LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 06:03 PM
FIVEOHinNJ
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if Long Island is too far for you but I got recommended to Maximum Tuning in Sea Cliff. Ask to speak to Jeff. He used to work at Rallye Lexus and has his own shop. He even gives discounts to CL members. Work is TOP NOTCH and he is a very nice guy..

http://www.maximumtuning.net/index.html
Old 07-13-09, 12:11 PM
E Woods
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The short version is that Elite Of Lexus represents Standards of Excellence that have been set up by Lexus. Some of these standard are meet through customer surveys while others are meet through Lexus Corp. Evaluations. Achieving these standards requires a great deal of team work by all dealership associates. There is a lot of pride in achieving Elite of Lexus for our Dealership.
Old 07-13-09, 07:59 PM
duncan73
Driver

Default Bay Ridge Lexus

Brought my LS430 into the facility for a New York State Inspection and Oil Change. I bring my own oil (AMSOIL), but everything else is OEM. I then strolled up a couple of blocks to Eugene Woods office and had a delightful conversation that lasted about 25 minutes, where we discussed the Internet and the Club Lexus Forum. Eugene informed me that the dealership is going to move into the former Chrysler Dealership in Bay Ridge at 65th Street. This will allow a consolidation of sales, parts and service in one building, making the experience more user friendly. Eugene offered to drive me back to the service area, which I thankfully declined and hoofed it back the two blocks. Hey, I needed the exercise! But that's the kind of guy Eugene is, without reserve.

During the inspection, it was revealed the the front brake pads needed attention as they were quickly approaching the sensor limit. I was taken back to the service area by the mechanic/service technition who showed me the brake assembly and pointed out, patiently, what the situation was and that it was not imperative that the work be performed immediately. I authorized the repair, of course.

I had the wiper inserts replaced, because although they were functioning properly, they were a year old. I also had the service tech check out the groaning noise whenever the steering wheel retracted when the key was removed.
I have traced the threads on the board and downloaded the TSIB "Steering Column Noise" Jan. 7, 2004, ST001-04, so I was well aware of what work had to be done. I also requested that this service be undertaken, post haste.

All the fluids were checked and the car lubed. Tire pressure, checked. The tires are rotated at COSTCO as part of their tire service package. Two clips were missing from the engine compartment cover which were replaced, without charge. The Service Consultant, Mr. Jason Rodriguez, was extremely helpful in keeping me informed about the status of the vehicle at all times. The car was washed and delivered sparkling in the afternoon sun.

All in all, a great experience with the management and staff of this dealership.
Old 07-14-09, 05:06 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the world is great and they treat you fine, but what about our friend Yuri Bear? He's the one that started this thread...
Old 07-14-09, 04:11 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I guess this thread is growing.
Tomorrow I am going to Bay Ridge Lexus. Oh, the reason I came to the dealer in the first place was my check engine light that was on. And as a service adviser said "It was just a glitch, it's not coming back." Guess what? It did come back on on Sunday. I called and spoke to a General Manager, told him about my coming back problem and asked him: "If it's going to be the same code (Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1) will he take care of it?" He said "We'll talk about it." Tomorrow I will update my thread from the Dealership on my phone.
Oh, forgot to mention. A General Manager asked me to to update my thread after everything is going to be done and say that it was just a misunderstanding and that the service is good. I will do that if everything will go nice and smooth. I know stuff happens, so if all will be good I will give Bay Ridge Lexus a positive feedback.
I also want to thank all of you guys for supporting me in this matter. May god be with you at all times.
Old 07-14-09, 06:48 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely keep us updated. I'm sure after all this, you'll be treated like a God hopefully... if you do, that would be great, but it should have happened without you having to come onto a forum and "bash" them...
Old 07-15-09, 04:46 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by E Woods
The short version is that Elite Of Lexus represents Standards of Excellence that have been set up by Lexus. Some of these standard are meet through customer surveys while others are meet through Lexus Corp. Evaluations. Achieving these standards requires a great deal of team work by all dealership associates. There is a lot of pride in achieving Elite of Lexus for our Dealership.
Gene---if you have the time, we have the SPACE that you need to describe in detail, about what the "Elite of Lexus" really means...

So...we have good customer feedback...and other Lexus Corp Evaluations. What type of other evaluations? I'm really interested if you have the time.
Old 07-15-09, 09:26 PM
femmert
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Forum Decal

Originally Posted by duncan73
This is an example of why it's imperative to have a Lexus Decal on the vehicle, attesting to membership on the Lexus Forum. If I were a dealer, I'd be really wary of a customer who had access to our kind of customer base. I'm sure Lexus National would have concerns, as well.

