LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-15, 08:25 AM
philnshelb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lifting points

Originally Posted by roadfrog
For the rear corners, I use the large rubber bumpers that you can see near the outer edges of the chassis along the lower sill.. If you want to raise the entire end of the vehicle equally, you can use the diff for the rear (there's a jack plate on the diff). For the front, there's also a jack point located on the cross member.

Here's a pic that might help:
Thx roadfrog this helps alot, great pic where did you get it?
Old 12-17-15, 08:31 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by philnshelb
Thx roadfrog this helps alot, great pic where did you get it?
I went outisde, rolled the car over onto it's back (with help from my wife), and snapped a few photos. Nothing is too laborious for my friends here at CL.....

And as you can see, I am a stickler for details, hence how nice and clean I keep my car, even the underneath......

LOL. Google!

Last edited by roadfrog; 12-17-15 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-17-15, 09:22 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok so many many years ago at dealers I worked for owners new the meaning of word of mouth. Reputation meant something. Pricing was fair and people were not lied to very often. They made a very good living owning their business and even took care of their employees with bonus money etc. Unfortunately that all changed. Manufactures demanded multi million buildings and loaner cars and this and that. It all escalated to what we have now. Insane prices only the rich can afford. Caring about word of mouth is gone, honesty is gone, fair pricing is gone. Those good owners greedy kids or large corporations run most dealerships now and they dont care about anything but raping and pillaging every wallet that drives on their property. I know this isnt earth shaking news but I watched it year by year and were stuck with it now. If anyone cares I can get into more detail since I was great friends with my service manager of 25 years and we talked about each thing as they came about over the years.
Old 12-17-15, 09:30 AM
philnshelb
Driver School Candidate

Default lifting points

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I went outisde, rolled the car over onto it's back (with help from my wife), and snapped a few photos. Nothing is too laborious for my friends here at CL.....

And as you can see, I am a stickler for details, hence how nice and clean I keep my car, even the underneath......

LOL. Google!
Yea thats what i figured
Old 12-17-15, 09:51 AM
Zeke21
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for anyone looking for bulbs I've found hidbulbsrus to be a great resource. http://www.hidbulbsrus.com/

They sell authentic bulbs and there are some guides on their site to help you understand the differences between authentic and knock off bulbs commonly found on places like ebay.

I originally found their site when looking for bulbs for my Z32 and needed the Xenon bulbs found on the late model Z32 in Japan. I wanted oem bulbs that apparently are no longer made but they still had a bunch of old stock still available.
Old 12-17-15, 12:29 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
Ok so many many years ago at dealers I worked for owners new the meaning of word of mouth. Reputation meant something. Pricing was fair and people were not lied to very often. They made a very good living owning their business and even took care of their employees with bonus money etc. Unfortunately that all changed. Manufactures demanded multi million buildings and loaner cars and this and that. It all escalated to what we have now. Insane prices only the rich can afford. Caring about word of mouth is gone, honesty is gone, fair pricing is gone. Those good owners greedy kids or large corporations run most dealerships now and they dont care about anything but raping and pillaging every wallet that drives on their property. I know this isnt earth shaking news but I watched it year by year and were stuck with it now. If anyone cares I can get into more detail since I was great friends with my service manager of 25 years and we talked about each thing as they came about over the years.
Mmmmkay.

Old 12-20-15, 07:16 AM
jfattibe
Driver

Another bump for Morimoto HID 5500K bulbs from "The Retrofit Source". Thanks Roadfrog !

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.VnbGA03bKHs
Old 12-20-15, 09:13 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by jfattibe
Another bump for Morimoto HID 5500K bulbs from "The Retrofit Source". Thanks Roadfrog !

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.VnbGA03bKHs
Glad it worked out for you. They are VERY good to deal with and those bulbs are awesome...especially for the price.
Old 12-22-15, 03:07 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

So I went to turn on my low beams a bit earlier tonight and wuddaya' know...
The passenger side is out.
Not a bad life for an OEM HID bulb; 8+ years!
I'll be ordering what Roadfrog has recommended shortly.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 01-21-16, 08:54 PM
johnbros01
Driver School Candidate

Default Replacing DS4 Low Beam Bulb in 2008 Lexus LS 460

Thanks Enigma869 - I was looking under the hood and could see two ports to the Bulbs but also could see they were the High Beam and Turning Light. I did remove the wheel well and then the bulb. To remove the wheel well, you remove the Screws and Fender Clips. There are some fender welds that look like the Clips except they are solid without a center core. Leave these alone. The two clips close to the outside and almost in the bottom of the well have a slot in them. I turned them 90 degrees, then pulled out. The others came out easily with screw driver.. I used the Sylvania DS4 bulb and the color and brightness were the same as the OEM bulb on the other side. I replaced one because I saved very little work by doing them at the same time. That is your choice though, I am retired and can do the other anytime.
Attached Thumbnails Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7754.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7761.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7764.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7765.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7766.jpg  

Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7767.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7768.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7769.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7770.jpg   Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?-img_7771.jpg  

Old 01-27-16, 08:55 PM
kentserph
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys,
I just replaced both of my HIDs in about an hour without removing the wheels. You can check out my YouTube video here:
Hope that can help some of you out there.
The following users liked this post:
KiwiSlovak (03-18-20)
Old 02-02-16, 09:56 AM
Vo707
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tee
You have to remove the wheels and then the fender lining to replace the bulbs. This is how the service manual shows replacing the bulbs, use a flat head to remove the liner tabs. You can do it, might take you 20 mins ea good luck.
Where can I get the book to show me how to replace a headlight bulb in my 2007 LS460?? Anyone PLEASE!!!!! Dealer wants $400 just to put in a bulb for me WTH
Old 02-02-16, 09:56 AM
Vo707
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kentserph
Hi Guys,
I just replaced both of my HIDs in about an hour without removing the wheels. You can check out my YouTube video here:
Hope that can help some of you out there.
I LOVE THIS FORUM.... I will try this when I get home THANK YOU
The following users liked this post:
RandyV (02-02-18)
Old 02-03-16, 10:33 AM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the video. you made it look so easy that i regret paying someone to do it (well, they also installed HID fogs so it wasn't that much more expensive). also +1 on the morimoto because i have it for both headlights and fogs (6500k). it's not as whitish/bluish as i would have liked it so i might use your video if i decide to switch them out....
Old 02-03-16, 12:14 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone know if the 13+ operate on a similar principle? TIA

Quick Reply: Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?