LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone have any "next LS" info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-10, 04:52 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice comparo... here's my opinion. i don't much care for either of them in their stock forms (430 or 460)... so for me its not just waiting for the 460L to hit the mid to high 30's but for me to also be able to rim it up, add some stereo stuff, change out lights + tint, and drop it on some suspension. so for me once this price point hits this level i will be upgrading most likely. i'm still not crazy about the 460 the way i was about the original 430 when i first saw them. i thought this phase would quickly pass but now it seems that a lot of car manufactures are starting to use this mold,, the new jags (xfr), the new infiniti's (m) (sort of), the new bmw's and audi (7 series plus a8) look like a similar mold to me as well... all in the big body forms that is. the only ones that look a little different to me right now are the mercedes's which i used to not care for so much but since they do look a little different are actually starting to capture my attention.

i hate to say this but i've had a couple beers so here it is. i've actually thought long and hard about getting a used s550 sport as my next luxo boat, instead of the 460.... there i said it, its out...
Old 07-10-10, 06:33 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

elite7, before I start my discussion, let me make it clear that I am not here to argue with you, and I haven't have this kind of "discussion" on the internet with anyone for a long time now. But since you know quite a bit about these cars in details, I got a few things I like to point out. Again, these kind of things, there are no right or wrong, good or bad, just personal preferences. Is like for the same price, some peope prefer to buy a brand new Corolla, or a replica Jaguar XK120, there are pros and cons to both cars, either car is not better then the other

Originally Posted by elite7
and the cabin is insulated much better from the outside noises. At a 70-80mph pace on the highway the LS460 has much less wind noise. The LS430 is quite a bit noisier going down the highway at a 70-80mph pace.
The 1st thing you don't realized the LS430 UL (Ultra Luxury) has, is double pane side windows, which dramatically reduces wind noise and overall insulated feels of the cabin. The UL is A LOT quieter compare to the ML (modern luxury). In my opinion, the UL is the same, or even quieter then the LS460, which have the infamous wind noise issue.

Both of our LS430's will drive, handle, and sound the same. Other than the soft close doors, height control switch right above the shifter, and air suspension these are the main differences which will make no difference to the driver:
Again, the cabin of the UL is a lot quieter and feel quite a bit more insulated then a ML.

-Non-Air Suspension - Even both not having air suspension the LS460 is still much smoother and has less body roll. I have the air suspension in my LX470. I prefer non-air. Non-air is a lot less problematic. The air just has the height control which i never use anyhow. I made sure my LS460 didn't have the air suspension.
I prefer non-air also, which is why I ripped out the air suspension from my UL and installed the regular sport suspension with steel springs.

Honestly i was the same way as you. I was lukewarm checking out the LS460 before i bought it. I am not trying to argue with you.
I am not here to argue with you also, I have checked out both fully loaded LS460L and LS600hL in fine details and like to share my thoughts with someone that knows a lot about both cars in details like you.

The LS460 is amazing in all aspects. The 8-speed transmission is incredibly smooth.
I don't feel the 8-speed is any smoother then the 6-speed. More gear ratio is better for gas mileage and acceleration, but I don't feel it being any smoother.

At the same time i have 380 horsepower and 367 pound-feet of torque which you can really feel. These are not just paper numbers. The power is incredible. You can get in trouble really quick.
Actually since the LS430's 290 hp was rated using the old rating method, in reality, the LS460 have 100 extra HP because using the old rating method, the LS460 would be rated at 390 hp. But most people fail to realize, is the LS460 is 400~600 lbs heavier (depends on option packages, L or not L), using a general rule of thumb, 10 lbs = 1 hp, so the actual power to weight ratio, the LS460 is only 50 hp superior to the LS430. I do feel the 460 is a little quicker, but not a whole lot. Since speed is not a priority for a full size luxury car, it really doesn't make much of a difference, since I feel the power of the LS430 is already more then adequate.

