LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

My 2005 arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 05:13 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 2005 arrived today

Car was shipped from Florida. 2005 with 50,900 miles. One owner - purchased and serviced at Lexus dealer in Sarasota. Very clean.
I sold my black 2005 about 6 months ago (52k miles) - and missed it. Was happy to find this one
Few photos from dealer site, and a few from me.
Attached Thumbnails My 2005 arrived today-fullsizerender-1.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-aa7af61eb4554a5f91ccf6817f98ccb4.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-e1ad5ce17f034836acea983093148edb.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-3fa23d9afa6a4c6c8af1192052c6c317.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-img_20170306_140918_hdr.jpg  

My 2005 arrived today-img_20170306_140151_hdr_edit-2-.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-img_20170306_141028_hdr_edit_edit1.jpg   My 2005 arrived today-img_20170306_140450_hdr_edit_edit.jpg  

Last edited by SixSeven; 03-13-17 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-03-17, 06:35 PM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Congratulations. Lots of people supper from lexus regret after they sell it... lol
The following users liked this post:
SixSeven (03-20-17)
Old 03-03-17, 07:29 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

thanks! Yes - after a few months, I was looking for one again. Plan on keeping this one for a while.
Old 03-03-17, 08:19 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Went to the Lexus site for history - and it looks like the timing belt was done - am I reading this right? I can call or go to dealer tomorrow to verify - would be great if this was done already.
Repair# 0459353reported by: Wilde Lexus of Sarasota
Service: ENGINEdescription: ENGINE ~ ~WATER PUMP - TIMING BELT WITH ACCY BELT
Service: MAINTENANCEdescription: MAINTENANCE ~ ~ENGINE AIR FILTER AND A/C FILTER
Service: POWER STEERING FLUID CHANGEdescription: POWER STEERING FLUID CHANGE ~ ~POWER STEERING FLUID CHANGE
Old 03-03-17, 08:35 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

If it's listed as being done in the Lexus database I wouldn't worry about it. It's done. There are several Wilde dealerships in the SE Wisconsin area and they have a pretty good reputation around here (WIlde Toyota's BBB rating is A+)...
SixSeven (03-03-17)
Old 03-03-17, 09:21 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

thanks! Very cool - nice bonus, I had no idea it was done - Yes! they were amazing to deal with. I bought car sight unseen - and it was better than they described. Very cool company to deal with.

Originally Posted by Gronemus
If it's listed as being done in the Lexus database I wouldn't worry about it. It's done. There are several Wilde dealerships in the SE Wisconsin area and they have a pretty good reputation around here (WIlde Toyota's BBB rating is A+)...
Old 03-03-17, 11:12 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Nice find. Congratulations on the new car!
SixSeven (03-04-17)
Old 03-04-17, 05:47 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Congrats! Another sweet twin brother of mine color combo-wise!

Maybe get the coolant and brake fluid replaced?

I always wondered, is it official, that at the first or 90k timing belt change, Lexus only does the belt and water pump, and leaves the idler, tensioner pulley, and tensioner? The only dealer who suggested it to me stated the $1400 does just the two parts, the others are done next time....
SixSeven (03-20-17)
Old 03-04-17, 06:31 AM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! - good idea ... and yes,
that is what the Toyota dealer told yesterday - timing belt and water pump.

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Congrats! Another sweet twin brother of mine color combo-wise!

Maybe get the coolant and brake fluid replaced?

