LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Car and Driver article on the LS400

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 08:46 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car and Driver article on the LS400

Hey All

Well I have a very extensice collection of car magazines dating back to 1989, but I am missing one good issue. In April of 1998 Car and Driver did a Luxury car comparison were the LS400 came in first place. Do any of you have that issue?

If you do I would love to either get photo copies or scanned copies of the article.

Thanks
Jerry
Old 04-30-03, 04:51 PM
LexFather

I know I got it at my parents house. It's in astack. I'll go look for you the next time I am over there.

LS 400 1
7 series 2
Jag 3
S 430 4

I think was the order.
Old 04-30-03, 06:15 PM
brian3268
Lead Lap

Abcedefghij

Last edited by brian3268; 08-28-21 at 04:40 AM.
Old 05-01-03, 07:44 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

Hey

You Guys are Awesome. I keep all my issue in my library and some how I must have lent that one out or just misplaced it.

Hey if you scan it in please feel free to email it to me. I don't care how big the file is.

Anyways here are my email address

jerry.horta@motorola.com (work)

hortaja@bellsouth.net (home)

thanks again

Jerry
Old 05-01-03, 11:25 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

I have the article printed from the car and driver's website. I have to scan it. Will that work for you? The article doesn't have pictures.
Old 05-01-03, 03:30 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Hey just post for me the link and I can read it my self. Thanks

I still would like to see the scaned in pics if its not too much trouble.
Old 05-01-03, 05:11 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

I printed the article in feb 2003. The link is no longer available at C&D.
Old 05-02-03, 10:28 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Scanned, ocr'd, and e-mail to your address. Not pretty but readable. No much on specs either.
Old 05-02-03, 03:52 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Well Thanks Mean boy.

I got to read the aritcal ebut hey no specs? The spec are the best part. Can anybody else just scan in the spec if possible.

Thank you so much guys.

Jerry
Old 05-03-03, 07:10 PM
azari
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi

I don't know weather this will be possible for you guys to do or not; but if you could do me this favor, I will be REALLY REALLY greatful and thankful for your enormous help. Well, I'm doing my final college paper (english class) on the creation and development of the Lexus car, particularly on the LS400. It's a research paper and naturally it requires lots of sources and quotes and etc. Now, I was wondering if any of you would be able to send me some of the articles, road tests, comparison tests and etc on the LS400 from the major car magazines (car&driver, motortrend, road&track). Is it possible for you to scan it, or....? The problem is I need these articles to be from older issues (89-95), so that it will cover the early LS400 models (which is what's basically my paper is going to be about)... Please let me know if you are able to help me with this,,, thanks a million!
Old 05-03-03, 08:42 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Azari

I have "almost" ever article on the LS. Even the very first one in 1989. I would be more than glad to help you.

The trick is how soon do you need evrything? I have tried in the past scanning the pages but eith I dont know what I'm doing or actually it is that I dont know what I'm doing. Ever time I scan a page the file is just too big to email. When I try to reduce it insize the text becomes unreadible. I could photo copy everything for you but it would take me several days to do it. Im swampped at work next week.

If I did manage to copy them I could either fax it or mail it wich ever you prefer.

Jerry
Old 05-03-03, 10:07 PM
azari
Intermediate

Horta,

I wish I had told you earlier about this, since I've been having such trouble finding sources and the due date is right around the corner. However, I'm so glad and thankful that you're willing to help me out with this It's really great to have people like you on this board. Well, as for when I will need it, to be honest, the MUCH sooner the MUCH better. But as long as it's not going to cause any major inconviniences for you. So let me know when you will be able to do it.

Horta, I really don't know how to thank you.... really appreciate it.
Old 05-03-03, 10:12 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Azari

Hey why dont I take all my article to work on 1st gen LS's. The I will photo copy everything. Form there we can figure out how best to get it to you. If you want email me at my work your phone number so we can talk monday.

If you know how to do the settings on a HP 3300c Scanjet scanner to where I can email them to you tomarrow just let me know.

Jerry
Old 05-04-03, 08:43 AM
azari
Intermediate

Horta,

How about faxing it? Would it be any easier for you? I think it's faster and also more reliable (than emailing, which the file might not open, too big, too small and all that)... what do you think? is it not more straight forward you think? If not, we'll talk on Monday and figure something out... I am going to email you my phone number.

thank you very much Horta
Old 05-04-03, 08:56 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

Faxing will be fine with me. Email me your phone and fax.

Jerry

Quick Reply: Car and Driver article on the LS400