LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 Lexus Ls 430 navigation system screen off

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 09:14 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sh0rtie10
Maybe someone can weigh in on that one, it sounds like it could help.., Yea when I bought mine I really didn't know of the issues with the Nav. I should be getting my Nav back this week so I will update with my results from this guy online autobeyours.com
I will see about doing the same with turning it off, There is no need for daily driving to have it up when you don't need Nav. Either way you will love the car, so far the driving experience has been the best. Good luck
My indy gave me a thumbs up referral to a local auto electronics place (Radio Medics, Rancho Cordova CA). They pulled the display. Did hot/cold/physical tests and didn't find anything. Based on what I've read in here, I asked them to re solder all connections. They reinstalled and made sure all connectors tight and clean. So far, so good. No more black outs. Responds faster and there's more detail in the Lex logo. Fortunately an easy fix (no component problems, damaged circuit boards or external connections). Old electronics but at least it works for now.
Old 02-26-17, 08:59 AM
jbonez89
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default subwoofer question

So i have a 10'' alpine type R subwoofer and wanted to know if my stock GPS headunit has an input for subwoofer to control the volume of the bass. My 2006 Acura TL had a subwoofer input so you could adjjust the bass from the stock headunit which was nice. If anyone knows if it does please let me know, otherwise I guess I'll just have to adjust the volume from the amplifier in the trunk.
Old 05-11-19, 10:42 AM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same problem , external system not connected . Navi and Bluetooth not working . Anyone had solved this issue lately ?
Old 04-26-21, 09:15 AM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Anyone still here? Does anyone have resolutions to this issue? Did the guy in Indiana work out?
I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-21, 02:48 PM
BlakeLS
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CA2, I had this condition pop up about 1.5 months ago. Here's what I did to fix my issue. Haven't experienced the issue again, hopefully not for a long time. YMMV.

I've an '04 with ML, I have the basic Grom aux installed so I can route phone audio into car audio.

Searched forums, indicated issue might be the Pioneer radio tuner in the trunk.

I opened up the panel where the tuner/DVD player/parking sensor module/ML amp are, vacuum up all the accumulated dust/sand. Removed radio tuner, opened the shell, spray the circuit board with CRC electronic cleaner at an angle, from top down to flush out accumulated dirt (I called CRC and there's not much difference between red and blue bottles for what I needed to do). Then I used CRC to clean the male and female connectors. Lastly I applied dielectric grease to the connectors.

For the vent, I applied duct tape across, leaving a half inch slot on top so air can exit, but dust is trapped by the sticky side of duct tape.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
CA2WALS430 (05-01-21)
Old 05-01-21, 05:40 PM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

@BlakeLS , thanks for responding. That is pretty extensive. I hope it continues to work for you. I stoked 2 old threads about this. For lack of response and after doing my own homework I had a car stereo shop pull my Nav unit on Thursday and I sent it to RedioMedics in California. Both Toyota and Lexus issued service bulletins about the issue in 2004, but it was a problem with the 04-06 Nav units. I should get it back next Thursday and have it reinstalled on Friday. The repair is pretty common for those who know, solder joints. If I would have been one of the fortunate to own this during warranty....well you know how that goes.
I will report back next weekend.
Old 05-01-21, 09:47 PM
BlakeLS
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good. Let me know how much it costs, in case mine acts up again and CRC doesn't work anymore.
Old 05-08-21, 12:36 PM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Hey, @BlakeLS , it worked! I got it back yesterday, and did the reinstall myself. They charged me $150 for the repair, and $18 for ground shipping back to me. I live in Washington and they are in California, so UPS ground is only a 2-day ship for me. Since you are in Pennsylvania, I would recommend the guy in Indiana who many seem to be happy with. It would be quicker shipping for you, and also when shipping that kind of thing I like the idea of the shortest amount of transport. Anyway it works like a gem again, and usually repairs like this only need to be done once.

Here is the guy in Indiana:
http://www.autobeyours.com/Ebay%20MFD%20listing
Here is the place in California I used. They did a good job, and were nice, but I had to pursue ALL communication:
https://radiomedics.com/

Good luck!