LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Weathertech window visors

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-17, 03:51 PM
Jgregersen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech window visors

Do these things reduce wind noise? I have a slight bit of wind noise at speeds of 60+ i dont wanna buy window visors if it may increase wind noise
Old 10-12-17, 09:16 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Do you know where the wind noise is coming from? Any particular area/window? And have you applied Shin-etsu grease to the seals of the doors and the windows? This may help. I've ordered this same brand for my 4runner, but it's not for noise reduction.
Old 10-13-17, 09:02 AM
bloomwcjkl
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There are some good wind noise threads.

The noise can come from the door seals, the sides of the windshield, the top of the windshield or the front of the sunroof/moonroof. Or a combination.

I put a thin strip of black gorilla tape on the seal on the edges of the windshield. That area is black already and hidden under the overhang. I put a bead of black auto adhesive in the gap along the top of the windshield. Corner to corner.

I put gorilla tape on the inside edge of the sunroof. Extra in the corners. I cleaned all the gaskets. I'm not sure where to buy Shin-etsu grease. Will look into that. Curious of the gaskets are "greasy" after application? Will it rub off on clothing?

I also put gorilla tape (as per another post) on the top of the door seals and inside the door arches.

I essentially covered all the bases and my wind noise has dropped to near zero. I had the gorilla tape and the black auto adhesive, so my cost is just basically time so far.
The following users liked this post:
Jgregersen (10-13-17)
Old 10-13-17, 04:59 PM
Jgregersen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bloomwcjkl
There are some good wind noise threads.

The noise can come from the door seals, the sides of the windshield, the top of the windshield or the front of the sunroof/moonroof. Or a combination.

I put a thin strip of black gorilla tape on the seal on the edges of the windshield. That area is black already and hidden under the overhang. I put a bead of black auto adhesive in the gap along the top of the windshield. Corner to corner.

I put gorilla tape on the inside edge of the sunroof. Extra in the corners. I cleaned all the gaskets. I'm not sure where to buy Shin-etsu grease. Will look into that. Curious of the gaskets are "greasy" after application? Will it rub off on clothing?

I also put gorilla tape (as per another post) on the top of the door seals and inside the door arches.

I essentially covered all the bases and my wind noise has dropped to near zero. I had the gorilla tape and the black auto adhesive, so my cost is just basically time so far.
I wanna completely soundproof mine too, ballin on a budget aint easy though. My wind noise is probably only noticeable by me but i can still hear it and want it to go away. Ill def try this also