LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?

Old 06-21-13, 10:19 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Agreed, that dealer is high on crack. I replaced both of my HIDs for 5000K units on my '07 in less than 30 minutes.
Or the dealer thought he was high on crack.
Old 06-27-13, 10:53 AM
BillC123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight bulb - 2007 LS460L

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Nope. As stated above, no bumper removal needed - you can jack the car up and remove the wheel then remove the liner and you'll plainly see what to do. Or you can turn your wheel all the way one way to access a part of the liner to pull back and change it that way.

As for the prices - $230+ for one bulb sounds ridiculous. $230+ for a pair of genuine Philips bulbs is a little more reasonable. Even if you had to remove the bumper, it certainly wouldn't be $600 worth of labour to do it unless the tech is a dud.

Save yourself the money - purchase genuine philips bulbs off vendors here like Nigel-JDM and do it yourself.
Thanks for all of your help regarding replacing the bulb.
Old 06-27-13, 09:31 PM
redoctane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tee
in short your dealer is tripping with that price quote, the service dept reps at that dealer should be wearing ski mask!
lol!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-13, 07:40 PM
LSUJAZZ
Driver School Candidate

The only problem I had was getting the metal clips to re-engage, a needle-nose pliers helped.
Old 08-13-13, 07:51 PM
jmsmiff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer quoted me $644 to replace light bulbs. I ordered a set of oem bulbe for $79 and replaced them myself in 30 mins. removing the wheels/fenders is the best and easiest way
Old 08-14-13, 06:45 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsmiff
Dealer quoted me $644 to replace light bulbs. I ordered a set of oem bulbe for $79 and replaced them myself in 30 mins. removing the wheels/fenders is the best and easiest way
LOL..that is why they are stealerships..they make all their money on service and used car profit margins...absolutely insane they would quote that. I know for a fact a tech with a lift can replace bulbs in under 30 mins for both sides

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 10-28-13, 10:04 AM
dleight
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cucusdad
LOW BEAMS - You do not have to remove the tire but it is a little easier if you do.
1. Remove the two flathead clips at liner edge by rotating 1/4 turn and slide flathead screwdriver under lip to pop out.
2. Remove the hex-screws holding the liner inside the wheel well. You can use a phillips head or a 10mm socket.
3. Use flathead screwdriver and pry liner away from the edgae of the fender. You may have to remove three hex-head screws from underneath the front of the wheel well.
4. The liner will bend/pull away with a little effort and you will see a the gray headlamp cover at about 2 o'clock. Turn it about a quarter turn and using a flat head screwdriver you can pry it out.
5. Inside, turn the metal cover 1/4 turn and pull off back of bulb.
6. Squeeze and remove wire clips
7. Remove lamp.
8. Insert new lamp making sure to line-up the slots making sure not to touch the bulb.

HIGH BEAMS - Can be accessed through the hood/engine well.
When one squeezes the spring to release the lamp, it must have a slight forward pressure due to a small lip in the back. If one pulls back while squeezing, it will never let go. So, the proper way is to push forward, squeeze, pull back.

BTW: I got the exact same Phillips lamp that Lexus utilizes on ebay for $35.00!
Old 12-10-13, 06:53 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The information on this thread was on point! Changed out my bulbs in about 45 min's with help from a neighbor. Saved hundreds vs the STEALERSHIP!
The following users liked this post:
Parrokeete (01-07-22)
Old 08-17-14, 04:41 AM
joemontenj
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks cucusdad !!

Originally Posted by cucusdad
LOW BEAMS - You do not have to remove the tire but it is a little easier if you do.
1. Remove the two flathead clips at liner edge by rotating 1/4 turn and slide flathead screwdriver under lip to pop out.
2. Remove the hex-screws holding the liner inside the wheel well. You can use a phillips head or a 10mm socket.
3. Use flathead screwdriver and pry liner away from the edgae of the fender. You may have to remove three hex-head screws from underneath the front of the wheel well.
4. The liner will bend/pull away with a little effort and you will see a the gray headlamp cover at about 2 o'clock. Turn it about a quarter turn and using a flat head screwdriver you can pry it out.
5. Inside, turn the metal cover 1/4 turn and pull off back of bulb.
6. Squeeze and remove wire clips
7. Remove lamp.
8. Insert new lamp making sure to line-up the slots making sure not to touch the bulb.

HIGH BEAMS - Can be accessed through the hood/engine well.
Thank you to cucusdad and others here !!!!
I'm a total newbie and was able to follow your instructions and change the bulb in about 2 hours. The dealer quoted me $610 for the repair and I did it myself for $30 in parts. I couldn't have done it without your instructions :-)
Thanks again
Joe
Parrokeete (01-07-22)
Old 08-17-14, 06:48 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Hey Joe, two things.

One, welcome to Club Lexus.

And two, a big thumbs up for going straight to the search function to answer your question!

Now that you've found us, don't be a stranger.
Old 10-10-14, 07:38 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

probably an easy question to answer, but i just had a bulb go out, and i was wondering if i could go ahead and put in the HID bulb kits to match my fog lights?

or do i have to replace with "oem" bulbs?
Old 10-10-14, 08:04 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think i've found the answer! sorry all!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...placement.html
Old 12-16-15, 08:07 PM
philnshelb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LSUJAZZ
The only problem I had was getting the metal clips to re-engage, a needle-nose pliers helped.
I hear you brother, that wasnt the most difficult part of the job but it did take up a fair amount of time. I used patience and at least one choice word, but i was able to manage it by hand
Old 12-16-15, 08:19 PM
philnshelb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dleight
When one squeezes the spring to release the lamp, it must have a slight forward pressure due to a small lip in the back. If one pulls back while squeezing, it will never let go. So, the proper way is to push forward, squeeze, pull back.

BTW: I got the exact same Phillips lamp that Lexus utilizes on ebay for $35.00!
Thanks cucusdad. I was able to follow your instructions with great success about an hour per side, that liner is managable but gladly of thick materiel. And the little clip holding the bulb proved to be my nemisis. although I did take this opportunity with the front wheels off to clean the insides of the rim and the fender wells. On a side note how are users lifting their vehicle with a floor jack in their garage.
Old 12-17-15, 07:26 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

how are users lifting their vehicle with a floor jack in their garage.
For the rear corners, I use the large rubber bumpers that you can see near the outer edges of the chassis along the lower sill.. If you want to raise the entire end of the vehicle equally, you can use the diff for the rear (there's a jack plate on the diff). For the front, there's also a jack point located on the cross member.

Here's a pic that might help:

Last edited by roadfrog; 12-17-15 at 07:31 AM.
NotFasty (01-06-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Know anyone to do 2007 LS 460 headlight replacement?