point? I love my LS and I've modded it alot so I think I can speak on this a little.

You say they would be able to learn what they are lacking. I ask you again, do you think they don't already know?
Old 08-05-12, 01:35 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
I love my car and don't intend on getting rid of it soon. This thread just seems like crying over spilled milk. There have been many conversations such as this one on this forum and that didn't make a difference to Lexus then, so I don't think yet another thread will do anything as well. So for me, I think you have it backwards. If you love your Lexus, why are you asking about the perfect Lexus? Okay, let me sum up the previous post and future post about this because all of them are going to say basically the same thing, Um, more horse power, Um, different body, um, bigger wheels, okay did I cover it all? That's the point, there will be nothing said differently than what hasn't already been said, and again, Lexus has chosen to do what they wanted to. Do you honestly think Lexus isn't aware of all these things?

I'd like to see the enthusiast threads back in this forum. Where are the people trying to develop a super charger? Now that's enthusiast! Not crying over what will not be.
I think u r missing the point OSU, I haven't cried once or spilled the milk. I alway say " If your gonna cry what the hell is the baby gonna do'". This is not the same thread as all the other I'm not asking to complain about what's wrong I'm trying to be positive and ask what would you do to make it perfect. It appears that your car wasn't perfect until u modded it spoken from your post. And while you were try to be negative about this post u made my point, so the perfect Lexus needs a " supercharger"?
Old 08-08-12, 05:40 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ys88q7
Ill see if I can find something layin around the garage !lol
Hey I saw that smokey granite sitting on them two's and I'd have to say that looks almost like the "Perfect Lexus ". Lol
Old 08-09-12, 06:44 AM
Ys88q7
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Hey I saw that smokey granite sitting on them two's and I'd have to say that looks almost like the "Perfect Lexus ". Lol
ISH !!!!!It is the perfect Lexus for me!!!!I wanna see that beast u got squattin in the garage!!!!!
Old 08-09-12, 01:29 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It all comes down to you aren't going to be able to please everybody. The majority of the people that buy and own the LS aren't even on the forums..
Old 08-09-12, 06:44 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

agreed but I do not think there is anything wrong with this thread, how you gonna put a supercharger in the ls and it handles like crap???? maybe lexus will do what infiniti did and take there suv engine and throw it in there sedan... I doubt that, 5.0 seem like the next choice! let's keep the thread going this is one of the few that is still interesting.

Quick Reply: The perfect Lexus