Why did YOU get your LS430 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-10, 04:57 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Why did YOU get your LS430 ?

How this question came up..

Most of my friends keep asking me why i sold my VW Golf. Every one keeps telling me that I should get a "beater" daily driver and keep the miles off my LS.

Why I have my LS as a daily driver..

Over the last 6 years I owned about 20 cars. Every car that I purchaced got old quick. and after just a couple of months "for sale" sign was on it. About 3 years ago, I drove an LS430 for the first time ever, and I said "you will be mine!" Fast forward to 2010, and test drives of dozens of cars, I have never driven or enjoyed a car more than a LS430. Easy to park, turns on a dime, plenty of power, rides better than a cadillac, beautiful inside, super comfy, and gets ok gas milege.

I always tell my friends, "I got this car so I can put mules on it, even if its 500 per day. This is what I got it for, a daily driver! I did not get it to have it parked in my garage!"
Old 08-15-10, 05:52 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RomanTPA
... I always tell my friends, "I got this car so I can put mules on it, even if its 500 per day..."
Interesting use. Do you use a roof rack? Yakima or Thule? My wife wants to see pics.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Back on topic, I bought mine because it was the best luxury sedan with handicap access. I started out considering an AWD LS460, but found that the LS430 was superior per our needs. I also considered a number of domestics.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ap-access.html
Old 08-15-10, 07:38 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

In my opinion the LS430 is probably the best mass produced car that has ever been built in terms of overall reliability, comfort, safety and performance.

I thought that about the older versions of the Acura Legend/RL so I drove a couple of those for 21 years.

Than the LS 430 came along and I decided it was way better than anything Acura had/has to offer, so I will probably drive my LS for the next 10 years or so.

Car after that will likely be an electric golf cart in Hana.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 08-15-10 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-15-10, 08:19 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Interesting use. Do you use a roof rack? Yakima or Thule? My wife wants to see pics.
can you get a yakima? i would totally rock that if i slam the LS!

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
In my opinion the LS430 is probably the best mass produced car that has ever been built in terms of overall reliability, comfort, safety and performance.

I thought that about the older versions of the Acura Legend/RL so I drove one of those for 21 years.

Than the LS 430 came along and I decided it was way better than anything Acura had/has to offer, so I will probably drive my LS for the next 10 years or so.

Car after that will likely be an electric golf cart in Hana.
wow, 10 years ago as my first car i had a 1994 (or 95?) Acura legend. I loved that car! But due to a faulty (new) timing belt, car was no more after only having it for 2 years

and i 100% agree with everythig you said about the LS

Acura is not really luxury anymore, its just a reliable front wheel drive honda whit a different badge
Old 08-15-10, 09:49 AM
McSwine
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because an 85 yr/old lady t-boned my 2000 LS400.
Old 08-15-10, 10:02 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

After owning numerous sports cars and sport sedans, I need a car that can pamper me rather than rattling my teeth and bouncing me all over the place. The LS430 has by far the most comfortable seats I have ever had in any car ownership. The bonus is that it is super reliable. I hate having to constantly do repairs. It also seems to be somewhat timeless in its design.
Old 08-15-10, 12:59 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this as a daily driver because this is the most comfortable car I ever driven. The silence of its operation keeps me relaxed and its smoothness limits the chances of me getting tired while driving. Just drove back from the jersey shore for 2 hours and I dont feel tired at all. Supposed to be pretty reliable too...
Old 08-15-10, 02:26 PM
milesdf
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most comfortable and dependable vehicle on the road. Love everything about it (except Premium gas) and feel like I am rewarding myself when I drive. Phew!
Old 08-15-10, 02:42 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totaled my sts and stumbled across this ls430, took it for a test drive and I was sold.
Old 08-15-10, 05:43 PM
chris81964
Driver

I wanted a luxury car to replace my totaled ML320. I wanted a car that had a reputation for reliability. I wanted a car that I would look good in. I also wanted a car that projected presence without being in your face. It gets very good mileage, rides well and comes with lots of creature comforts that pamper me as I cover lots of miles every week.
Old 08-16-10, 07:35 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We've come to have three vehicles in our family, awd SUV, family sedan, and my "sport" vehicle with a manual transmission. Our sedan for the two years prior to the LS430 was our used '99 Accord EX V6. It should have lasted us many years of good use, but we bought it from a "friend" (no longer a friend) with this ding on the side of the car (passenger side) that over time drove me nuts. I can't stand dings on my car because my eyes just gravitate towards it. I looked to have it repaired, but then little problems here and there (remote, EGR valve, transmission died at 103K) all contributed to me not getting it repaired.

Then during the summer of 2008, we thought, why not replace the dirty beast. We started to look into new ES350 and GS350AWD models. We flipped between the two and the finally decided on the GS350AWD. The strangest things was that while we were at a Lexus dealership negotiating for the GS350, we saw a LS430 ML edition on the CPO floor for $30K and thought "wait a second, an LS is only selling for $30K CPO?" We then called off our negotiations and started to look into the LS430. Lo-n-behold, online the prices were even better.

Long long story short... we ended up with our LS430 CL as replacement for our Accord that fall. Have loved it every since. Took our first trip to Disney in it two months later... holy cow, what a wonderful ride. Never sat for 18 hours in such quiet and comfort.
Old 08-16-10, 07:46 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Never sat for 18 hours in such quiet and comfort.
its 30min for me to disney

On side note:

wow, this is actually a really good thread, I really enjoy reading this.
I am very surprised on the different reasons why all of us have this amazing car now. I always thought that it would be same reason for everyone to get an LS, but you guys proved me wrong. Would def love to hear more stories
Old 08-16-10, 08:11 AM
CG lover
Pole Position

owned Beemers and Benz and figured I would give the 430 a trial,, have enjoyed it since purchased in 2005 and never an urge to go looking for a new car, sof ar,,

must admint that I have read the specs on a 460L,, we drove a 460 when they first came out and could not feel or experience little difference from our 430,,

Derry
Old 08-16-10, 08:52 AM
Dailow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was drawn to the LS by its reputation for reliability, especially after dealing with a series of failures in my old Acura.

These all failed in my Acura within a month of each other:
  • Rear-view mirror auto-dimming
  • Power side mirror adjustment (passenger side)
  • Passenger power seat adjustment
  • Check engine sensor

To be fair, it was only the engine sensor wire that was cut (how the heck does that even happen?!). According to my mechanic, it's takes a while to find and fix that sort of issue, which means a lot of labour charges at the shop

Although I guess as a sidenote, I rarely see LS430's in Vancouver so I'm a tad unique on the road.
Old 08-16-10, 10:17 AM
Yellowvx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too was attracted to the reputation for reliability as well as the features of the car. I just purchased mine this week ('05 UL) but after driving many other options, this certainly seemed the best car for the money (used for me). The ride quality was better than other cars I tested and my wife agreed (after weeks of saying "I don't care, whatever you want...")

I just put in an 11 hour drive and I felt great. I discovered the online community before purchasing the car which helps me out becuase feel confident doing almost any work on the car in the future, but getting to know a new vehicle takes time.

In the end, it comes down to comfort and features.

Greg

Quick Reply: Why did YOU get your LS430 ?