LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-18, 08:26 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CD Player

Hello ,Does Anybody know a quick fix for the CD Player? I have 2 discs stuck in there for 2 years , when you push the Eject or load button it just beeps, and of course I have the Error message on screen .ive tried the credit card trick with tape on it , hitting the side of the dash ,I don't want to pull it out ,any ideas ?
Old 08-23-18, 08:40 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

When I got one stuck, I disconnected the battery for 2 minutes .... lost the radio presets but the CD player spit out the stuck disc after I reconnected the battery. Hope this works for you.
Old 08-24-18, 05:02 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Do they even start to eject? You can try to slide something like heavy paper or a 3X5 card folded in half into the slot while hitting the eject button. Perhaps you can manipulate the disc out of the slot??
I had an older disc that had a printed label and it got stuck in the mechanism. Was able to retrieve it with the folded 3X5 card...

Old 08-24-18, 05:07 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Nothing at all no noise no eject just makes the beep sound when he hit the buttons I’ll bet it’s shot
Old 08-24-18, 05:20 AM
2KHarrier

Time to install a Vais unit and abandon the CD Player....
Old 08-24-18, 05:35 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Yes I have a FM transmitter plugged in the arm rest and can wireless connect my phone for music quick fix and only 20.00 bucks
Old 08-24-18, 07:08 AM
2KHarrier

Originally Posted by johnnylt
Yes I have a FM transmitter plugged in the arm rest and can wireless connect my phone for music quick fix and only 20.00 bucks
Good to hear.. What CDs were lost in the Abyss?
Old 08-24-18, 10:34 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

nothing special lost just a homemade disc , but I have to say the fm thing plugged in the lighter port does a great job and is crystal clear and good sounding ,no distortion from other FM waves suits my purpose well, tonight back to finishing my LED lights ive done quite a few ,just have to figure how to do the ashtray in the front , back ashtrays are very easy and then figure how to get the glove box light out , and the coin tray , New bulbs are coming in the mail today !!!!
Old 08-24-18, 11:38 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

when my wife was driving the car she said that happened. so she just stopped using the changer and just listen to the radio. when i was replacing the clock spring, after i hooked the battery back up, it spit out a disc. i thought it was just a fluke, but i was able to eject all the discs. now that i'm driving it, i put some back in. but i also installed a GROM unit, so i mostly listen to my ipod.
Old 08-24-18, 05:55 PM
Nyaa
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe this will help. I know it is a changer from a Sienna but the concept should be similar.
Spoiler

Oh, no. You don't want to do that. You are missing out on the pretty good sound quality provided by the ML system.

I highly recommend you picking up one of GROM's products. They start as low as $68 USD. They will allow you plug your phone directly into the ML system via an AUX. They also offer BT streaming (still not recommended if you want good SQ) and the ability to play music via USB.
Old 08-26-18, 07:42 AM
imdking
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah. The FM transmitter is horrible! All that hissing degrades the music quality! Plus volume has to be turned way high just to hear the music.
Old 08-26-18, 08:34 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

I have no problem with the transmitter no hissing nothing I use station 88.5 clear as a bell I actually find it better than the CD player when it worked
Old 08-27-18, 02:19 PM
Nyaa
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no problem with the transmitter no hissing nothing I use station 88.5 clear as a bell I actually find it better than the CD player when it worked
Better in what way?
Old 08-27-18, 04:44 PM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Very very clear great sound bass terrible etc I have my phone going thru it with Spotify or what ever songs stored on my phone and have the equalizer going too sounds awesome and can’t beat it for 20.00 and wireless all around ...
Old 08-27-18, 07:07 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Very very clear great sound bass terrible etc I have my phone going thru it with Spotify or what ever songs stored on my phone and have the equalizer going too sounds awesome and can’t beat it for 20.00 and wireless all around ...
If you're happy with it, who cares what others think. You don't have to justify anything other than what you think. Just enjoy it and forget what others have to say! Don't bother to look at this thread again!

Quick Reply: CD Player