LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 06:29 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad it had to go beyond the first visit, but great to hear that they're treating you right now. Yes, a good detailing job really brings the car back to life. It's excellent.

Anyway, good to hear it's all good for now. IS250 AWD loaner, nice. I usually get stinky, boring, ES or RX's.
Old 07-17-09, 01:43 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by duncan73
Unfortunately, as far as I know, they do not exist. However, I believe that with such a decal; "Club Lexus Forums Member," along with the web site, we could double or even triple the member-base of the forums.

There are also other benefits in the use of a membership decal:
1. It would increase the bottom line of the Vendor members who financially support the web site with a larger membership.
2. It would increase the potential Lexus customer base, for both new and used vehicles, with increased membership.
3. It would provide an avenue for a Dealership or Vendor member to resolve customer issues or explain a course of action when a complaint is lodged against them. This was evidenced by Eugene Woods, the General Manager of Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, New York. There have been close to one thousand hits on "Bay Ridge Lexus Sucks" alone.
4. It would be a rolling billboard, 24/7/365, advertising the Forums and the Lexus product.
5. Monies generated by the sale of decals could be used to help defray the costs of the web site.
6. Discounts could be given to members displaying the decal on the vehicle.

I just scratched the surface on the positive aspects of such a decal. I'm sure other members have better ideas or thoughts on the subject.
You make excellent points and suggestions. We have had an extensive discussion in regards to the CL decals in the site discussion and suggestion forum. I am not aware of the current status of these decals at the moment, but i'm sure Dave will announce if any are available.

Feel free to drop by and have a look, or start a thread.

in the meantime, lets keep this thread on topic, so we dont get sidetracked.
Old 07-19-09, 08:41 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion nothing will ever change with these guys in Bay Ridge. A few weeks ago i was there getting some stuff (oil filter , A/C filter ) $9 and change for an oil filter. And since i was two block away from their Toyota dealership (owned by the same people. correct me if im wrong) cuz i know some guys service their cars there, i thought i should stop by to see if there's any price difference for the same parts. Well the oil filter was a little over $5. So i got 2 more oil filters (they dont get spoiled do they) and went on with my life. (Ahh sorry forgot to mention that when i showed the sales rep that oil filter the guy asked me if it was for LS, i said yes, so he was like: " Come here first next time we have all the same parts for lot cheaper." I thanked the good man for helping me save some $$$ and left.)

BUT!!!

My doorlock actuator broke so two Saturdays ago i go over to the lexus dealeship for a price quote. Was told the part costs two hundred something dollars. But being me i NEED TO COMPARE. So i head over to toyota only to be told by a "wise guy" with an attitude (that gave me a look like i was begging for some spare change) that all the parts are different and that they dont sell lexus part and if i need something i should go to the lexus dealership.

So, the moral of the story is , maybe i was wrong for trying to get parts for my lex from toyota, but then everything i bought from the lexus dealership in the past had TOYOTA on it, so i do get a little confused.

Last edited by xuserx04; 07-19-09 at 09:05 PM. Reason: time specific
Old 07-19-09, 09:02 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

And what concerns Yuri's situation, dont go there for a little while (let them forget you) then visit them again. See how they treat you. If they really care about their customers they will do their best from the get go. To me, a little detailing job means: we were wrong so here is some wax on your car so you can shut your mouth and stop crying about our f...ed up service on the web.

You see this is how stuff works in a big city. They know they will always have customers, if they wrong some people, then be it, if you're smart and open your mouth like Yuri did they will offer some free ish, and if you dont, well your loss.

Disclamer: I dont have a grudge against Bay Ridge Lexus.
Old 07-20-09, 03:07 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by xuserx04
In my opinion nothing will ever change with these guys in Bay Ridge. A few weeks ago i was there getting some stuff (oil filter , A/C filter ) $9 and change for an oil filter. And since i was two block away from their Toyota dealership (owned by the same people. correct me if im wrong) cuz i know some guys service their cars there, i thought i should stop by to see if there's any price difference for the same parts. Well the oil filter was a little over $5. So i got 2 more oil filters (they dont get spoiled do they) and went on with my life. (Ahh sorry forgot to mention that when i showed the sales rep that oil filter the guy asked me if it was for LS, i said yes, so he was like: " Come here first next time we have all the same parts for lot cheaper." I thanked the good man for helping me save some $$$ and left.)

BUT!!!

My doorlock actuator broke so two Saturdays ago i go over to the lexus dealeship for a price quote. Was told the part costs two hundred something dollars. But being me i NEED TO COMPARE. So i head over to toyota only to be told by a "wise guy" with an attitude (that gave me a look like i was begging for some spare change) that all the parts are different and that they dont sell lexus part and if i need something i should go to the lexus dealership.

So, the moral of the story is , maybe i was wrong for trying to get parts for my lex from toyota, but then everything i bought from the lexus dealership in the past had TOYOTA on it, so i do get a little confused.
And what concerns Yuri's situation, dont go there for a little while (let them forget you) then visit them again. See how they treat you. If they really care about their customers they will do their best from the get go. To me, a little detailing job means: we were wrong so here is some wax on your car so you can shut your mouth and stop crying about our f...ed up service on the web.

You see this is how stuff works in a big city. They know they will always have customers, if they wrong some people, then be it, if you're smart and open your mouth like Yuri did they will offer some free ish, and if you dont, well your loss.

Disclamer: I dont have a grudge against Bay Ridge Lexus.
Im not sure i understand your posts. So are you upset they charged you more money at a Lexus dealership? or the fact that a Toyota dealership turned down your request to service your car?
Old 07-20-09, 10:53 AM
AlexusAnja

I'm sure Lincoln charges more for the same Ford parts that are in the Lincoln vehicles. Just like Caddy will have GM equivalent parts. It's just the "up-marketing" and price to pay for going up one level on the ladder.

