LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 Lexus Ls 430 navigation system screen off

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 07:08 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I would not own any Lexus with inbuilt Nav without a Lexus extended warranty.
The following users liked this post:
0011 (04-15-22)
Old 04-02-11, 02:47 PM
!SPEED
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black screen

Just took my 2004 LS430 out yesterday after having it parked for the winter and my Nav screen was black. My audio screen was alright as well as my radio/Sat working and showing up on the screen. For some reason when the car's bluetooth picked up an incoming call I could not hear the calling party.
Tried what unhooking the negative ground to the battery and waited a few minutes then re-hooked. Nav screen came back on flickered off then came back on again. Hope it continues. Probably a bear to remove the screen to send it in.
Old 04-05-11, 04:59 AM
lmmrem
Driver School Candidate

Default Touch Screen

Contact a Lexus Customer Care rep. It is a flaw in the screen and they know about it. Should have been recalled. They paid half the cost of a refurbished screen for us. Good luck.
Old 04-21-11, 09:27 AM
Ruby786
Driver School Candidate

My CD got stuck and will not eject. Need help
Old 10-05-11, 08:31 PM
tumbin
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link. In my opinion this is the cheapest and best solution. Lexus Canada will not budge to help in splitting the costs of the repair or a used unit. I paid $125 to a mechanic to remove the screen and put it back in + $325 for repair (including shipping back) + $35 to ship to AutoBeYours + $60 in Customs (for briniging it back to Canada). So, the total cost is $550 including everything, whereas I had found one with wreckers for $800 + Tax + Shipping + labour to have it installed i.e. a total cost of $1200. But how do I know that I won't have same problem with that down the road. Now at least I know it has been repaired and it works like a charm. Price for a new unit from Lexus Canada is $6500.....go figure!!!!
Old 10-29-11, 09:23 AM
Cakkie
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Same Problem in 2005 Lexus LS 430

I have a 2005 Ls 430- my battery was dying so I kept having to get jumps..there was a horrible rotten egg smell which gave me a headache long story short I turned off the display because the light was making my head hurt more. I then went to auto zone & purchased a brand new battery and attempted to turn the display back on but nothing happened.. Now nothing works..the time, heat, radio, back up camera. Nothing.

The only error message It had before I turned the display off was the blue tooth connection failed. Any ideas?
Old 10-29-11, 10:42 AM
Cakkie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lmmrem
Contact a Lexus Customer Care rep. It is a flaw in the screen and they know about it. Should have been recalled. They paid half the cost of a refurbished screen for us. Good luck.
--- called Lexus & was told there was no such recall.
Old 12-20-11, 09:13 AM
MARLIN670
Driver School Candidate

Hello, this is my first post and I joined here for help with same issues on my 2004.

Anyone, find a more simple fix than pulling the unit?
Old 04-20-12, 05:56 AM
MARLIN670
Driver School Candidate

Been a long drawn out process, but finally got mine fixed.

I first pulled my unit and sent it to http://www.mrwhizard.com/ who fixed the problems, however, the touchscreen was damaged during shipment. I had to order a new touchscreen on Ebay and I replaced the touchscreen myself.
Old 05-20-12, 06:49 PM
jimmyalg
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav screen does not respond to touch

2001 LS 430 This started intermittently and went to no response and stayed that way until it rained several days later. I believe the moisture may have helped restore connectivity. My mirror switch went this way too. Lexus club advised cleaning the switch with an electrical connection cleaner and presto it's working. Electrical connections build up a coating over time this is easily removed with the $9 spray cleaner from radio shack. Both are in the under dash environment. My thinking is that the connectors may just need cleaning and contact will be restored. Worth a try. I have not done it yet since it working it's not as high a priority. The removal of the system is simple and quick and provides access to the connectors. It is on YouTube courtesy of a van nuys Nav repair company. I am not on this site much so future responses may not happen. Best of luck!

Last edited by jimmyalg; 05-20-12 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Add vehicle & age
Old 09-20-12, 08:01 AM
epcurrie
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav External System Not Connected

All,

I have almost the same issue with my 2005 LS430 with 65k miles. However, I'm still able to access my A/C functions. Also, I can access Audio, but there's no sound. Bluetooth connects. Whenever I push for the MAP or Destination I receive "External System Not Connected". This just started in the last 3 days as temperatures have dropped about 15 degrees.

This has occurred each of the last 3 mornings. By afternoon, it works fine. Would this most likely be due to loose connections and build up on wires? I checked the connections on the nav ecu and they are good and tight.

I heard the '05 was supposed to have an updated nav system to correct problems with '04 Lexus cars. I have an appt with a Lexus dealer tomorrow morning. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-12, 07:33 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My 05 had the same issues....circuit board went out and would short in and out. Entire screen unit had to be replaced....glad it was on the dealers dime and not mine
Old 09-21-12, 02:31 PM
epcurrie
Driver School Candidate

The dealership was able to reproduce my nav issue this morning. Then, they unplugged my direct connect Sirius and said my nav worked. I believe that narrows out down to a loose connection or faulty Sirius connectors.

Lexus is going to keep my car over the weekend. They're leaving my Sirius unplugged now and see if the nav works in the morning. Also, I'm going to have them plug the Sirius back in and make sure the connections are solid and see if the nav works Sunday or Monday morning.

Hopefully, this will tell me whether Sirius is faulty or was installed with a loose connection. I just had the Sirius hooked up about 3 weeks ago. A loose connection would make more sense since I appeared to have issues when it was colder.
Old 09-25-12, 10:24 AM
LSBlues
Driver School Candidate

I've had an issue where the system indicates it can't read the DVD on my '01 LS430 UL but screen is still functional and all of the other menus work fine just not the navigation. Haven't spent the time or $ to really look into it as I stopped using it as my daily driver and I'm going to be selling it and plan to price it aggressively so the next person can accept that as is.
Old 10-01-12, 03:13 PM
epcurrie
Driver School Candidate

Default Update!!!

I found my nav issue was due to the iSimple Sirius/AUX kit. I did some searching through other forums and found a few other people that had nav issues due to iSimple product. It's a really good price and combines Sirius with AUX, not sure why it messes up nav. I called the iSimple tech support and they were unaware of the issue. They said I should try an iSmple firmware update, but I don't think it'll work.

Apparently, most Lexus owners spend the extra money for the Vaistech direct connect kits and have a lot of success.

Anyone else on this forum have knowledge iSimple vs. Vaistech?

Quick Reply: 04 Lexus Ls 430 navigation system screen off