Looking to buy, wrecked my 2002... - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Looking to buy, wrecked my 2002...

Old 06-27-18, 07:17 PM
S1w99
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking to buy, wrecked my 2002...

So I wrecked the best car I ever owned. Now I need to find a low miles 05/06. UL if possible. I'm in Charlotte, NC. Would love to find the orange leather interior....

Thx!

Last edited by S1w99; 06-28-18 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-27-18, 07:32 PM
Romanova
Lead Lap

Oh boy. Many different avenues here. When I was looking, I was spending at least an hour a day searching the internet. Make sure you get updates from eBay, CarGurus, etc. The saddle interior is going to be stretch, that is really rare. I finally got with the used sales manager at several local Lexus dealers and told them exactly what I wanted and to call me as soon as they took one in on trade. I figure if they bought it new from the dealer, then they probably serviced it at the dealer, and would trade it in at the dealer when they were ready for a new model.

You might pay a little more, but for me, it was worth it. Got a one owner 06 with full service records, all books, documentation, keys, etc. I looked at some real dogs before going this route. You might have to be patient though...
Old 06-28-18, 04:38 AM
Legender
Lexus Champion

Might have to be patient?... if you're going to be specific about what you're looking for in a used car, then you will have to be patient until the one you're willing to pay for shows up. Good luck in your search and sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 06-28-18, 04:55 AM
Mbodall
Lead Lap

Literally my worst automotive nightmare... I've had dreams where I was broadsided in my LS and I woke up feeling so sad and depressed and didn't know why until a minute or two after waking up and realizing what I had been dreaming about. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss (I feel like we're talking about the loss of a family member here lol) and I hope you can find happiness in another LS. Condolences...
Old 06-28-18, 05:00 AM
TriC
Pole Position

There was (probably still is) a white one with saddle on CL around Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, it's far from a low mileage example.
Old 06-28-18, 08:26 AM
Legender
Lexus Champion

Fairly low mileage nice looking Pearl 2001 for sale in DFW area... not close and wrong interior...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ct...627441557.html

Not close to you and wrong interior..... hmmmm, ok, forget this one.
Old 06-28-18, 09:05 AM
S1w99
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Romanova View Post
Oh boy. Many different avenues here. When I was looking, I was spending at least an hour a day searching the internet. Make sure you get updates from eBay, CarGurus, etc. The saddle interior is going to be stretch, that is really rare. I finally got with the used sales manager at several local Lexus dealers and told them exactly what I wanted and to call me as soon as they took one in on trade. I figure if they bought it new from the dealer, then they probably serviced it at the dealer, and would trade it in at the dealer when they were ready for a new model.

You might pay a little more, but for me, it was worth it. Got a one owner 06 with full service records, all books, documentation, keys, etc. I looked at some real dogs before going this route. You might have to be patient though...
Thank you sir, great advice. The search is on.
Old 06-28-18, 09:08 AM
S1w99
Driver School Candidate

Default Ty

Originally Posted by Legender View Post
Might have to be patient?... if you're going to be specific about what you're looking for in a used car, then you will have to be patient until the one you're willing to pay for shows up. Good luck in your search and sorry to hear about your accident.
Thank You sir
Old 06-28-18, 09:09 AM
S1w99
Driver School Candidate

Default Ty

Originally Posted by Mbodall View Post
Literally my worst automotive nightmare... I've had dreams where I was broadsided in my LS and I woke up feeling so sad and depressed and didn't know why until a minute or two after waking up and realizing what I had been dreaming about. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss (I feel like we're talking about the loss of a family member here lol) and I hope you can find happiness in another LS. Condolences...
Broke my heart but I'm looking forward to the next one!
Old 06-29-18, 07:11 AM
caverman
Lead Lap

Fairly low mileage nice looking Pearl 2001 for sale in DFW area... not close and wrong interior...

Looks like a reasonable car. It says it has the ML stereo but I don't see a Nav system. I thought the ML and Nav came together? Maybe it didn't in the '01 model.
Old 06-29-18, 07:20 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

How about trying that Auto Tempest website, and least you can hit various car websites all at once. I would say if you are sure you are ready to buy, then you literally will probably find something "eventually," and at that point, make arrangements to inspect and purchase. I myself like new car dealers selling these cars, although if a Lexus dealer, the price tends to be near a joke...(back in 9/16, some were $22,900? lol)
Old 06-29-18, 08:13 AM
OG Member
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Johnhav430 View Post
How about trying that Auto Tempest website, and least you can hit various car websites all at once.
Another vote from me on using www.autotempest.com.

The site is easy to navigate and pulls your search criteria from Ebay, Craigslist, cars.com, carsoup.com, and a variety of other car buying sites.
Old 06-29-18, 12:07 PM
VortecCPI
Rookie

Originally Posted by S1w99 View Post
So I wrecked the best car I ever owned. Now I need to find a low miles 05/06. UL if possible. I'm in Charlotte, NC. Would love to find the orange leather interior....

Thx!
Hendrick often has LS430s but you have to watch because they come and go VERY quickly...

Also... Michael often comes cross very nice examples from his customers at Lextec...

http://lextecservice.com
Old 06-29-18, 11:41 PM
Mbodall
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Looks like a reasonable car. It says it has the ML stereo but I don't see a Nav system. I thought the ML and Nav came together? Maybe it didn't in the '01 model.
ML systems were definitely available on models without NAV. I believe it could be added as a standalone option on base models as well as premium package. Every other trim higher than that (Modern Luxury, Custom Luxury, and Ultra Luxury) all came with ML and NAV.
Old 06-29-18, 11:44 PM
Mbodall
Lead Lap

Sport suspension

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to buy, wrecked my 2002...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: