LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My adventure to Function/Form!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-12, 09:07 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So has anyone contacted UAS about a bag retrofit kit for this?
Old 11-19-12, 10:32 PM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hella sick video
Old 11-26-12, 10:45 AM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmee
So has anyone contacted UAS about a bag retrofit kit for this?
from the looks of it, they will fit the UAS bags but this is not certain. there really isn't a "kit" UAS produces, it's just brackets custom made to order. when i told them i have coilovers they just copied the megan specs and gave me the brackets. being the coilovers are fully height adjustable, the brackets should work on any coilover set. they also make brackets for stock shocks if you so desire.
Old 11-26-12, 03:50 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Like Timmy said, there isnt a "kit" thats why they are called Universal Air Suspension. They will work with these coils with no problem, just like any coil over. From what I was informed, there will be a colabo with UAS and F2. So keep a look out.
Old 11-27-12, 04:47 PM
Kaiyin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when did you get Dukes!?!?! Looks good!!!

And, oh boy, I might need new coils now! Wonder how low I could go with these?
Old 01-13-13, 09:20 AM
JPratt
Rookie

So how have these been holding up for you so far? Is the rise quality just the same? Or better than the Megan's?
Old 01-14-13, 11:20 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Sorry for not updating this, Thanks for reminding me JPratt! Ok so here the updated, after talking to the guys at F2 and hearing what you guys want to see, I was able to get both ideas together and make it happen. As you guys know, the front where 14K and the rear was I believe 8K. I went ahead and ask for a 10K for the rear just to make sure it was able to hold items and what not. Gave the idea to F2 and they made it happen! Within a few weeks i got a call from them saying it was in. I was super surprise that it was really quick! Customer service is top notch down there and not only is the service great, but the really hear you out on what is needed or what could be improve to your liking. Anyways went down to the headquarters and got the springs installed. AND WOW! Rides a lot better not to harsh but just right. Gave it a few weeks to break in and i took the bold move to go a tad bit lower in the rear and to a ride with almost a few car! I had 3 people in my car and not a sound out of it. I also didnt bottom out! and im talking about adults not kids. Over all im very impress with the out come of these coils. WIth that 14 and 10 k Ride is amazing for being low. Slightly stiffer from factory lets just put it like that.
I will do a shoot soon with the new drop. Ive been moving and its a pain in the butt. Also keep your eye out, the kit will be here any day now!
Old 01-15-13, 03:58 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

thanks for the update!
Old 01-15-13, 08:57 PM
JPratt
Rookie

Cool, nice update!!! So will 14k/10k be the standard they sell now? And I've seen some of these on eBay. Are these the same ones you're running? Or are these a new prototype they're working on? I might be making the leap into buying some suspension. Just trying to decide what I want to go with. How would you compare these to the Megan's now after owning them for awhile?
Old 01-15-13, 09:34 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Im not 100% sure if it will be release with 14/10k. These are the only set for the 98 ls. Im pretty sure F2 hasn't release them if there not listened on there site. So dont jump on a set from ebay if anything, if your really want a set please pm me for more info and ill talk to F2 and so on. But to compare these to my megans... Lets just say ill never look back. Honestly I am blown away with these coils.
Old 01-15-13, 10:23 PM
JPratt
Rookie

Nice!!! Here's the eBay ones I was talking about http://www.ebay.com/itm/130834066785?redirect=mobile
Old 01-16-13, 02:44 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm riding 14/10k. Real happy with those rates riding heavy & low.
Old 01-16-13, 06:29 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kinda makes me want to get rid of my 18k/14k
Old 01-16-13, 11:56 AM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JPratt
Nice!!! Here's the eBay ones I was talking about http://www.ebay.com/itm/130834066785?redirect=mobile
Yes that the right one. That is the price. Very very worth it.

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
I'm riding 14/10k. Real happy with those rates riding heavy & low.
Yeah they come with 14/10k springs. Very nice ride with that setting.

Originally Posted by dengman
kinda makes me want to get rid of my 18k/14k
WOW! 18/14K DAMNNN!!! You got ***** man! hahahah.
Old 01-16-13, 11:57 AM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Here the run down guys.

Function & Form Type 2 for LS400

APPLICATIONS:

LEXUS LS400 1998-2000

Message me for other questions

Spring Rate: Front-14Kg Rear-10Kg

MSRP $1,000.00

The Type Two Coil-Over is our flagship full bodied coil-over. More aggressive than the Type One, we aimed to make it the ultimate street inspired coil-over. Our philosphy was a coil-over designer for street durability, comfort, and style, but can endure the occasional track days. A lot of our customers dream of hitting the track, but the reality is they Twant to enjoy their pride and joy on the streets as well. A dedicated track car is not a choice for many. But thats ok, because we designed a suspension that can let you enjoy the streets or an occasional fling on the track. You pick.

In achieving this, we wanted to make a stronger product to endure the imperfections of the real world. Steel materials have been used for the lower mounts to give the shocks OEM durability. Spring rates are slightly more aggressive than a Type One, to handle occasional track duties and spirited street driving (we always suggest safe and smart driving on public roads). But this did not sacrifice ride quality. Twin tube shocks are used for durability and a smoother ride on the street. Our goal is to offer you a suspension that can handle the wear and tear of daily driving duties. With the Type Two’s 32 levels of dampening adjustment, you can dial in ride and handling characteristics for the street or the track, giving you ultimate versatility.

32 levels of dampening
Dampening adjustments made with a **** that “clicks” at each level
Steel lower mounts for maximum strength
Adjustable Camber Plates *when applicable*
Top mounts included on applications that are applicable
Ride height adjustable seperate of pre-load
Special oil lubrication to withstand conditions from -40 degrees Celsius to 200 degrees Celsius.
Dual tube shock design for maximum ride comfort.
Double wishbone piston size 43mm
McPherson strut piston size 50mm.
-Function Form

Quick Reply: My adventure to Function/Form!