LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check VSC VSC off

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 12:09 PM
gs4mock2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did your friend clear all the codes.....if he did you must recalibrate your speed sensor using the right machine......
Old 02-28-09, 09:14 PM
PilotSmith
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FYOUNES
here is the correct Ts and CG
Today I got a check engine light. I plugged in my OBD2 reader and found I had a bad O2 sensor. I erased the error code to see if I would get the same O2 error later to confirm it was not just a one time glitch. When I started the car (2001 LS430) I got the "Check VSC" warning and "VSC OFF" light. Jumping the Ts and CG worked to reset the VSC. Many thanks for this post!

I avoid dealers like the plague. Between my $40 OBD2 coder reader and the Internet I manage to stay away from the dealer and save much $$$$! BTW, I saw a few other posts where the person got the VSC error after plugging in a code reader into the LS430. I wonder if there is some glitch in the Lexus coding that is causing this error after a code reader reads and resets the error codes?
Old 05-25-09, 07:30 PM
vamel
Driver School Candidate

thanks a lot guys, that was a lifesaver, and the procedure really does work, thanks you all for the great input!!!
Old 06-02-09, 12:55 PM
Lvn2gig
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2001 LX470 and a couple of weeks ago my mech replaced the tps because the VSC lights were on. Now the lights are back on and the code is indicating the yaw sensor. Can I use the same procedure?
Old 09-24-09, 01:58 PM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Default VSC light still on

Hi
I have had VSC light on for few months. I tried jumping the Ts and Cg with no luck. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Old 09-24-09, 02:25 PM
PilotSmith
Driver

Make sure you are jumping the correct terminals. There is a diagram on the forum with the wrong terminals listed.
Old 09-25-09, 09:20 PM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PilotSmith
Make sure you are jumping the correct terminals. There is a diagram on the forum with the wrong terminals listed.
Yes, I noticed that and I followed the diagram that FYOUNES had posted with the diagram. It still did not work.
Old 09-26-09, 09:39 AM
PilotSmith
Driver

Originally Posted by mukarram20
Yes, I noticed that and I followed the diagram that FYOUNES had posted with the diagram. It still did not work.
I have a diagnostic VSC troubleshooting schematic. It is a PDF file. Not sure if it will post here. I'll give it a shot in a bit.
Old 09-26-09, 10:02 AM
PilotSmith
Driver

If you don't have a code reader, you need to buy one. They sell from $25 to $250 for a basic code reader. Got mine at Harbor Freight for about $30 and I like that it gives the codes and it tells you what the code means so you don't have to look them up on a table. However, it SCREWS UP the VSC each time I use it and I have to jump the terminals to reset the VSC. So I would get a different brand in case that problem is specific to the junk sold at Harbor Freight. But now that I know how to reset the VSC it is not that big of a deal as I seldom need to use it.

I attached some DTC (diag trouble codes) that may help you out, a symptoms table and the ECU VSC diag check. They are all PDF files so I don't know if they will show up on the post. If not, you can PM me for the files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
codes.pdf (63.1 KB, 9412 views)
symptoms.pdf (54.0 KB, 4458 views)
vsc.pdf (90.2 KB, 7829 views)
Old 09-26-09, 06:55 PM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Thank you PilotSmith. Will have a mechanic check the files you sent. With regards to jumping the cable, does the diagram, another member, FYOUNES, posted - is his diagram correct?

Thanks
Old 09-26-09, 07:07 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default vsc

it worked for me..followed the steps and used pongs three top five bottom for the jump,,turn car on no start of course..a.b.s. light starts to blink vsc test reading comes on leave it for bout 5 to ten seconds..turn car off pullout jumper paper clip.start car and u should b good.. thanks guy for the infomation save me lot of money
Old 09-26-09, 07:19 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Thank you PilotSmith. Will have a mechanic check the files you sent. With regards to jumping the cable, does the diagram, another member, FYOUNES, posted - is his diagram correct?

Thanks
fyounes is correct with the daigram..and the instructions
Old 09-26-09, 07:23 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Thanks
follow team player instructions with Fyounes diagram..u should b good it worked for me just yesterday..
Old 09-27-09, 08:55 AM
PilotSmith
Driver

This is what I have in my Lexus folder and it works for me.

This originally had the wrong position. The diagram on this scan is with the corrected jumper wire position.
Attached Thumbnails Check VSC VSC off-jumper.jpg  
Old 09-29-09, 07:14 PM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Hi 03LS430 and PILOTSMITH

Both Fyounes and PilotSmith have the same diagram. So I tried it and it did not work. What was interesting when I jumped the cable and turned the ignition to ON ( I do not see VSC blinking for 5 seconds). So 03LS430, if you recall, what do you see on the instrument panel after you jumped the cable and turned the car to ACC / ON?

After I turn the car on (engine on), I do not see an VSC light off warning. I only see it come on as soon as I move from park to drive and drive the car for 2 seconds.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Check VSC VSC off