The suspension is much smoother than on the LS430. They engineered it to be smoother and at the same time have a lot less body roll. Its much tighter too. You just barely move the steering wheel and you are already in the other lane.
Yes the suspension tuning on the LS460 is much more superior then the LS430. During the era of the LS430, Lexus was trying to offer 2 kind of suspensions, which they kinda missed on both settings. The normal suspension that you have on your LS430, is way too soft with too much body roll, too floaty. The sport suspension is much tighter, but they make the A-arm bushings too hard, so the ride is a bit harsh. They went back to the 1 suspension approach on the LS460, which is firm yet still very smooth. Yes, suspension wise, the LS460 wins. I did the best of both world, since I didn't like the unreliable air suspension on my UL, I installed lowering springs with the stock sport suspension struts and bigger rear sway bar, my suspension is even tighter with less body roll then a stock LS460, yet still ride perfectly smooth

Also i love the looks of the LS460 a lot more than my LS430. Parking them next to each other the LS460 looks much better both in terms of exterior and interior .
Looks is totally subjective. The biggest reason why I love my LS430 much more then the LS460 is the overall layout of the car. I hate the high belt line, low roof line of the LS460, or all modern cars in general, from the IS to the ES to the GS to the S-class.....etc. The high belt line/low roof line of the LS460 makes me feels like sitting in a cave with a small narrow window, the view to the outside is much less satisfying compare to the LS430's huge tall windows. And the dash board of the LS460 seems so high, again, make me feels like being in a confined cave. Where the LS430 feels much more open.

In terms of plastic on the doors i am referring to this compared to(BTW not my cars but the exterior colors are the same on each):
That's what you meant, I thought you mean the plastic on the inside door panel.
Old 07-10-10, 07:21 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Not in my opinion. I own both and there are tons of distinct differences.
Yes tons of distinct differences, but my point is, better or worse, is just depends on personal preferences

First, I sold my 1996 LS400 to my daughter so i have experienced each LS from the LS400, the LS430, all the way to the LS460. Just disclosing i am quite experienced in terms of the various LS models .

Everything's better about the LS460.
Even the older LS400, there are things/features on it that I like more then on the LS430 and LS460. Nothing is perfect in this world, there are always pros and cons to everything, every cars.

First off the Mark Levinson in the LS460 obliterates the Mark Levinson in my LS430. Its much more powerful, more 3d/surround, has more speakers, etc. You can set it to stereo as well. Even the simple navigation screen is greatly improved. Its sharper and it doesnt have that "I agree" button that you have to press everytime you start the car. The warning pops up but goes away after maybe 3 seconds without touching "I agree". When backing up the backup camera i quite a bit sharper.
Yes I agreed 100% the Mark Levinson and navigation screen is much nicer on the LS460. This is one of the few things I agreed the 460 is much more superior, which newer electronic is always nicer.

The car handles much better, with much less body roll/lean. Its pretty amazing. When i press on the LS430's hood the car bounces. I cant get the LS460's suspension to bounce when pressing down on the hood. The suspension is much tighter.
This is true compare to the normal suspension on the LS430, but the sport suspension on the LS430 is actually tighter then the LS460.

However at the same time the car is much smoother and quieter. Its better insulated from outside noise.
I don't feel is any smoother. Is not any quieter or better insulated from outside noise then the LS430 UL with the double pane side windows.

The power is unbelievable too. Its a lot faster than the LS430 is.
Yes a little quicker, but not a whole lot.

The brakes are amazing as well. It stops extremely fast from any speed.
The 460 got bigger brakes, but it is also 400~600 lbs heavier, so the brakes doesn't feels any stronger then the 430.

Even the doors are much higher quality. Mine are soft close which i love. The doors are much heavier and swing open more widely. They don't make an annoying noise when closing. They give off a deep tone when closing not a rattling like the LS430's. I feel much safer in the LS460 as well.
I don't feel the quality, construction and the closing sounds of the doors being any better. And these are things I pay very close attention to.

The soft close doors are awesome. I prefer that over heated steering wheel or soft close trunk.
I love my soft close doors also, one of my favorite feature on a luxury car.

I dont think you are going to find someone who own both the LS460 and LS430 who will tell you the LS430 is better. Its well worth the upgrade.

Look if it wasnt i would get rid of the 2008 LS460 and keep my 2005 LS430 if i was unhappy. However there is no point in me having the LS430 anymore when the LS460 is a much better vehicle in every way possible.
At the end, is just personal preference on which one is better.