I was going to have an inspection and oil change on Friday at Bay Ridge Lexus, but now I'm not too sure. I've asked them to address the issues raised here and will wait a few days to see if anything happens. If they contact me, I'll let the membership know of their response.
Say, how can I get one of these "Lexus Forum" decals? femmert
Old 07-16-09, 12:12 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, this morning I picked up the car. Came in @ 7 in the morning, dropped off the IS250 awd loaner and went to see Mr. Fallacaro. Together we went to the shop area, oh my god, my car was sparkling clean and shining like a disco ball. The detailng came out very nice, also I asked to check my rear light sensor, a cap of which broke off some time ago and why my washer fluid is leaking. The light sensor needed to be changed completely and it was only $45, so I authorized it. Washer fluid was a bit more challenging, the pump for a pas. side headlamp washer was bad (somebody hit my car, I have a thread about it here), so I asked the mechanic to disconect it for now so the fluid would not leak out. Also he showed me that my rear rims were fixed (welded) before and my front rims are bent. That's why I couldn't get rid of that 50 to 70 mph vibration. Now I need new rims.
Anyway, everything was done how it was promised and then some, that light sensor was also complimentary, courtesy of Bay Ridge Lexus and especially Mr. Anthony Fallacaro. now I am completely satisfied and happy. In the end Bay Ridge Lexus is treating their customers nice, my case fell through the cracks - yeah, **** happens, now I feel that I got the best service and Service manager Mr. Anthony Fallacaro was very nice, friendly, underst understanding and supportive. He made time for me and my questions, was very sraight forward and honest. I am very satisfied and will go there again.
Now question about the rims. Can my front rims be repaired? Because if not I have to buy new ones and tires. If that is the case I will consider used 18 inch rims off LS. How much are they and what would you guys recommend in my situation?
Old 07-16-09, 12:47 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yuri.ber
Guys, this morning I picked up the car. Came in @ 7 in the morning, dropped off the IS250 awd loaner and went to see Mr. Fallacaro. Together we went to the shop area, oh my god, my car was sparkling clean and shining like a disco ball. The detailng came out very nice....The light sensor needed to be changed completely and it was only $45, so I authorized it. Anyway, everything was done how it was promised and then some, that light sensor was also complimentary, courtesy of Bay Ridge Lexus and especially Mr. Anthony Fallacaro. now I am completely satisfied and happy. In the end Bay Ridge Lexus is treating their customers nice, my case fell through the cracks - yeah, **** happens, now I feel that I got the best service and Service manager Mr. Anthony Fallacaro was very nice, friendly, underst understanding and supportive. He made time for me and my questions, was very sraight forward and honest. I am very satisfied and will go there again.
Bro...thats GREAT news. It's unfortunate though, that on their opportunity for their FIRST IMPRESSION, they were sub-par.

Congrats and I hope they don't need any more reminders to provide outstanding service EVERY time, including the first!
Old 07-16-09, 12:59 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can never replace the first impression, this situation should not have occured, glad after all the hassle they took care of you!
Old 07-16-09, 01:06 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Originally Posted by tromly
You can never replace the first impression, this situation should not have occured,
EXACTLY! Now, even though the situation has been rectified, and someone bumps this thread (even with a positive comment), it's going to read in big bold letters on the home page-- Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!! lol!
Old 07-16-09, 01:07 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by duncan73
This is an example of why it's imperative to have a Lexus Decal on the vehicle, attesting to membership on the Lexus Forum. If I were a dealer, I'd be really wary of a customer who had access to our kind of customer base. I'm sure Lexus National would have concerns, as well.

I was going to have an inspection and oil change on Friday at Bay Ridge Lexus, but now I'm not too sure. I've asked them to address the issues raised here and will wait a few days to see if anything happens. If they contact me, I'll let the membership know of their response.
Where do I get a Lexus decal?? Sign me up, I need three!!
Old 07-16-09, 04:44 PM
duncan73
Driver

Default Decals

Unfortunately, as far as I know, they do not exist. However, I believe that with such a decal; "Club Lexus Forums Member," along with the web site, we could double or even triple the member-base of the forums.

There are also other benefits in the use of a membership decal:
1. It would increase the bottom line of the Vendor members who financially support the web site with a larger membership.
2. It would increase the potential Lexus customer base, for both new and used vehicles, with increased membership.
3. It would provide an avenue for a Dealership or Vendor member to resolve customer issues or explain a course of action when a complaint is lodged against them. This was evidenced by Eugene Woods, the General Manager of Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, New York. There have been close to one thousand hits on "Bay Ridge Lexus Sucks" alone.
4. It would be a rolling billboard, 24/7/365, advertising the Forums and the Lexus product.
5. Monies generated by the sale of decals could be used to help defray the costs of the web site.
6. Discounts could be given to members displaying the decal on the vehicle.

I just scratched the surface on the positive aspects of such a decal. I'm sure other members have better ideas or thoughts on the subject.
Old 07-16-09, 05:26 PM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

I had a major problem with a local Lexus dealership in Illinois myself. They sent me a letter asking why I didn't come back. So, since they sent a self addressed stampled envelope I told them.
Basically, I said I would bash them on CL. Never, EVER, refer or go there for parts, sales or service again.
Next thing you know, I received a phone call from the owner. Irate at his sales staff. Gave me a $500 credit in service and told me to see him personally for any future buys. He truly wanted to make it right. But you MUST contact the owner if possible. If they value their reputation at all. And it was obvious to them I was one of their best customers. FIGHT IT!

Quick Reply: Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!