LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Nav Software Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-09, 08:29 PM
deedward
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Software Upgrade

Hello all--

I understand that if I have the navigation software in my 2007 LS460 upgraded from 6.1 to 7.1 I will no longer have to press "I Agree" each time I start the car. I asked my dealer about this and they didn't seem to know if this was the case or not. Some of the folks there didn't even know the 460 had a HDD system and said I'd just need to order the DVD!

For those who have had their 07 models upgraded from 6.1 to 7.1, does that eliminate the need to press "I Agree" each time?

Also, what did your dealers charge you for the upgrade? Mine quoted me something just short of $400 for the upgrade. That sounded high to me...but I think this dealer charges $50 to check the tire pressure!

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

Dan
Old 04-18-09, 08:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

dan, welcome to clublexus.

yes, 7.1 and 8.1 both took out the i agree button already. 7.1 was on the 08 LS and the 8.1 is not on the 09 LS. if you upgrade, 8.1 is the latest and you might as well get the 8.1

you are correct that LS is hdd base and the dealership need to order a usb drive for the upgrade. i don't know about the price though, didn't look into details

i am also very surprised your dealership seems to know much less than us here
Old 04-29-09, 03:08 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spoke to my service advisor today and he mention that since I have a 07' model, the upgrade will not eliminate that feature. He said the 08' model use a different hard drive feature than the 07' so my 07' will still display the "i Agree" at started and will not go away until you accept it. Is that correct? Does anyone know or have done the upgrade
Old 04-29-09, 03:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by New to IS3
I spoke to my service advisor today and he mention that since I have a 07' model, the upgrade will not eliminate that feature. He said the 08' model use a different hard drive feature than the 07' so my 07' will still display the "i Agree" at started and will not go away until you accept it. Is that correct? Does anyone know or have done the upgrade
umm, i would say i am 99% sure it will get rid of the i agree. i remember one of my friends who has the 07 with 6.1, upgraded to 7.1, and the i agree went away

any other 07 owners can confirm?
Old 04-29-09, 05:00 PM
deedward
Driver School Candidate

The dealer has my car now for the fuel pipe recall and I decided to have them upgrade the nav software while it was there (I'm 120 miles away from the nearest dealer). I should have the car back by the weekend so I'll post the result of the nav upgrade when I get it back.
Old 04-29-09, 05:46 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by New to IS3
I just can't believe that Lexus dealer will hire such incompetent people to deal with their customer. In todays society, this should be unacceptable. I would make him explain to me what the difference are between 07 and 08 in front of his SM. I would also demand an apology for lying to you and because of that demand a free upgrade. (Which will eliminate the "I AGREE" button)
Old 04-29-09, 05:57 PM
deedward
Driver School Candidate

I suspect that there is much more knowledge here on this forum than in most dealers. Very sad indeed that we owners have to educate our dealers' service departments when we take our cars in.

My service advisor was going to order the new DVD for my nav upgrade in my '07 LS. When I told him that it was HDD based, he didn't really know what I was talking about! He talked to several other people in the shop and was finally convinced that it was HDD based. After confering with these several other people, there was still no clear understanding as to whether the "I Agree" goes away with the upgrade.

Very frustrating...
Old 04-29-09, 06:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by deedward
I suspect that there is much more knowledge here on this forum than in most dealers. Very sad indeed that we owners have to educate our dealers' service departments when we take our cars in.

My service advisor was going to order the new DVD for my nav upgrade in my '07 LS. When I told him that it was HDD based, he didn't really know what I was talking about! He talked to several other people in the shop and was finally convinced that it was HDD based. After confering with these several other people, there was still no clear understanding as to whether the "I Agree" goes away with the upgrade.

Very frustrating...
definitely report back when the car is back. a FACT that i know 100% is that on the new GS and IS (2006/2007), when they upgraded the navigation DVD, the i agree button went away. that's because the dvd contains the new firmware update for the navigation that takes away this i agree screen. that's why i am pretty sure the hdd update on the ls460 will do the same, and like i said i believe my friend did it and same result.

on a side note, while i do know some people at dealerships who know A LOT about our cars and i pay tons of respect to them, it's also very true that a lot of them don't know close to half of what we know.
Old 04-30-09, 06:08 AM
smileman83
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It 100% will get rid of the i agree message for a simple safety message that disappears- been there, done that, bought the tee shirt!!!
Old 04-30-09, 07:02 AM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

ditto...it'll remove the mothering effect (somewhat)....and yes, it is very frustrating when we know more about our cars (thank heavens for CL!!!!) then the S.A.....
Old 04-30-09, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol now New to IS3, go back and make a serious bet with the SA about the upgrade. tell him if the upgrade takes care of the i agree, you get it for free. otherwise you pay, hehe
Old 05-01-09, 03:58 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has provided my their input. I will go back to the dealership and ask again.
Old 05-01-09, 05:07 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I had my '07 LS460 Nav upgraded to 7.1. The "I agree" step was eliminated, and Hawaii was added.

I doubt the 7.1 upgrade is still available from Lexus. The $400 is probably because you are moving up two upgrades, not unlike upgrades in the PC world. That would be $200 for 7.1 and a further $200 for 8.1.
Old 05-01-09, 05:40 PM
deedward
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Burnaby
I had my '07 LS460 Nav upgraded to 7.1. The "I agree" step was eliminated, and Hawaii was added.

I doubt the 7.1 upgrade is still available from Lexus. The $400 is probably because you are moving up two upgrades, not unlike upgrades in the PC world. That would be $200 for 7.1 and a further $200 for 8.1.
The dealer originally quoted $265 for the software and $120 to install it. They have since dropped the charge for the installation so I'll be paying $265. Don't know what version I'm getting yet. They haven't received the software from Denso yet. Hopefully I'll get my car back Monday or Tuesday...

What was the cost when you had yours upgraded?
Old 05-01-09, 07:16 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I used a different approach covered in a previous thread. The service department relayed my displeasure and frustration to Lexus Corp about the "I agree" screen, errors in map data, and significant number of inaccuracies or redundancies in the POIs. That broke the ice and and Lexus authorized the free upgrade to 7.1. Ironically, the upgrade was done the same day I upgrade my 460 to a 600. There was no connection there as the authorization was granted long before I even expressed any interest in the 600.

Quick Reply: Nav Software Upgrade