LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates are effective now

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-18, 07:57 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates are effective now

I know that many cannot be bothered with clipping coupons to save $10 or $12, but they make it so easy through online uploads of receipts, that it's how I always buy my oil these days, never without a rebate.

Pennzoil seems to be limit 1 this period, Mobil 1, limit 2. So again, you can buy a 5 qt jug for say $22-$25, and get a $10 or $12 rebate. Easy.

I always stock up so some sort of oil is on hand. FYI....

edit (also eBay is 15% off everything through 22:00 PST today--I think I've run out of things to buy there! code PREGAME15)

mobil
https://apfco.com/secure/R9798W/Register?utm_medium=Retailer&utm_campaign=Email_Promotions_Unregistered_Fall2018_17_Off&utm_source=MobilOil_Email&utm_content=Image-CTA

pennzoil
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promo...9jYXRvci5jZm0=

Last edited by Johnhav430; 08-28-18 at 09:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Johnhav430:
bradland (08-28-18), Legender (08-28-18)
Old 08-28-18, 12:15 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Guess I'll be buying some Mobil tonight then. Thanks. $20 savings on something I'm already going to buy is still $20 savings...

I started this journey with nothing and have most of that left.
Old 08-30-18, 02:37 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks for posting these and the ebay stuff much appreciated.
Old 08-30-18, 02:41 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I know that many cannot be bothered with clipping coupons to save $10 or $12, but they make it so easy through online uploads of receipts, that it's how I always buy my oil these days, never without a rebate.

Pennzoil seems to be limit 1 this period, Mobil 1, limit 2. So again, you can buy a 5 qt jug for say $22-$25, and get a $10 or $12 rebate. Easy.

edit (also eBay is 15% off everything through 22:00 PST today--I think I've run out of things to buy there! code PREGAME15)

mobil
https://apfco.com/secure/R9798W/Regi...tent=Image-CTA

pennzoil
do you flip flop on oil or do you stick to one brand for your LS430?
Old 08-30-18, 07:30 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

mobil
https://apfco.com/secure/R9798W/Register?utm_medium=Retailer&utm_campaign=Email_Promotions_Unregistered_Fall2018_17_Off&utm_source=MobilOil_Email&utm_content=Image-CTA

pennzoil
"Between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”), purchase any Mobil 1 Eligible Product or Mobil Super Eligible Product from a participating retailer listed below (“Participating Retailer”) and receive a rebate as follows:"

Above is an excerpt of the fine print for the rebate!

I scanned the list of stores and I recognized only a couple stores....Target, Big-K, K-Mart, and Home Depot.

Are you purchasing oil from one of those establishments? Personally, there's 1 Target near me but I wouldn't shop there unless I drove an M1-Abrams tank. All the SUV driving suburban mothers drive like 40mph in the parking lots, the aisles are too narrow for 2 cars to pass simultaneously, etc. Never was a fan of them. I haven't been to a K-Mart in about 20 years.

I'm all about Home Depot, but their automotive selection is usually bare bones/minimal.

Where are you buying your oil---and are you going into the store or are you able to buy it online? If online, do you pay shipping?

I know you're a proponent of the rebates with name branded synthetic oil, but the catch for me is Walmart and PepBoys are not on the "Participating Dealer" list. I try to do 1-stop shopping, and Walmart is earning a LOT of my business with orders over $35 receive free shipping. I'm cancelling my Amazon Prime membership the day before it increases to $129! Everything I decide to buy on Amazon is never 'Prime Eligible', rather, it's always an "add-on" product meaning it's not eligible for Prime unless you add a Prime item to the shopping cart and buy it. Total BS. Sorry for the rant, lol.
Old 08-31-18, 04:58 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
"Between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”), purchase any Mobil 1 Eligible Product or Mobil Super Eligible Product from a participating retailer listed below (“Participating Retailer”) and receive a rebate as follows:"

I scanned the list of stores and I recognized only a couple stores....Target, Big-K, K-Mart, and Home Depot.

Are you purchasing oil from one of those establishments? Personally, there's 1 Target near me but I wouldn't shop there unless I drove an M1-Abrams tank. All the SUV driving suburban mothers drive like 40mph in the parking lots, the aisles are too narrow for 2 cars to pass simultaneously, etc. Never was a fan of them. I haven't been to a K-Mart in about 20 years.

I'm all about Home Depot, but their automotive selection is usually bare bones/minimal.

Where are you buying your oil---and are you going into the store or are you able to buy it online? If online, do you pay shipping?

I know you're a proponent of the rebates with name branded synthetic oil, but the catch for me is Walmart and PepBoys are not on the "Participating Dealer" list. I try to do 1-stop shopping, and Walmart is earning a LOT of my business with orders over $35 receive free shipping. I'm cancelling my Amazon Prime membership the day before it increases to $129! Everything I decide to buy on Amazon is never 'Prime Eligible', rather, it's always an "add-on" product meaning it's not eligible for Prime unless you add a Prime item to the shopping cart and buy it. Total BS. Sorry for the rant, lol.
Never had any issue....used to go out of my way to the Walmart in DE to save taxes lol The weirdest thing was that they would be out of stock on the weight/type I wanted, hard to believe. Then here in PA, they would have so many 5 qt jugs they filled the shelves.

Lately? The Pennzoil I just got on amazon, who even links to the form. No issues, got the rebates. Mobil 1 was Walmart because amazon was a lot more expensive. Wouldn't worry about Walmart as my purchases though the years was always from Walmart, until amazon prime...

edit p.s. The Home Depot is the place to go for windshield washer fluid in the summer. I stopped doing the straight water thing. For whatever reason, BMWs grow algae (ridiculous) and the filter clogs, and if the pump doesn't burn out the spray is weakened, and it's a remove wheel well liner job to get at the filter. So if you buy at walmart, they have switched to something that freezes at 32F (same price, less alcohol). Home Depot is still the winter stuff, in summer. If you happen to run out--cuz the shelves are bare when there is a storm.