The biggest complain of us LS430 lover is, the shape of the LS460 is too similar to the ES350. Sure if you put them side by side, their fine details are completely different. But if you look at them in a quick glance on the street, you really need to pay close attention to tell them apart. Where the LS430 looks completely different then the ES330, doesn't matter how quick the glance is, you know if it is a LS or ES.
Old 07-10-10, 07:25 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sojah
i hate to say this but i've had a couple beers so here it is. i've actually thought long and hard about getting a used s550 sport as my next luxo boat, instead of the 460.... there i said it, its out...
I don't blame you, I love the way the AMG S550 looks too!

My latest crush is the Bentley Arnage, since the 99'~02' cars are dropping down to the $30k~$60k now. But the thoughts of buying replacement parts for a $300k British car is too scary

Now that's a full on luxury car! That makes all Lexus looks cheap. I even went to test drove one, and guess what.....even on a $300k car, I found pros and cons about it compare to a Lexus. That's my point, nothing is perfect, even when price is no object! It sure does feel very special driving it though!

Last edited by BNR34; 07-10-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 08:22 PM
elite7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
elite7, before I start my discussion, let me make it clear that I am not here to argue with you, and I haven't have this kind of "discussion" on the internet with anyone for a long time now. But since you know quite a bit about these cars in details, I got a few things I like to point out. Again, these kind of things, there are no right or wrong, good or bad, just personal preferences. Is like for the same price, some peope prefer to buy a brand new Corolla, or a replica Jaguar XK120, there are pros and cons to both cars, either car is not better then the other

The 1st thing you don't realized the LS430 UL (Ultra Luxury) has, is double pane side windows, which dramatically reduces wind noise and overall insulated feels of the cabin. The UL is A LOT quieter compare to the ML (modern luxury). In my opinion, the UL is the same, or even quieter then the LS460, which have the infamous wind noise issue.

Again, the cabin of the UL is a lot quieter and feel quite a bit more insulated then a ML.

I prefer non-air also, which is why I ripped out the air suspension from my UL and installed the regular sport suspension with steel springs.

I am not here to argue with you also, I have checked out both fully loaded LS460L and LS600hL in fine details and like to share my thoughts with someone that knows a lot about both cars in details like you.

I don't feel the 8-speed is any smoother then the 6-speed. More gear ratio is better for gas mileage and acceleration, but I don't feel it being any smoother.

Actually since the LS430's 290 hp was rated using the old rating method, in reality, the LS460 have 100 extra HP because using the old rating method, the LS460 would be rated at 390 hp. But most people fail to realize, is the LS460 is 400~600 lbs heavier (depends on option packages, L or not L), using a general rule of thumb, 10 lbs = 1 hp, so the actual power to weight ratio, the LS460 is only 50 hp superior to the LS430. I do feel the 460 is a little quicker, but not a whole lot. Since speed is not a priority for a full size luxury car, it really doesn't make much of a difference, since I feel the power of the LS430 is already more then adequate.

Yes the suspension tuning on the LS460 is much more superior then the LS430. During the era of the LS430, Lexus was trying to offer 2 kind of suspensions, which they kinda missed on both settings. The normal suspension that you have on your LS430, is way too soft with too much body roll, too floaty. The sport suspension is much tighter, but they make the A-arm bushings too hard, so the ride is a bit harsh. They went back to the 1 suspension approach on the LS460, which is firm yet still very smooth. Yes, suspension wise, the LS460 wins. I did the best of both world, since I didn't like the unreliable air suspension on my UL, I installed lowering springs with the stock sport suspension struts and bigger rear sway bar, my suspension is even tighter with less body roll then a stock LS460, yet still ride perfectly smooth

Looks is totally subjective. The biggest reason why I love my LS430 much more then the LS460 is the overall layout of the car. I hate the high belt line, low roof line of the LS460, or all modern cars in general, from the IS to the ES to the GS to the S-class.....etc. The high belt line/low roof line of the LS460 makes me feels like sitting in a cave with a small narrow window, the view to the outside is much less satisfying compare to the LS430's huge tall windows. And the dash board of the LS460 seems so high, again, make me feels like being in a confined cave. Where the LS430 feels much more open.

That's what you meant, I thought you mean the plastic on the inside door panel.
First off double pane windows in cars is at least 20 years old. Mercedes had this in their cars in the 1990's. It is mainly done for temperature rather than noise.