I always wondered, is it official, that at the first or 90k timing belt change, Lexus only does the belt and water pump, and leaves the idler, tensioner pulley, and tensioner? The only dealer who suggested it to me stated the $1400 does just the two parts, the others are done next time....
Old 03-04-17, 06:38 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

A little ditty about BBB ratings, almost everyone has a A+ rating. When the BMW dealer broke my sensor wire and denied it, they wouldn't respond to me, BMWNA, and so I went to the BBB. They were NOT accredited, and didn't respond. So the rating went down to C-. Lo and behold, I get a call, "This wasn't handled properly, what can we do to make things right?" I said send me a check for $13. Guy goes that's not a problem, but we can do more, can't we do an oil change or something? (are you joking, I would never trust them to touch my car again) So I say how about.....(a $1,400 job)? He goes, yeah, we can do that. But after thinking about it, I'd rather pay an indie $850, than to have this BMW dealer do it for free, or touch my car, ever again. And when I accepted the check for $13, their rating went back to A+. So I wouldn't put too much into it. In other words, in college, if you get a F on something, it stays with you, you can't simply erase it like that....
SixSeven (03-20-17)
Old 03-04-17, 12:30 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
A little ditty about BBB ratings, almost everyone has a A+ rating. When the BMW dealer broke my sensor wire and denied it, they wouldn't respond to me, BMWNA, and so I went to the BBB. They were NOT accredited, and didn't respond. So the rating went down to C-. Lo and behold, I get a call, "This wasn't handled properly, what can we do to make things right?" I said send me a check for $13. Guy goes that's not a problem, but we can do more, can't we do an oil change or something? (are you joking, I would never trust them to touch my car again) So I say how about.....(a $1,400 job)? He goes, yeah, we can do that. But after thinking about it, I'd rather pay an indie $850, than to have this BMW dealer do it for free, or touch my car, ever again. And when I accepted the check for $13, their rating went back to A+. So I wouldn't put too much into it. In other words, in college, if you get a F on something, it stays with you, you can't simply erase it like that....
Every business is going to have complaints thrown at it at some point. With BBB, very few people ever go there to enter a positive experience with them. What I find more informative is how specific complaints get handled by the party in question...
Old 03-04-17, 12:36 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Every business is going to have complaints thrown at it at some point. With BBB, very few people ever go there to enter a positive experience with them. What I find more informative is how specific complaints get handled by the party in question...
I kinda like Yelp, if an establishment has a lot of reviews....then I feel the star avg is valid, and trust it....but I admit the BBB seems to have the ability to get people to answer. But once their rating gets dinged, I don't think it's ok to restore to A+ after it's resolved so to speak, just like if you got a 1 star at yelp. I first noticed when I was looking for so called unauthorized Omega watches at a discount. There is a place that has a A+ rating, but then they are slammed every which way on google, yelp, etc. I can't imagine sending someone money for a watch like $6k, then getting ripped off, and having little recourse, then again I can't afford to go to the mall and pick it up for retail either lol
Old 03-04-17, 02:27 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

How you guys can get these low mileage cars unless through the Lexus dealership itself baffles me. These cars would bring premium stupid dollars if sold at a Lexus dealership here in Florida. The best of luck to you and enjoy your great find. PS.... I'm not knocking the car, but although subjective, I wouldn't buy any car with the very popular light Lexus interior. Black, Grey, or Saddle were the only colors I could deal with. The dye from my Jeans get on the light leather and it's impossible to remove. Enjoy!

Last edited by Bocatrip; 03-04-17 at 02:31 PM.
SixSeven (03-20-17)
Old 03-05-17, 06:23 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

maybe it's just me but the factory 18's make the car, and I like how there's little overhang past the front axle. Car still looks good in 2017...
SixSeven (03-20-17)
Old 03-13-17, 08:56 AM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Thanks - Yes, I tend to look for one owner low mileage - there seem to be plenty out there in FL. My last 2005 had appx 42k on it - and it was 10 years old.
I prefer the darker interiors as well.

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
How you guys can get these low mileage cars unless through the Lexus dealership itself baffles me. These cars would bring premium stupid dollars if sold at a Lexus dealership here in Florida. The best of luck to you and enjoy your great find. PS.... I'm not knocking the car, but although subjective, I wouldn't buy any car with the very popular light Lexus interior. Black, Grey, or Saddle were the only colors I could deal with. The dye from my Jeans get on the light leather and it's impossible to remove. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My 2005 arrived today