LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Best fitting rubber mats for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-17, 12:53 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430

I would say they cleaned up pretty well. Not perfectly as I don't have my hose turned on nor do I have a pressure washer, but I suspect that if I had access to a pressure washer, they'd clean up perfectly.
Should take them down to a self service car wash and use the pressure washer there...
Old 11-22-17, 03:54 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlUni05
Here are a few pictures of my new mats. The turnaround time was about 2 weeks, even though they say it will take about a month. Delivery was supposed to be 1st week in December. The fit is good, quality is good for the price also. My only issue I had was the tabs were not high enough to lock the mat in place by the gear shifter and the door step and it cannot tuck far enough under the rear seat as there are the 2 clips for the seat bottom there. Other than that I am very pleased with the fit and function. I will see how it holds up through the winter and weather changes in spring. But for now I am happy. I will give my thoughts after a couple months of use.
Looks very nice!!

Can you describe the material used? How do you think it will hold up to daily use?
Old 11-22-17, 05:13 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by PearlUni05
Here are a few pictures of my new mats. The turnaround time was about 2 weeks, even though they say it will take about a month. Delivery was supposed to be 1st week in December. The fit is good, quality is good for the price also. My only issue I had was the tabs were not high enough to lock the mat in place by the gear shifter and the door step and it cannot tuck far enough under the rear seat as there are the 2 clips for the seat bottom there. Other than that I am very pleased with the fit and function. I will see how it holds up through the winter and weather changes in spring. But for now I am happy. I will give my thoughts after a couple months of use.
Those look incredible! How much were they and what brand are they?
Old 05-22-18, 05:52 PM
PearlUni05
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys, reviving this from the dead. Completely forgot I had posted this. These mats are pretty durable. I did not get the one that comes with the additional mat on top, but these have held up good during the winter and now spring. I did not take out my OEM floor mats, which was suggested to do. What I did find is that the driver side mat sort of pushes forward when I get in the car and pushes up against the gas pedal. I realized this one day when I floored the pedal and it took a long time to react. I then looked at the carpet and realized it was pushed up against the pedal. I think using some velcro may keep it from moving forward. I think if the backing was a bit firmer it would prevent movement.

I have seen other companies making these claiming that their backing is thicker/firmer. But for what I paid from Ebay/China, I am happy with what I have.