LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates are effective now

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-18, 04:21 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Shame on ExxonMobil

Was looking into creating an account to receive emails/coupons at John's Favorite Website, and found it really ODD, and borderline OFFENSIVE, that there's no selection to choose LEXUS as the car manufacturer when customizing an account!!!? From Acura to Volvo to even Kia, but no Lexus! #SadlyDesignedWebsite

Old 11-15-18, 04:26 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

AH-HA! The website allows you to pick the manufacturer brand LEXUS starting at model year 2007! LOL! What does THAT tell you?!

Things that make u go HHHMMMmmmmmm! lol
Old 11-16-18, 05:28 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Hey this is strange cuz I was back at the DE Walmart (thinking there was another rebate but no it's like $10 rebate for some video service or something). THEY NEVER HAVE NORMAL 5W30. They will have Euro, extended mileage, all those different kinds of Mobil 1. AND, the price is $25.xx, when in PA, it's rolled back to $22.xx! So my tax savings is eaten up by the higher price anyway.

Along the lines of marketing, I bought my mom a iPhone 6s brand new from what used to be, "Can you hear me now?" $120. Very satisfied with the price, they are about $300 new in box on eBay.

2 days later, it's $20!!!!!!!!! WTH? I was telling people in the office and they were laughing. I said listen, if a $100 bill were laying on the floor, I wouldn't bend over to pick it up anyway, so why should I care? hahahaha I am actually returning it, paying a $50 restock, and getting it in DE which is a $21 in sales tax savings (tax is on full retail). Net gain is $71 even with paying $50 to restock. I have to do what I have to do.....
Old 11-16-18, 05:32 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
AH-HA! The website allows you to pick the manufacturer brand LEXUS starting at model year 2007! LOL! What does THAT tell you?!

Things that make u go HHHMMMmmmmmm! lol
The only car I am specific about is the BMW, which requires LL-01 oil. And what's so funny, the "01" means 2001. That was 17 years ago. Today's Mobil 1 Euro does not have that spec (we all surmise it's pay to play, and some folks say I don't care I just use it still). The problem is most LL-01 oil is $8/qt. Even I don't want to pay that much. I have some jugs of Mobil 1 when it was LL-01 (might have been 15 or 16 that it lost the designation). But think about it, if the oil is good enough for AMG and Mercedes and Audi, how is it not good enough for BMW....

The other cars I am good with Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra Platinum...
Old 03-11-19, 12:57 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Just wanted to let everyone know, the Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra Platinum $10 rebate for 5 qt. jug limit 2 is back.

Whew, they were seemingly gone at the beginning of the year (still no $12 Mobil 1 yet).

It also has those terms from "participating locations only," and yes, Walmart is on the list. amazon is not mentioned, nor is there the click button for the rebate on the amazon website.

I was feeling FOMOR (fear of missing out on rebates). Whew cuz I'm about the change the LS430 and that would mean 2 jugs used and not replaced.

https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions/do-it-yourself-oil-change/promotion-13.html#vanity-aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucGVubnpvaWwuY29tL3JlYmF0ZQ=true&iframe=L2RpeS9TcHJpbmdNSVIxOS9zdG9yZWxvY2F0b3IuY2ZtP3ppcD0xOTA4Mw

Pennzoil.com/rebate
Old 03-11-19, 04:57 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Just wanted to let everyone know, the Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra Platinum $10 rebate for 5 qt. jug limit 2 is back.

Whew, they were seemingly gone at the beginning of the year (still no $12 Mobil 1 yet).

It also has those terms from "participating locations only," and yes, Walmart is on the list. amazon is not mentioned, nor is there the click button for the rebate on the amazon website.

I was feeling FOMOR (fear of missing out on rebates). Whew cuz I'm about the change the LS430 and that would mean 2 jugs used and not replaced.

https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promo...P3ppcD0xOTA4Mw

Pennzoil.com/rebate
Ok, I have to admit the $10 rebate deducted from Walmart's price of $22.58 price is a GREAT deal, as it's even cheaper than their house brand Supertech.

I have to rant though, what the HECK is the difference between their Penzoil's synthetic "Platinum" and their "Ultra Platinum"!? The fact they have marketing gimicks like that make me NOT want to purchase their oil.

Wouldn't it be fun if Mobil came out with Mobil-1+ and Moblil-1Extra and Mobil-1Super? Oh...and their website would explain the differences between their oils is "superior lubrication properties and super duper cleaning/anti-sludge agents in the +"....."extra superior lubrication and extra cleaning properties in the Extra".....and "tremendously extra super duper oooper pooperscooper lube properties and cleaning agents in the Super"!? Give me a break!!!

PS...no need to explain differences in Penzoil's marketing gimmickry. Their own website shows the only difference as the Ultra Platinum receives 3 stars (LMFAO) in the EXTREME PERFORMANCE category (whatever THAT means), while their Platinum receives 0 stars (LMFAO again)!
Old 03-12-19, 06:08 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
Ok, I have to admit the $10 rebate deducted from Walmart's price of $22.58 price is a GREAT deal, as it's even cheaper than their house brand Supertech.

I have to rant though, what the HECK is the difference between their Penzoil's synthetic "Platinum" and their "Ultra Platinum"!? The fact they have marketing gimicks like that make me NOT want to purchase their oil.

Wouldn't it be fun if Mobil came out with Mobil-1+ and Moblil-1Extra and Mobil-1Super? Oh...and their website would explain the differences between their oils is "superior lubrication properties and super duper cleaning/anti-sludge agents in the +"....."extra superior lubrication and extra cleaning properties in the Extra".....and "tremendously extra super duper oooper pooperscooper lube properties and cleaning agents in the Super"!? Give me a break!!!

