LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

WTB an LS430 - how to recognize pkgs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 08:05 PM
alexander_
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB an LS430 - how to recognize pkgs?

I am looking for an LS 430 (2004+); how to tell apart cars with Custom Luxury vs Modern Lux packages? The Ultra (which I don't want) is easy to recognize from listings photos (usually) but is there any way to judge the other option packages from the listing description and/or photos since a lot of sellers seem clueless. Is there an easy way to run the VIN to get the equipment? Which cars and model years have the SADDLE interior available? TIA.
Old 09-08-07, 08:20 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the fast way to differentiate the CL/ML vs UL

1) Cooler compartment between the rear seat. If yes UL, no then CL/ML.
2) Does the rear passenger windows have shades available, yes UL, no CL/ML.
3) In the dash, hi/norm switch, If yes UL, no then CL/ML

If it falls on the CL/ML side, then look to see if the headliner is suede vs cloth. If suede, then CL, cloth then ML.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Old 09-08-07, 08:54 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Great post. I was wondering the same thing. Is there any other way to tell a CL from an ML aside from the headliner? I know the CL has automatic door closers, but you can't see that in a picture.

e
Old 09-08-07, 10:04 AM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e-man
Great post. I was wondering the same thing. Is there any other way to tell a CL from an ML aside from the headliner? I know the CL has automatic door closers, but you can't see that in a picture.

e
CL & UL have headlamp washers - ML does not. (Easy to spot if you look at front bumper.)
Old 09-08-07, 03:01 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

This page explains the differences: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/LS/2004.html
Old 09-08-07, 11:12 PM
danefx
Driver School Candidate

Yes the custom luxury has headlamp washers, not only easy to see on the front bumper but easy to see with the switch by the seat heater switch.

ultra lux: four switches on the panel with the seat heaters
and three switches on the panel above that one
little pods on front bumpers for washers

custom lux: three switches on the panel with the seat heaters
little pods on front bumper for washers

modern lux nav & ml

you can tell pretty much from a picture of the dash under the radio to check for the switches
Old 09-09-07, 08:01 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Do the Canadian LS uses the same model/options too?
Old 09-10-07, 09:36 AM
alexander_
Driver School Candidate

Default This is very helpful in my quest for a CLux pkg...

I want to look for the CLux pkg and differentiate it from the (Navi+Mark Levinson equipped) MLux pkg. The information that the CLux has headlight washers (easily seen on most front grill/hood shots) makes it a snap to differentiate the two. FYI, I am staying away from the UL model because of relative scarcity, potential suspension problems and much smaller trunk due to the reclining rear seats. Thanks! Now anybody want to tackle the issue of saddle interior?
Old 09-10-07, 10:41 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alexander_
FYI, I am staying away from the UL model because of relative scarcity, potential suspension problems and much smaller trunk due to the reclining rear seats. Thanks! Now anybody want to tackle the issue of saddle interior?
It's not the reclining seat that takes up the room, I believe its due to the air filtration system and rear air conditioner that consumes a bit more room.
Old 09-10-07, 10:41 AM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by alexander_
Thanks! Now anybody want to tackle the issue of saddle interior?
In 2004 the SADDLE interior was only available in CL and UL cars.

( I don't know about other years. )
Old 09-10-07, 11:49 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe SADDLE is only available for Black, White, & Flint Mica Exterior. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh by the way, SADDLE looks awesome. Add a little favor into the "so called boring" Lexus styling... This option is over 10k in the Mercedes side, the designo edition...

CL and UL also has more leather inside the car... the glove compartment, door handles, center consol front and back, etc.

As you can see, the burnt wood is a nice touch with the saddle interior as well... looks so rich...
Attached Thumbnails WTB an LS430 - how to recognize pkgs?-5950-20lexus-20ls430-20white-20pass-20seat.jpg  

Last edited by KILLERGS4; 09-10-07 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-10-07, 02:26 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
I believe SADDLE is only available for Black, White, & Flint Mica Exterior. Correct me if I'm wrong. ...
This, from the 2004 LS430 brochure:

Saddle is available with exterior colors Crystal White, Moonlight Pearl, Blue Onyx Pearl, Briarwood Pearl, Flint Mica, Mystic Gold Metallic, and Black Onyx. In all those cases ONLY with CL or UL option.

( Saddle is NOT available with the following exterior colors: Black Cherry Pearl, Mercury Metallic, or Cyprus Pearl. )
Old 09-10-07, 07:13 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ayonnebay
This, from the 2004 LS430 brochure:

Saddle is available with exterior colors Crystal White, Moonlight Pearl, Blue Onyx Pearl, Briarwood Pearl, Flint Mica, Mystic Gold Metallic, and Black Onyx. In all those cases ONLY with CL or UL option.

( Saddle is NOT available with the following exterior colors: Black Cherry Pearl, Mercury Metallic, or Cyprus Pearl. )
I stand corrected... I never seen saddle other than the colors i mentioned (and i used to work for Lexus).
Old 09-10-07, 10:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One other way to tell Custom Lux vs. Modern Lux, IIRC, is that the Custom Lux package has Dynamic Laser Cruise Control. That itself is of 2 options, Dynamic Laser CC only, which has a sensor on the lower forward bumper, or Dynamic Laser CC with Lexus Pre-Collision System, which is a rectangle-shaped sensor cluster behind the Lexus grille emblem (and often with a transparent rectangle-shaped cover over that).
Old 09-11-07, 11:36 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
I believe SADDLE is only available for Black, White, & Flint Mica Exterior. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh by the way, SADDLE looks awesome. Add a little favor into the "so called boring" Lexus styling... This option is over 10k in the Mercedes side, the designo edition...

CL and UL also has more leather inside the car... the glove compartment, door handles, center consol front and back, etc.

As you can see, the burnt wood is a nice touch with the saddle interior as well... looks so rich...

That is just beautiful with the burnt wood. The same day I purchased my LS, there was another I was looking at with White/Saddle, too bad it was a CL instead of UL. UL was an easy choice.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Quick Reply: WTB an LS430 - how to recognize pkgs?