My LS460 has double pane windows in the front and the rear are not double pane. However the rear windows are slightly thicker than the double pane in the front. I noticed the car interior is much cooler when parked in the sun despite the seats being black. This is due to thicker windows.

However this is not the only factor. The doors are sealed much more effectively. Also i own the 2008 which does not have the famous wind noise problems that the 2007's have. The LS460 is much quieter than the LS430. Most of the noise on the LS430 comes from the windshield area and door edges not the windows. Even with double pane windows the LS460 would still be much quieter.

In terms of the suspension mine has the sport suspension hence the 18" rims coming on the car from the dealer. This comes with the sport suspension package which my car came with. Despite this my LS460 handles much better even though the tire width is only 235 compared to my LS430s tire width of 245.

The LS460 is much quicker and the power comes on instantly. On the ls430 the power tends to lag when you press on the gas pedal. On the highway you notice the difference even more. In terms of the Transmission again it's much quieter and there is less jerk compared to the 6 speed on the ls430.

Last edited by elite7; 07-10-10 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 08:31 PM
elite7
Driver

Originally Posted by BNR34
Yes tons of distinct differences, but my point is, better or worse, is just depends on personal preferences

Even the older LS400, there are things/features on it that I like more then on the LS430 and LS460. Nothing is perfect in this world, there are always pros and cons to everything, every cars.

Yes I agreed 100% the Mark Levinson and navigation screen is much nicer on the LS460. This is one of the few things I agreed the 460 is much more superior, which newer electronic is always nicer.

This is true compare to the normal suspension on the LS430, but the sport suspension on the LS430 is actually tighter then the LS460.

I don't feel is any smoother. Is not any quieter or better insulated from outside noise then the LS430 UL with the double pane side windows.

Yes a little quicker, but not a whole lot.

The 460 got bigger brakes, but it is also 400~600 lbs heavier, so the brakes doesn't feels any stronger then the 430.

I don't feel the quality, construction and the closing sounds of the doors being any better. And these are things I pay very close attention to.

I love my soft close doors also, one of my favorite feature on a luxury car.

At the end, is just personal preference on which one is better.

The biggest complain of us LS430 lover is, the shape of the LS460 is too similar to the ES350. Sure if you put them side by side, their fine details are completely different. But if you look at them in a quick glance on the street, you really need to pay close attention to tell them apart. Where the LS430 looks completely different then the ES330, doesn't matter how quick the glance is, you know if it is a LS or ES.
As i mentioned my LS430 has the sport suspension. Again the LS460's suspension destroys the LS430's in terms of handling and body roll. Keep in mind my LS430 has wider tires....

Brakes are much much more powerful on the LS460. At first when i drove the LS460 back home i was braking at stop signs 30 feet too quick. That's how much more powerful the brakes are.

Again the doors do close differently. Engineers specifically designed the doors to close with a different tone. Thats fine if you dont want to believe it.

" the design team went to great lengths just to get the door tone just right. No, not the chime when it's opened but the sound the door makes when it closes. Apparently, design teams went to home improvement stores, luxury homes, and anywhere they could find a beautiful door with an accompanying safe, secure, lovely door-closing sound. They tried to mimic that tone in the doors of the LS460. "

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Again i can tell a big difference between the LS460 and ES350 from afar.

You wont be able to notice these difference just by test driving the car or sitting in it. You would have to own it and drive it for a good week and then you would notice the differences as i do. Test driving the car is not gonna give you the same feedback as owning the car would. Owning it you experience more roads (city and highways), more speeds, more temperatures, different weather conditions, and daylight vs nighttime driving which you will never get from a test drive.

You are just convincing yourself to not buy the LS430. My recommendation to you is to not buy the LS460.

As a final note ask any Lexus owner who owns both the LS460 and LS430 which is better. They are all going to tell you the LS460 is better by far:

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
I still own both a 2002 LS430UL and a 2008 LS600hL. My next door neighbor has a 2007 LS460. The cars (430 - 460 or 600)are night and day difference. As wonderful as the LS430UL was, the newer generation is clearly better.
Regards.