PS...no need to explain differences in Penzoil's marketing gimmickry. Their own website shows the only difference as the Ultra Platinum receives 3 stars (LMFAO) in the EXTREME PERFORMANCE category (whatever THAT means), while their Platinum receives 0 stars (LMFAO again)!
I've always used the regular Platinum, but last year, suddenly amazon was selling ultra for under $25, AND, it had a button to click for the rebate. I think Mobil 1 specifically excludes amazon, whereas Shell/Pennzoil said only from this list. Either is just fine, our cars didn't even come with synth from the factory, and back then, Toyota Motor wrote a long paper saying no benefit to synthetic in 500k miles lol They have backed off that position maybe due to turbocharging...

If I am down there I will hit that Walmart off of 141 in Wilmington to get the oil tax free? But it is always a shambles--no joke, they never have Mobil 1 5W30, the regular kind, not even 2 jugs!! The Walmart in PA has more than you could even want for a 10 year supply. I don't get it. I'm just glad my life can return to normal and the earth to its orbit, now that there is a valid rebate and I can at least get 2 jugs of oil at $10 off each! lol
Old 03-12-19, 05:53 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Ok. I admit, I ordered 2 jugs of Platinum from Walmart just now, lol. Thanks for "sharing the wealth" on here!
Old 03-13-19, 04:30 AM
Trilkb
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

$10 pays for a wix filter at OReilly's. I never thought $30-35 was bad to begin with. Can't imagine what Lexus charges. Plus it takes 15min if that to DIY and you dont waste time, gas, or money going to the only Lexus dealer in town.

Now if someone had a DIY on a trans fluid exchange that would be nice. 2 5 gallon buckets and some hoses would work and then a bucket to catch the dirty as its pumped out.
Old 03-13-19, 05:24 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I buy WIX XPs in bulk from rockauto. No joke I was looking at buying some struts for my wife's car and now they seem to have substantial shipping AND they collect sales tax! A lot of their "advantage" is gone. Unless the "substantial" charges are because it's a strut. But even eBay has a warning about sales tax now. imho the Supreme Court made a big mistake and also imho what really s**** is the last two appointees and the way they are going to be voting going forward. One wouldn't think it would affect us personally. At least the earlier one did have an impact on this decision with taxes on internet sales, not sure about the 2nd. But both would have the same position.
Old 03-13-19, 04:15 PM
Trilkb
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

You lost me after "supreme court".

I dont follow politics because they just make you angry over stuff you can't change.
Old 04-02-19, 11:45 PM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

https://slickdeals.net/f/12986812-mo...src=SiteSearch

M1 rebates is back! Also notice that on post #4 you can get additional $5 off gift car at Walmart brick and mortar.

Spring is here, perfect time to do oil change!
Old 04-03-19, 05:42 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trilkb
You lost me after "supreme court".

I dont follow politics because they just make you angry over stuff you can't change.
There was a case South Dakota v. Wayfair which essentially was to me a smart bomb. We folks in PA got hit way ahead of everybody else, where many online etailers collected PA sales tax with no presence in PA, for online transactions. But last June, that case made it such that today virtually every internet etailer collects sales tax for all states (except ones that don't have it like DE, OR, NH). I'm against this decision, and would be, even if I am a seller. Why must I collect PA sales tax, if I am a little etailer in say CA or SD? How am I going to turn those monies over to PA?

Anyhow good news on the M1, dang that made my day! I wish amazon were included in the pennzoil cuz they had the platinum for like $24.xx....but have to go to Walmart before 6/30....
Old 04-03-19, 09:22 AM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 408 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Rebates: Expect the unexpected

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
There was a case South Dakota v. Wayfair which essentially was to me a smart bomb. We folks in PA got hit way ahead of everybody else, where many online etailers collected PA sales tax with no presence in PA, for online transactions. But last June, that case made it such that today virtually every internet etailer collects sales tax for all states (except ones that don't have it like DE, OR, NH). I'm against this decision, and would be, even if I am a seller. Why must I collect PA sales tax, if I am a little etailer in say CA or SD? How am I going to turn those monies over to PA?

Anyhow good news on the M1, dang that made my day! I wish amazon were included in the pennzoil cuz they had the platinum for like $24.xx....but have to go to Walmart before 6/30....
Another forum member posted some time ago that Mobil 1 0W-30 synthetic was on sale at Autozone for $2/quart. I purchased two cases.

I will not purchase based on rebates.

Why not instant manufacturer rebates?

Because the brand or its marketing arm wants your personal information, which in turn is often sold or transferred to third parties....and you start receiving enough junk mail to heat your home, or your e-mail inbox is burning up.

Cashing that rebate check provides your bank routing information, to the issuer...which can turn problematic
Old 04-03-19, 09:23 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by YODAONE
Another forum member posted some time ago that Mobil 1 0W-30 synthetic was on sale at Autozone for $2/quart. I purchased two cases.

I will not purchase based on rebates.

Why not instant manufacturer rebates?

Because the brand or its marketing arm wants your personal information, which in turn is often sold or transferred to third parties....and you start receiving enough junk mail to heat your home, or your e-mail inbox is burning up.

Cashing that rebate check provides your bank routing information, to the issuer.
My preference is to use the weight recommended by the mfg, so 0W30 doesn't work for me....even at $2/qt

No issues with rebates. I have heard that argument with XM radio and using a credit card, but imho unfounded...that's what spam filters are for.

Quick Reply: both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates are effective now