LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Tilt and telescope working again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 11:06 PM
malrafe3i
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same issue the steering wheel tilt motor is no more working as before on automatic it have to be done manual and once u turn of the car u should again reset the tilt motion
i think its the motor issues and it only tilt comes out and in but not tilt up and down
Old 10-11-15, 11:08 PM
malrafe3i
Driver

Sorry to post on as two year old thread as my first contribution. I found the threads as I have the same issue, won't tilt up or down, stripped out the housing and then found a small bushing under an allen Key stopper, mine has worn pretty well away.

Come online expecting to see this is the common problem and confronted with more about motor and steering column replacement

Anyway the bush was available from the local Lexus dealer (by special order from Belgium) and has part number 47583-60010 Steering Stopper Number 1 it can be seen on this diagram, Part was £2.00 plus VAT so would be the first thing I decided to try. Part will be delivered next week will update if it sorts it.

If this is common knowledge and I have just not found it on my searches of the forum my apologies
Attached Thumbnails
Sorry to post on as two year old thread as my first contribution. I found the threads as I have the same issue, won't tilt up or down, stripped out the housing and then found a small bushing under an allen Key stopper, mine has worn pretty well away.

Come online expecting to see this is the common problem and confronted with more about motor and steering column replacement

Anyway the bush was available from the local Lexus dealer (by special order from Belgium) and has part number 47583-60010 Steering Stopper Number 1 it can be seen on this diagram, Part was £2.00 plus VAT so would be the first thing I decided to try. Part will be delivered next week will update if it sorts it.

If this is common knowledge and I have just not found it on my searches of the forum my apologies
Attached Thumbnails

THIS IS THE LINK

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/for...k-on-my-ls430/

I HAVE GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE HOPE IT HELPS I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TILL NOW BUT WILL TRY IT AS I LIKE TO WORK ON MY LEXUS BY MY SELF AS THE DEALER IS TOO EXPENSIVE

Last edited by malrafe3i; 10-11-15 at 11:10 PM. Reason: EDITING PIC
Old 10-11-15, 11:12 PM
malrafe3i
Driver

THE PIC IS ON LINK I TRIED TO SHARE BUT IT DIDNT ACCEPT

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/for...k-on-my-ls430/