Ultra Racing rear sway bar.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-18, 07:29 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 531 Posts
Default Ultra Racing rear sway bar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-07-LEXUS...R/182238879378

Just bit the bullet and placed the order. If anyone is interested, they accepted my offer of $250. You might be able to offer a few bucks less and see if they take it. I don't have any crazy suspension modifications planned but figured stiffening things up a bit couldn't hurt. Placed the order yesterday, will update this thread when the bar shows up. I've seen it mentioned several times but never seen any pictures of it.
The following users liked this post:
ARCHIVES (06-12-22)
Old 04-29-18, 08:50 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 190 Likes on 168 Posts

I can post pictures of mine if you want I still have not installed it yet.
Old 04-29-18, 09:05 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
I can post pictures of mine if you want I still have not installed it yet.
Nah, not necessary. Do you remember though how long it took to ship from Malaysia?
Old 04-29-18, 09:24 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Romanova
Nah, not necessary. Do you remember though how long it took to ship from Malaysia?
It took a month not even exaggerating the slightest and its signature upon delivery just to give you a heads up I had to continually call and harass them to ship my stuff out.
The following users liked this post:
Romanova (04-29-18)
Old 04-29-18, 12:38 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

It took more than a month. They shipped mine to someone in Maryland then made us personally take care of the exchange (and pay for the mailing). I did finally get reimbursed thru PayPal (non English message). You need to be patient and also bug them.

05, am LOL here. After all the headaches, I haven't installed mine either. My excuse is that I have a Sport. Also I'm working on getting the ML speakers (all doors) rebuilt. However, really should get it installed.

Ultra Racing on a stock suspension (w/ Michelin Pilot AS) might be a good combo of comfort and handling.
Old 04-29-18, 01:33 PM
Romanova
Racer

When cornering, I hope to firm up the rear just a touch. It should be an easy install as nothing appears to be in the way. I'll probably replace the end links, just not sure if I want to go with OEM or Moog.

This will be the definitive thread as far as the Ultra Racing bar is concerned. Will update it with pictures of the install when it arrives.

I will also inspect the quality of the bar and determine if I am going to order any additional parts from them.
Old 04-29-18, 01:52 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
It took more than a month. They shipped mine to someone in Maryland then made us personally take care of the exchange (and pay for the mailing). I did finally get reimbursed thru PayPal (non English message). You need to be patient and also bug them.

05, am LOL here. After all the headaches, I haven't installed mine either. My excuse is that I have a Sport. Also I'm working on getting the ML speakers (all doors) rebuilt. However, really should get it installed.

Ultra Racing on a stock suspension (w/ Michelin Pilot AS) might be a good combo of comfort and handling.
I am glad I am not the only one I spent $1500 on all there braces and sway bars it got broken into 2 shipments, and as you stated was an absolute nightmare. My excuse is I have bc coilovers with some figs products lol

When cornering, I hope to firm up the rear just a touch. It should be an easy install as nothing appears to be in the way. I'll probably replace the end links, just not sure if I want to go with OEM or Moog.

This will be the definitive thread as far as the Ultra Racing bar is concerned. Will update it with pictures of the install when it arrives.

I will also inspect the quality of the bar and determine if I am going to order any additional parts from them.
Awsome man it is super easy to do also I do not know region wise were you are but if your in any areas that see salt more likely than not you will rip the boots on your end links trying to get them off, and have to order new ones.

On the quality of the products there decent the chassis braces have holes drilled in them by the weld points so the gasses can escape. As I told another member I would get them welded up and painted so water does not collect in there and rust. So if you get them just keep that in mind.
Old 05-07-18, 09:39 AM
Romanova
Racer

You guys had me all doom&gloom with your shipping responses... one month or more. Imagine my surprise when the tracking number said "out for delivery".

Bar was very well packed. I was concerned about how they pack the brackets and bushings, but they were very secure. Would hate to have to wait for replacements.

Overall, the bar looks great. Won't have a chance to install it until Friday at the earliest, at which point I will update this thread. If anyone is considering this sway bar over the OEM sport bar, I highly recommend this seller; https://www.ebay.com/usr/ultra_racing_in_stock
It seems like there are several vendors on eBay selling Ultra Racing products, which might explain the shipping horror stories.

FYI, 8 days from Malaysia to Houston, TX.

Last edited by Romanova; 05-07-18 at 09:55 AM. Reason: more info
Old 05-07-18, 10:20 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you. It does look like a well done product. Look forward to your comments.
Old 05-07-18, 10:29 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Old 05-07-18, 10:53 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

I think I got one of the low grade vendors based on packaging. Fortunately it is a sway bar (not a shock). Look forward to hearing about how the car drives after you install.
Old 05-11-18, 09:13 AM
Romanova
Racer

Bar is installed. Easy job, about 20 minutes total. You'll need a 14mm socket and a 12mm socket, an extension and that's it. Installing it took a few tries to get everything lined up and the bar did get scratched a bit, so I'm not sure how durable the coating is. No one will see it, so no big deal.

Took it for a test drive and it does feel a bit firmer when pitching the car back and forth. Won't go too crazy with it since everything else is stock, but it should help keep the car composed at speed if you had to do a high speed avoidance of debris on the highway. Was it worth $250... probably not. Was it a huge improvement over stock, maybe. Bigger is better though, right?

I will not be buying any other Ultra Racing products, as I don't feel they will be beneficial with the direction my build is going.
Old 05-11-18, 11:43 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Bar is installed. Easy job, about 20 minutes total. You'll need a 14mm socket and a 12mm socket, an extension and that's it. Installing it took a few tries to get everything lined up and the bar did get scratched a bit, so I'm not sure how durable the coating is. No one will see it, so no big deal.

Took it for a test drive and it does feel a bit firmer when pitching the car back and forth. Won't go too crazy with it since everything else is stock, but it should help keep the car composed at speed if you had to do a high speed avoidance of debris on the highway. Was it worth $250... probably not. Was it a huge improvement over stock, maybe. Bigger is better though, right?

I will not be buying any other Ultra Racing products, as I don't feel they will be beneficial with the direction my build is going.
You forgoing chassis braces in general bn or going with a different brand?
Old 05-11-18, 12:22 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
You forgoing chassis braces in general bn or going with a different brand?
I can't see how they will be beneficial to me with the direction that I am going. The stock sway bar is so comically small, that any upgrade is an improvement. With any of the other Ultra Racing products, I don't think I would be able to notice a difference due to the way I drive the car and my plans on keeping the stock shocks and springs. To me, the LS430 is a highway cruiser and this bar will help with its highway manners.

I've scoured yahoo.auctions.co.jp for months and occasionally you see parts from TRD or Tom's.. besides those two, UR is really the only game in town for chassis products... with UR being the only ones still in production.
Old 05-11-18, 12:49 PM
bradland
Forum Moderator

Received 693 Likes on 567 Posts

Did you keep rubber bushings on the new bar or switch to poly ? I know you switched to poly up front...

Quick Reply: Ultra Racing rear sway bar.