Last edited by elite7; 07-10-10 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 09:05 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

In terms of the suspension mine has the sport suspension hence the 18" rims coming on the car from the dealer. This comes with the sport suspension package which my car came with.
18" stock wheels don't necessarily means the car has the sport suspension, sure in early 04' when most of the regular cars comes with 17s and only the sport come with 18s. But in 05' and 06', almost all cars....regardless of suspension type, come with the 18s. From the way you discribed your 430, it doesn't sounds like it has the sport suspension. Does it have a sport badge on the front fenders?

I just saw even this barebone base model 06' has the 18s:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 07-10-10, 09:15 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

You are just convincing yourself to not buy the LS430. My recommendation to you is to not buy the LS460.
I don't care about convincing myself or anyone, I prefer the 430 much more then the 460. Now I am not saying the 460 is bad, I just like the 430 much more. Now if for any reason I lose my 430 and need a replacement car, it is very likely to be a LS460. But if I have a choice, I prefer the 430.

As a final note ask any Lexus owner who owns both the LS460 and LS430 which is better. They are all going to tell you the LS460 is better by far:
My theory in life is, whatever suit someone the best, that is the best for that person. There really isn't right or wrong, good or bad, it is the best as long as it suit that person's preference the most
Old 07-11-10, 05:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

nice arguments from both sides. i wish i had a neighbor with a 460 that could trade me for a week or a couple days so i could compare them myself.... i also hate doing a quick test drive at like 50mph for 15 mins and then having to decide which is better.

hey elite7, i'm sure i could do some research myself but i'm pretty lazy so i would like to ask you. which package is the most equipped on the 460 while still maintaining the 5 seats and without air suspension, and is this available in L and non L or only 1? after the air susp went out on my UL as well i will not be getting this again. what package 460 do you have, and do you possibly have a link to the various packages offered? i thought the 430 had a lot of packages at first but last time i looked at the 460 packages it was even more confusing. thanks,
Old 07-11-10, 11:15 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

nice arguments from both sides. i wish i had a neighbor with a 460 that could trade me for a week or a couple days so i could compare them myself.... i also hate doing a quick test drive at like 50mph for 15 mins and then having to decide which is better.
I think overall, the LS460 is slightly improved from the LS430 in all aspect, I mean, it has to, it better be.......that's what the next generation means right? But personally, I just hate the styling of all new cars with the high belt line/low roof line, really takes away the wide open/spacious feeling, and that is very important in a luxury car, the view to the outside.

Also, since I am so content with the LS430, I rather spend the extra money on an extra sports car, then to spend it on a newer generation slightly improved version of what I already have. I like variety, having just a single car, regardless of how good it is, is boring.

I got the perfect convertible already (SC430), I can still use an exciting sports car, a Nissan GTR
Old 07-11-10, 11:40 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Sport model LS look similar to an over-sized Camry SE. I'm Not putting Lexus down at all, because it's not a bad thing. The camry is a good looking car.

Can anyone else see that?

Old 07-11-10, 12:25 PM
elite7
Driver

hey elite7, i'm sure i could do some research myself but i'm pretty lazy so i would like to ask you. which package is the most equipped on the 460 while still maintaining the 5 seats and without air suspension, and is this available in L and non L or only 1? after the air susp went out on my UL as well i will not be getting this again. what package 460 do you have, and do you possibly have a link to the various packages offered? i thought the 430 had a lot of packages at first but last time i looked at the 460 packages it was even more confusing. thanks,
Hi Sojah,

I agree with you. A test drive will not tell you enough about the car because you have it for a short time driving at a limited speed. It will give you a little taste but it's not an accurate represenation.

Its not a problem for me to check the options and packages as i did all this research before i bought my LS460.

First i would definitely recommend a 2008 or later LS460. I would never buy a vehicle within the first year of coming out (2007). Usually by the next year any "glitches" are worked out . As for the styling 2007-2009 LS460's look the same. The 2010 LS460 has a slightly changed taillight. I actually like the look of the 2007-2009 taillight better than the 2010 tail light. Its more sleek whereas the 2010 tail light has more yellow to it.