Yeah, if you know and understand that the parts are the same and you can get them elsewhere for cheaper, then do it. For me, I get my parts online, through Toyota and that's that. For my RX, I always quote I have a 2004 Highlander (for my '99 RX) and get my parts without the "oh, we don't have Lexus parts" junk.
Old 07-20-09, 11:08 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Im not sure i understand your posts. So are you upset they charged you more money at a Lexus dealership? or the fact that a Toyota dealership turned down your request to service your car?
No. I simply dont like to be told ten different stories. when you come in to get parts one guy will tell you they can get you all the parts. Come back two days later and another guy will tell you they cant get you the parts for a lexus.
Old 07-20-09, 07:34 PM
AlexusAnja

Default Honestly is not the best policy

No. I simply dont like to be told ten different stories. when you come in to get parts one guy will tell you they can get you all the parts. Come back two days later and another guy will tell you they cant get you the parts for a lexus.
In your case, the first guy was being honest and told you the truth, but I think the second guy was answering based on the "corporate line." I don't think Toyota really wants to have their customers cross shop between Toyota and Lexus parts, and they surely don't want to advertise such.

If they can get away with selling the same filter at Lexus for $12, while at Toyota for $6, then why would they want to sell it to a Lexus owner at Toyota.

Yeah, if life were fair, we'd all pay the same price for the same parts (in this case, the box even says TOYOTA) anywhere, but unfortunately, different makes have different overheads. Like many have said, someone has to pay for that coffee, donut, and the "free" loaner....
Old 07-28-09, 09:34 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by E Woods
The short version is that Elite Of Lexus represents Standards of Excellence that have been set up by Lexus. Some of these standard are meet through customer surveys while others are meet through Lexus Corp. Evaluations. Achieving these standards requires a great deal of team work by all dealership associates. There is a lot of pride in achieving Elite of Lexus for our Dealership.
Hi Gene. Would you happen to have any more details on why and for what the Elite of Lexus award is given?

I understand the positve customer surveys...but what else? Im very interested.
Old 07-29-09, 07:29 PM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you punch up dealers on your nav screen it will show toyota dealers if there is no lexus dealer in the area..did it last week in Port Allengany Pa.
Old 08-03-09, 06:21 PM
rws371
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would contact the regional rep and everyone else that has had a bad experience. We had a LOL (little old lady) picket a dealer here in Texas and finally got her Lexus fixed and almost put the Dealer out of business. Power of the pen still works!
Old 08-04-09, 11:12 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Like many have said, someone has to pay for that coffee, donut, and the "free" loaner....
I figured my $180 50k maintenance (read: oil change) was covering that part of the free!

What really pissed me off what that the manual has a suggested list of items to cover for the 50k schedule, but the LEXUS dealership(s) don't/didn't follow it. They have their own schedule they go by. Why would Lexus advise us to do certain things to our cars at certain time/mileage intervals, but then allow the dealerships to make up their own maintenance schedule.
Old 08-04-09, 12:21 PM
AlexusAnja

Default Just a suggestion...

Originally Posted by bigcory
... Why would Lexus advise us to do certain hings to our cars at certain time/mileage intervals, but then allow the dealerships to make up their own maintenance schedule.
Because it's not a mandate to do it at those intervals, it's only "suggested" to do those things at those intervals.

Take oil changes, ranges from anywhere between 3,000 to 10,000 miles. Shops/dealers want you to change every 3K miles or 3 months, if you're paying for it. If it's part of some bought maintenance plan, they want to stick to 5,000 or the 7,500. 7,500 is most maintenance schedule "suggested" time, and then for some vehicles, the book lists 10K miles.

If the dealer goes by the book, less money to be mad, if they do their own crazy scheduling, then more money to be made. The dealership is not here to sit around and look pretty... someone has to pay for all those floor shiners.
Old 08-30-10, 09:15 AM
01LEXUSES
Driver School Candidate

Default Bay Ridge Lexus- Poor Overall Service

Brought my car in last week for a previous recommended service to replace front and rear stabilzer bushings- 2001 ES300. This repair happened to be covered in full under my extended warranty. To make a long story short- repair was suppose to be done in one day- it took two days. No problem since I had a loaner car. Only problem is that I stopped by the next day to pick up my car and the service advisor said they were busy and couldn't get to my car. He never contacted me to let me know this. Poor communication!
I return the next day at 4:15 pm after receiving a call around 11:20 am stating my car is ready. I didn't leave until after 5:40 pm. The service advisor stated he was waiting for payment from the warranty company. I basically waited for over an hour and a half for something that should have been taken care of before I arrived to pick up my car. Now my car makes knocking noises after the repair was done. My car never made these noises before. To top it off they said I was responsible for the taxes on the repair since the warranty company was tax exempt. Again- no big deal- it was only about $20 BUT I had extended warranty service done at this dealer two years and didn't pay a dime?? When I get home annoyed I notice a charge for license plate bolts on the invoice after I left. They put Bay Ridge Lexus license plate frames and charged me for the bolts??? I guess they charge you to advertise their dealership?? I've been servicing my car there for about 3 years. They claim to have top notch expertise when servicing Lexus vehicles. However on TWO separate occasions when getting only an oil change- they never cleaned up the oil from underneath my car. I had to find oil dripping on my newly cemented driveway. This is something expected at the local Jiffy Lube but not at Lexus Service. I sent letters to the service manager and general manager with no response as of yet. I guess their BBB rating of an 'F' holds true.

Last edited by 01LEXUSES; 08-30-10 at 09:19 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-30-10, 09:16 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

bay ridge and queens, same owners and they SUCK.

Quick Reply: Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!