Last edited by Johnhav430; 08-31-18 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-31-18, 05:03 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
do you flip flop on oil or do you stick to one brand for your LS430?
Hey Jill, flip flop on my wife's SUV and the LS430, I figure her car came with a blend (dexos 1 in 2011), and the LS didn't even come with synthetic, so both Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 are more than good enough. On the BMW I "insist" on LL-01 spec'd oil (crazy, 01 means 2001), and the only one that Walmart carries is now Castrol. The Mobil 1 Euro 0W40 had its LL-01 designation removed (but I have jugs in my garage). Many of us surmise it's just licensing, and some continue to use Mobil 1, but I do not. But I have to say if it's good enough for Corvette and AMG, it likely is good enough for BMW, so again, probably licensing....

On the rebate thing, yes, I love them! hahahahaha I almost didn't get one, which would be first time in my life. AC Delco had $10 rebates on OE cabin filters, $5 rebates on OEM aka aftermarket. I bought 2 OE's, and got a card for $10. When I called, they said it was processed as OEM, not OE. I provided supporting documentation and emailed to a special email, and got a response we already sent your rebate. I made one last try explaining all over it was 2x$10, not 2x$5, and would have given up. Response, we have processed another $10 rebate...and I got it...
Old 08-31-18, 11:02 AM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Never had any issue....used to go out of my way to the Walmart in DE to save taxes lol The weirdest thing was that they would be out of stock on the weight/type I wanted, hard to believe. Then here in PA, they would have so many 5 qt jugs they filled the shelves.

Lately? The Pennzoil I just got on amazon, who even links to the form. No issues, got the rebates. Mobil 1 was Walmart because amazon was a lot more expensive. Wouldn't worry about Walmart as my purchases though the years was always from Walmart, until amazon prime...

edit p.s. The Home Depot is the place to go for windshield washer fluid in the summer. I stopped doing the straight water thing. For whatever reason, BMWs grow algae (ridiculous) and the filter clogs, and if the pump doesn't burn out the spray is weakened, and it's a remove wheel well liner job to get at the filter. So if you buy at walmart, they have switched to something that freezes at 32F (same price, less alcohol). Home Depot is still the winter stuff, in summer. If you happen to run out--cuz the shelves are bare when there is a storm.
WOW. So you're telling me you buy from a "non-participating" Mobil-1 seller, and submit the rebate, and STILL receive the rebate!?

Home Depot might be my new go-to for oil, because with my military ID, I get an additional 10% off the lowest price.
Old 08-31-18, 12:08 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

WOW. So you're telling me you buy from a "non-participating" Mobil-1 seller, and submit the rebate, and STILL receive the rebate!?

Home Depot might be my new go-to for oil, because with my military ID, I get an additional 10% off the lowest price.
Yeah I only bought from Walmart (Centerville Rd in Wilmington), never gave it any thought. Watch you get a rebate denied lol or me too? I was planning on going to Walmart. I just uploaded a Pennzoil today online, from amazon....on that one, I actually chose amazon as part of the rebate, maybe it has to be from a certain list of stores? Walmart was on it....

Heck as long as you don't need it right away, I suppose if you found out your rebate is denied, you can return it...but who wants to do that I know...

edit p.s. on the Mobil, I don't see anything about participating (that is without reading the terms), and it wants retailer name and address, and then you can even get the rebate via email (don't remember that)....
Old 10-31-18, 09:03 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

FYI Walmart no issues, got the rebate. Never thought about it before....Mobil 1 that is. Pennzoil not a question...
The following users liked this post:
LS430inDE. (10-31-18)
Old 11-01-18, 03:33 PM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Same here. I have had multiple rebates, including the last round where I bought M1 from Walmart. Never have problems.
Old 11-02-18, 05:11 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

I did the email rebate check this time, and yes my banking app said to make sure the date is blah blah blah (generic warning when something might be up but usually not), printed the check out, and the funds cleared next day. Also, doing this, there was never any status on the status website. The entire process couldn't be any easier. I still don't understand why the supercenter in DE never has the right oil (5W30 regular), though, when in PA, there might literally be almost 20 jugs. It's like they sell out, and have all the strange varieties left.
Old 11-02-18, 08:55 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Just got my $24 rebate check after buying 2 jugs from Walmart. That's like buy one get one free. Works for me! Thanks John!
Old 11-02-18, 08:59 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Legender
Just got my $24 rebate check after buying 2 jugs from Walmart. That's like buy one get one free. Works for me! Thanks John!
No worries! Do you get the, "Now what car is this for??!" My wife asks because she noticed yellow jugs coming from amazon. and the silver ones I bought in person. I actually have about 6 in the garage too, so yes maybe I don't need any more, but who knows, if one day the rebates stop, then I would have been glad to have stocked up....
Old 11-04-18, 06:36 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Got the Pennzoil yesterday, they seem to be one at a time now. I see we have gotten 4 throughout the year. Used to be 2 at a time. For me, I know I can always use the oil so it's ok to have some reserve...

Here's a funny one--a Credit Union (largest in nation) told me via email we sent you a letter that your account may be closed, this was in error. Inside the envelope is a $5 voucher, please keep that and deposit it via mobile banking. I never saw it so I emailed them can you resend please? They said no, we can't. Well, it too came in the mail yesterday. there is too much error imho these days with financial institutions....hack, letters, etc...

Quick Reply: both Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates are effective now