LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

20" Wheel Options, What to do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-08, 07:47 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

More pics pls!

Like the one in your sig, more angles, i'm not there so i really one want to take it all in buddy. Thx!
Old 08-31-08, 08:47 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the close up of brake and rotor. Much better looking than the factory. So clean and no rust with the cadmium.
Old 08-31-08, 08:52 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn those rims look real clean for being so old....
well done! i was leaning torwards the same direction with my car
i did the dual magnaflow mufflers with nice tips and going for more of a sporty look rather than VIP or anything else...

i was looking for some like 19'' or 20'' gunmetal rims with around the tire size you got...

but now im trying to get a diffrent lexus that i can afford maybe LS400 because im trying to give this back to my dad he kind of controls my life with it ( go do this or im taking the car away and stuff like that)
being that im only 17 and still in high school with a part time job
so for now the mods stopped
Old 09-02-08, 09:05 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

I like it
Old 09-02-08, 10:01 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Shlomboy

but now im trying to get a diffrent lexus that i can afford maybe LS400 because im trying to give this back to my dad he kind of controls my life with it ( go do this or im taking the car away and stuff like that)
being that im only 17 and still in high school with a part time job
so for now the mods stopped
First off a compliment to 04 LS430:
Looks good actually.
I normally hate black rims but this one alright
Those rotors do help improve the looks since the 5 spokes wheel exposes the area more.

For Shlomboy. If you are looking for an LS400, here's an inspiration (from D2-our wheel vendor):

Old 09-02-08, 11:02 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

here are a few pics of mine with 20"

I'm definitely getting bored of the wheels though

Old 09-02-08, 11:30 AM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To MikeMareen, if those are Wald D23's and you are thinking of selling them, I would be interested. I wanted those, but can no longer get them new (discontinued).
Old 09-02-08, 12:45 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good! I like the color of the wheels, I think the tires are too fat IMO, I think you should have went w/ 265 or the most 275 in the rear and 245 in the front....but again my opinion. Once you drop the car...it will def. give it a completely new look.....more gangsta/mafia I would say...lol......I def. want to see more pics once it is dropped.....
Old 09-02-08, 05:20 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
First off a compliment to 04 LS430:
Looks good actually.
I normally hate black rims but this one alright
Those rotors do help improve the looks since the 5 spokes wheel exposes the area more.

For Shlomboy. If you are looking for an LS400, here's an inspiration (from D2-our wheel vendor):

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks PHAT!!! lol

still shopping around for LS400
trying to be patient and get the RIGHT one for the RIGHT price lol

going to miss my 430 though...

LS400 is going to be for now soo i get threw high school and college and when my set my priorities in the right order and the time is right i maybe smell a 460?????

Last edited by SH212; 09-02-08 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-05-08, 02:59 PM
CocDiezel
Driver School Candidate

Im looking at buying a black or Grey LS 430. I like the black or Grey face wheels with the silver lip. Whats the best wheel / tire size to get and what are opinions out there for the nicest looking wheels?
Old 09-07-08, 10:32 AM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2003 Ultra with Luff D2, 20" x 8.5 staggered, Nitto NT555 255/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear. Tires have 31,000 miles on them and are just needing to be replaced. When I bought the LS I was looking for a black one, I found this blue onyx pearl and was blown away by how great this color is.
Old 09-09-08, 03:45 PM
CocDiezel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
OK, so here's what I decided on. Nothing really out of the ordinary but I liked the way the finish product looked. I was really torn between this and the Black Chrome because it really does look hot. After I talked to Majid at Atlas Plating he said that all chrome (traditional or color finished) will eventually flake, peel, bubble, rust, or delaminate! He highly recommended the powdercoat face, polish lip combination for the best everyday use and overall life of the wheel. As an added bonus, you can polish the lip to be almost as shiny as Chrome with no rust issues or peeling! The next plan of attack is to lower it. I don't have a UL so the DataController isn't an option. I'm just having some LSportline Springs installed to compliment the LSportline Wheels. Tell me what you think.
Your ride is sic bud! Im looking to buy a Flint LS430 but cant decide between the Sport w/ Modern Luxury package, Custom Luxury Package and Ultra Luxury Package. Looks like yours has the Sport and Modern Package? How do you like it? Miss anything the other packages offer?
Old 09-09-08, 03:50 PM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

Mine has the ultra package. I really like the handling with the 20" wheels when the air suspension is in the 'sport' mode. (I have owned lots of sports cars over the years)
Old 09-11-08, 10:19 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CocDiezel
Your ride is sic bud! Im looking to buy a Flint LS430 but cant decide between the Sport w/ Modern Luxury package, Custom Luxury Package and Ultra Luxury Package. Looks like yours has the Sport and Modern Package? How do you like it? Miss anything the other packages offer?
Thanks for the props... Mine is the Sport/Modern Lux. I did consider the Ultra but changed my mind after taking the possibilities of all the electrical components failing and reading about the issues with the double paned windows. For me this was the overall best package because it had the most important options I wanted... Navi Touch Screen and the Sport Suspension. I don't miss anything with this one. Good luck choosing... these cars are great.
Old 09-11-08, 10:31 AM
CocDiezel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
Thanks for the props... Mine is the Sport/Modern Lux. I did consider the Ultra but changed my mind after taking the possibilities of all the electrical components failing and reading about the issues with the double paned windows. For me this was the overall best package because it had the most important options I wanted... Navi Touch Screen and the Sport Suspension. I don't miss anything with this one. Good luck choosing... these cars are great.

Thanks for the advice. Does your mod/sport have bluetooth as well?

Quick Reply: 20" Wheel Options, What to do???