For 2008 LS460's these are the options and packages:

2008 LS460 Packages

Comfort Package - $1,290
Navigation System & Advanced Parking Guidance Package - $3,815
Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package - $5,645
Navigation System/Mark Levinson/Advanced Parking Guidance Package - $6,345
Navigation System w/Backup Camera - $3,115
Comfort Plus Package - $3,620
Preferred Accessory Package (PIO) - $240

2008 LS460 Options

Cargo Net (PIO) - $64
Standard Paint Type - $0
Standard Paint Type - $0
Standard Paint Type - $0
Standard Paint Type - $0
Trunk Mat (PIO) - $95
Lexus Link - $900
Intuitive Parking Assist - $500
Premium Floor Mats (PIO) - $265
One-Touch Open/Close Power Trunk & Power Door Closers - $395
Lexus Pre-Collision System & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control - $2,850
Teleios Alloy Wheel Upgrade (PIO) - $2,375
All Weather Mats (PIO) - $109
Wheel Locks (PIO) - $81

Source: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...ons/index.html

Mine has:

CP Comfort Package - $1,290
Heated steering wheel; Rear electric blind; Heated driver ventilated seat climate controlled; Front facing heated rear seats; High pressure headlight cleaners

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package - $5,645

PA Intuitive Parking Assist - $500
Parking assistance front, rear and guidance display

PP One-Touch Open/Close Power Trunk & Power Door Closers - $395
Electric trunk/hatch pull down; Automatic door closing

Preferred Accessory Package (PIO) - $240Includes:
[GN] Cargo Net (PIO) And [LM] Trunk Mat (PIO) And [WL] Wheel Locks (PIO)

This totals to $8000 in options .

You can check my source here:

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2...s_options.html

By the way you can get the L version without an air suspension. It might be hard to find but if you really want the L version without air suspension, it can be had.

According to the Lexus Site got the 2008 LS460 and its equipped with:

-Navigation
-Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System, Hard Disk Drive (HDD) stores up to 2,000 songs, 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback.
-Soft Close doors
-Power Trunk Closer
-Backup Camera with Full Color Display
-Intuitive Park Assist (sensors to help you park not the feature where car parks itself)
-Headlamp Washers
-Climate-comfort seats with heat/cool **** (Front)
-Heated Seats (Rear)
-Rear power sunshade
-Shark Fin Antenna
-Rear-seat side curtain (SRS)
-Cargo Net

Only options my car is missing would be:

-Cooled seats in the Rear
-Advanced Parking Guidance System for the parallel parking
-Lexus Link (Dedicated cellular phone, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) technology and 24-hour live support provide assistance at the touch of a button. Services include Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Emergency Services Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Driving Directions and Personal Calling. )
-Pre-Collision Radar
-Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

You can check that out here:

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_libra...#disclaimer_22

Comfort Plus Package is a big waste of money. All you get over Comfort Package is cooled rear seats, rear power seats with power headrests as well as Memory settings,and rear side airbags. Mine has the rear side airbags so i am not missing that option. All i am missing is the memory rear seats, power rear seats, power rear headrests and cooled rear seats. Big deal . I think it may come with a coolbox for the trunk which would just take up more trunk space anyhow.

The price difference is $1,290 for the Comfort Package vs $3,620 for the Comfort Plus Package. This is a difference of $2330.

By the way I wasn't a big fan of Bridgestone Tires before i got the LS460. However I am loving these tires. They are extremely Quiet and Smooth. I wonder how long they will last though? Also it will be interesting to see how they perform in rainy conditions.

Soon I plan on putting Ventureshield which is a clear bra and the 4 door edge guards on my LS460 maybe sometime this week. I already ordered it and have it but its just sitting boxed up. Just need the time to put it on. My LS460 has 12,800 miles on it and i'm trying to keep it as clean as possible .

As for my WeatherTech mats from my LS430 i will need to find a way to make them black instead of beige. But i have a set for the front and rear that i will reuse from my LS430.

Last edited by elite7; 07-11-10 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-11-10, 02:39 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
The Sport model LS look similar to an over-sized Camry SE. I'm Not putting Lexus down at all, because it's not a bad thing. The camry is a good looking car.

Can anyone else see that?
I can see that. It is the same lame approach for an extra aggressive body kit, instead of reshaping the existing body pieces, Toyota add on some tack on body pieces, it is the same as on the Corolla S and Camry SE. I am sure is the cheaper way to do it, but lamer result.
Old 08-05-11, 07:09 AM
airahcaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

too bad LS430 doesn't come in awd? that's why I'm holding out for when I can afford a used 460 awd
Old 08-05-11, 07:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

just get a 600hL that's whats been on my mind as a suitable upgrade from an 05LS430UL