LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Got an UL 2001. In Sweden where I Live. Now I need help from You!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-17, 12:51 PM
FredrikSWE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got an UL 2001. In Sweden where I Live. Now I need help from You!

Yeah. Maybe where you guys at, the lexus LS 430 is a common car.
Here in Sweden now when I bought one, it was actually the first time I got to see one. They are super rare man! And thats funny, beacuse those few who have got to ride it was mind blown... Really.

So what do I need help for?
You see, I have a slammed Camry on BC Coils. https://i.imgur.com/4Ms0ltq.jpg for those who like.
And I am into walking the same path with my new Lexus. At least it needs some kind of drop.

I have searched around for some here and come to this conclusions:

1. Get the Datasystems controller.
First of all I wonder, can you even ride at all on lowest settings like 9 ? Or will it be a very Harsh ride ? (Like when you only rides on shockabsorber itself?)
My car have 150K on it but the air suspension works, Would it be stupid to maybe blow these ?

2. Get TEIN CS.
Yes. Still keep the lexus smooth ride what I have read? Its very tempting at least but then again it doesnt seems to lower that much?
I could overpass the fact that I totally slam the car if I can have the same ride as now.
But how Much does the TEIN CS really lowers?

3. Get other coilovers like BC.
Say for instance I get BC Coilovers.
Could I order with lower spring rates such as 6/4 kg front back as the TEIN CS? And then have a Comfy ride?

What do you think? Because I live in sweden I really have to know because I cannot test around things I need to ship for USA.
Old 03-02-17, 07:08 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

First off, welcome aboard! The only thing I can suggest would be not to use the stock struts, as with the age and mileage they'd have on them, they won't last very long at all. Especially at the height you want to ride. You're better off putting coil overs on the car. If the stock suspension is in decent shape, you may be able to sell those struts to someone who is looking to replace their stock struts, as they are quite expensive to buy.
Old 03-03-17, 04:47 AM
FredrikSWE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man!

Okey yeah. I take off the airsuspension.. Maybe I can sell it and maybe if I sell the car later on I can just mount it again...

So coilover it is. I leen towards BC Coils... If the TEIN CS just achive a "lowerings springs" look I wont be satisfied.
And now I have a really good deal on Weds Kranze wheels to! 1200$ for whole kit.
Old 03-03-17, 07:23 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

There are a good number of threads here on the forum discussing VIP style, lowering the LS and playing with the suspension heights. You'd probably get most of your questions answered by searching what's been previously discussed. Perhaps someone can chime in here with coil over experience..
Old 03-03-17, 06:59 PM
semar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default coilovers

hi FredricSweden
being in Europe it might be easier to get Bilstein coilovers for the LS430
I took the airsuspension out and installed Bilsteins. It lowered the car; I had it just low enough to get a garden hose into the fender wells to keep all the crud and debris out. The ride improved much over the airsuspension. It got rid of the mushiness of the air, yet rides very smooth.
Keep also in mind that it is
easy to adjust the height in case you need the clearance for wintertires. In this picture the car was lowered 1.5 inches from original