LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

OEM Navigation 98 LS400

Old 10-05-12, 02:16 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

standard climate control will plug right in and bolt right up. Selkirk is looking at the audio/GPS connections and not the bigger gray CC plug above them on the navi unit.

for an aftermarket headunit you just need the right harness. currently the only plug and play harness that gives you use of the factory sub is the Beatsonic harness, which isn't cheap.
Old 10-08-12, 06:08 AM
exxdine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
standard climate control will plug right in and bolt right up. Selkirk is looking at the audio/GPS connections and not the bigger gray CC plug above them on the navi unit.

for an aftermarket headunit you just need the right harness. currently the only plug and play harness that gives you use of the factory sub is the Beatsonic harness, which isn't cheap.
Can you help me out a bit further and let me know which beatsonic kit to purchase? there is about 8 different harnesses they make for ls400's

I appreciate this so much!
Old 10-08-12, 06:09 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

call them and they'll guide you through it.
Old 03-05-14, 01:14 PM
flyboyplo
Rookie

Originally Posted by rey_L2P
is it possible to replace my stock navigation with an aftermarket DVD/navigation. I know with the stock navi, it has the controls for the a/c and sound system. is there a way i can swap with a non-navi so i can get the climate controls and be able to install aftermarket dvd/nav.
Hey did you find away for that to be done? My navi screen went white blank on me due to the cold weather and now its a bit warm and it won't work so I'm guessing its dead... I appreciate the respond because I cannot operate my HVAC ...
Old 03-05-14, 01:55 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyplo
Hey did you find away for that to be done? My navi screen went white blank on me due to the cold weather and now its a bit warm and it won't work so I'm guessing its dead... I appreciate the respond because I cannot operate my HVAC ...
Just get a stock HVAC control from a non nav car preferably from the junkyard and then purchase an after market touchscreen nav unit, get it installed and your good to go.

go here and look for the HVAC
www.car-parts.com
Old 03-10-14, 01:26 PM
flyboyplo
Rookie

Originally Posted by sha4000
Just get a stock HVAC control from a non nav car preferably from the junkyard and then purchase an after market touchscreen nav unit, get it installed and your good to go.

go here and look for the HVAC
www.car-parts.com
I located one from a non navi unit just the HVAC control unit and it goes for $175 , now the guy in the junk yard had advised me that it will not work ... has anyone tried it and worked?
Old 03-10-14, 01:46 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

maybe the junkyard guy meant that the unit he is selling you is broken?

read post #16 at the top of the page and you will read that the "standard climate control will plug right in and bolt right up."
Old 11-18-14, 12:32 AM
Catbyrd1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation

Do anyone know if a new touchscreen navigation system out of a new model LS Lexus will work in my 1999 LS400
Old 11-18-14, 03:47 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by Catbyrd1
Do anyone know if a new touchscreen navigation system out of a new model LS Lexus will work in my 1999 LS400
lol, no it will not.
Old 06-29-15, 08:54 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
lot more to swap if you're converting non-navi to navi. your car's goingto be missing a LOT of wiring as well as the GPS antenna and the controlling computer/hdd in the trunk.
Hey PD,

Once I complete my factory navi swap-out do you think there would be anyone interested in buying my old setup? Of course that's assuming the entire system can be removed (including the pieces you've mentioned) and successfully installed into another car.
Old 06-29-15, 06:26 PM
aptoslexus
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Hey PD,

Once I complete my factory navi swap-out do you think there would be anyone interested in buying my old setup? Of course that's assuming the entire system can be removed (including the pieces you've mentioned) and successfully installed into another car.
Check your PMs.
Old 03-23-17, 02:34 PM
redsworld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help. Wanting to take complete navi system out and install in Toyota 4runner

Can someone tell me what all I need to take out of the 98 Lexus gs400 to make the navi system work in a 00 Toyota 4runner? I'm pretty good with wiring I build conversion harnesses for 3.0 to 3.4 swaps so I'm sure I can wire it in. What component's will I need to remove from the car to make the navi system work? Any help is much appreciated
Old 06-05-17, 09:35 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Any actual real success story with removing the oem navigation screen and replacing it with a non nav hvac?

i am looking to do the conversion myself but would like more info. Thanks.
Old 06-07-17, 11:30 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yoitskenn
Any actual real success story with removing the oem navigation screen and replacing it with a non nav hvac?

i am looking to do the conversion myself but would like more info. Thanks.
Send Hiroshi12 a PM I believe he did the conversion with in the last year or so.
Old 01-03-18, 04:16 PM
neilprasad
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The LCD on my stock nav unit started acting out. I'm getting a double din unit to replace it. I already swapped in a HVAC unit from a non-nav LS and it is working absolutely fine. I also purchased a (used) Beatsonic SLA-22 harness adapter. The problem is my nav system stereo connectors are not the same as the standard non-nav pioneer stereo so the beatsonic connector does not fit.

Has anyone successfully converted their stock nav to aftermarket double din or even to factory non-nav setup? I've read countless threads but no one seems to state a solution to this? One person did mention to replace the harness from the amp to the stereo to the standard connectors but unsure. Is there a harness from the non-nav LS that I can swap to make this work? Thanks.

Edit: I just read Hiroshi12's thread and looks like I have to give it to the stereo shop to make it work unless there is another way around it.

Last edited by neilprasad; 01-03-18 at 04:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Navigation 98 LS400