LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Side Mirror Turn Signal Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 05:14 AM
smileman83
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS460 Side Mirror Turn Signal Mod

Hi again guys. I know this has been discussed before, but there are so many vendors and I have gotten conflicting opinions so I wanted to ask. I have an '08 LS460 SWB and I would like to do the turn signal side mirror modification. Anyone done this on an '08 (Nigel at JDM said that his installer had problem with the fit on an '08-something was slightly different) and has anyone used this vendor on Ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270420554271&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123[/URL]

Thanks in advance.

Bruce
Old 09-05-09, 09:26 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smileman83
Hi again guys. I know this has been discussed before, but there are so many vendors and I have gotten conflicting opinions so I wanted to ask. I have an '08 LS460 SWB and I would like to do the turn signal side mirror modification. Anyone done this on an '08 (Nigel at JDM said that his installer had problem with the fit on an '08-something was slightly different) and has anyone used this vendor on Ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123[/URL]

Thanks in advance.

Bruce
I think i found something helpful for you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...k-warning.html
Old 09-05-09, 05:54 PM
smileman83
Rookie

I have seen that post and I will use it if I install, but I am asking if there are differences in this vendor and JDM?

Bruce
Old 09-05-09, 08:55 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Smileman, I used this company to purchase my turn signal mirrors. The fit was perfect, but I have a 07.

Last edited by elsmooth; 09-05-09 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-06-09, 04:24 AM
smileman83
Rookie

Thanks Ed, in the pictures, it looks like the LED light portion sticks out from the cover as it goes away from the car. Can you take a close up pic of yours for me since you have the same car in essence? Also How was the paint. He has some feedback about poor paint quality.
Old 09-06-09, 04:25 AM
smileman83
Rookie

Also, did you use the directions that came with them of the DIY here on the group?
Old 09-06-09, 06:23 AM
elsmooth
Driver

Smileman, the paint was perfect. I didn't use the DIY. I kinda figured it out on my own, but the DIY is somewhat accurate. The only thing I did different was I used shrink wrap around the wires all the way from the mirror through the door grommet. Unfortunately it took two days to find the wires for the turn signals. They are located in the main junction box on the driver side right behind the change door. I can't imagine the mirrors changed from 07 to 08.
Old 09-06-09, 07:53 AM
smileman83
Rookie

Wow- how in the heck did you find the wires and do you have a pick of your splice or color codes, etc. I am gonna learn from the master-lol
Old 09-06-09, 01:14 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by elsmooth
Smileman, I used this company to purchase my turn signal mirrors. The fit was perfect, but I have a 07.
do you have pic elsmooth?
What color wire did you tapped into for the LS460? I know on the DIY it's green but that's for the IS model. Thanks.
Old 09-06-09, 03:28 PM
smileman83
Rookie

Ed youre a celebrity now man- Random, he used an area on the drivers side near the coin door where the connectors for the turn signals are. I am getting some clarification from him and hope he will just post the pic of what panel to remove, but there is a white connector with a grey release tab about 3 inches long and you are looking for the green wire (drivers side) and the yellow wire (passengers side). Ed used I assume a light probe to see where the signals were.
Old 09-06-09, 08:35 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Sorry guys, I didn't take pics this time because I was doing both the mirrors and fog lights at the same the time. However, the colors for the LS460 are Green and Yellow and they are right next to each other. There is only one long connector right in front of you when you pull the lower dash trim out under the steering wheel. Once you unplug the wire harness for the the fuel, gas, mirrors etc on the left side you will see a junction box with multiple plugs. The one to the far right will have about 4 or 5 stacked on top of each other. I think to the left of that you will see a 25 pin white connector (I'm guessing) that will have a gray release button. You will have to rock this piece back to remove it. The yellow and green wires will be on the bottom half. Another distinquishing piece about the connector is it will be vertical in nature. Turn your hazards on and using a test light probe, you will note the light will flash will the yellow and green are probe. I used green scotch locks which can be purchased from Lowe's. These are also called bridge connectors. They allow you tap into the wires without cutting them. I used these because they are small and have a gel to prevent corrosion. Other connectors can be used but you will find that they are little bulky. After I connected the bridge connectors, I taped the connectors and wires to the mirrors as best I could. There is a ground wire at the base of the foot rest so you will be able to ground both wires there. Good luck guys. Hit me up if you have any problems
Old 04-28-11, 12:56 AM
GSP David
Pole Position

great info.
Old 05-02-11, 09:42 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GSP David
great info.
Great thread revival David. LoL
Old 05-13-11, 08:17 PM
elsmooth
Driver

What's up Smileman? Are you going to do the mod?
Old 05-16-11, 02:12 PM
smileman83
Rookie

Did the mod- I like it. Hardest part is threading the wires down through the rubber boot in the door and getting them inside the cabin. Take your time and be careful. Wire taps are under the front left dash behind a trim panel which are easy to unplug and tap into.

Quick Reply: LS460 Side Mirror Turn Signal Mod