LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Procarparts tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-02, 02:47 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Procarparts tail lights

Check this out...anyone else had this problem? That is how I recieved it

This is only on 1 out of 4 parts and they are taking good care of me so it's all good.
Old 07-12-02, 04:32 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine yesterday, and that stuff is on two of the pieces. I didn't contact them, I thought it would just get cleaned off. Did you try to clean it?
Are they going to replace the parts?
Old 07-12-02, 06:10 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

they will replace the part. I am not sure if yours is the same but on mine the damage is on the insideof the light. Basically the red transparent tape inside the lamp is damaged. They will replace the part and pay for the shipping.
Old 07-12-02, 11:19 PM
rsg
Pole Position

So all you had to do was send them the pic?
Old 07-12-02, 11:54 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Take a couple of pics of the taillights and send it to this e-mail: procar_adm@yahoo.com
also include the explanation that you recieved them damaged.

Here is the reply:

-----------------------
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the pictures. We will be sending you a prepaid return
label
to send back the defective lights. Unfortunately since this is a
manufacture defect we will not be sending you a replacement instead we
will be issuing you a full refund.

When you ship back the lights please label on the front of the box
big and
bold: RM#2002362 That way when it comes to us we will not refuse the
package.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your
understanding.

Thanks, have a great day!

salley
procarparts.com
email support
----------------------------

Good luck
Old 07-13-02, 01:11 AM
rsg
Pole Position

Oh I thought they would be sending a replacement not a refund. That sucks. I only have a slight problem with the left center piece. They do not list this part on their website and they don't post them on eBay anymore. I'll probably just stick with it, the damage is not as bad as yours. So are you going to return them and stick with your old taillights or will you be looking for other ones?
Old 07-13-02, 04:04 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I'll get my cash back and buy another set but I will stress that they checked their stuff before they ship it to me.
Old 07-13-02, 05:11 AM
GA400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

retrodrive,

that is a bummer. I was going to be buying clear bumper lights for the front and the rear lights like you got from these guys in the next couple of weeks. I may look for a different source now. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hate bad shopping experiences and will go far, far out of my way to avoid them. BTW - thanks for the info on the retrodrive web site about suspension. It helped me decide on the Tokico shocks - I was torn between factory (cheapest), Monroe Sensatrac, KYB, or Tokico.

GA400
Old 07-13-02, 12:08 PM
BHC
Driver

First of all I am not related to procarparts. I just wanna say out of their defense AND for your best interests that they are a good company. I've bought both the front corners and taillights from them, all in excellent condition. Why I say for your best interest? They've got the best prices on those 2 specific parts for the LS whether thru Ebay or their websites. As far as the taillights go, where in the world are you gonna find 2/3 red whites for 139?? Even tho retro got defective parts, look at how well their customer service is takin care of him. just my $.02
Old 07-13-02, 03:48 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Yeah, with this customer service I would buy from them again. Also if you are considering the clear corners, there is nothing there to screw up so they should be fine.

P.S. That suspension section is a little half assed since I can not read japanese and can't post some more coilovers and such
Old 07-13-02, 07:05 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

BHC and retrodrive,

Thanks for the correction on procarparts service. I was misunderstanding retrodrive's post stating that he was sending the stuff back to mean that he was unhappy with them. You are both right, if they admit to having screwed up and fix it to your satisfaction, that is great customer service.

Thanks,

GA400
Old 07-14-02, 10:57 PM
rsg
Pole Position

I'll let you guys know what they say to me regarding the one defective tail light part they sent me. Sent email yesterday but they are probably not open over the weekend. But I got to say, these taillights look nice, other than the small problem I have.
Old 07-14-02, 11:31 PM
FusionMan79
Driver

Seems the red and white tails have been removed from Procarparts. I guess they're not selling them anymore or they're awaiting replacements for the damaged ones? I'm curious retrodrive, you say that the tape on the inside is messed up. Do you think it's possible to remove the tape and have clear tails? It would be a pretty cheap alternative to all the other sites selling full clears if they ever go back on sale. BTW here's a site that has the 2/3 for a bit more money. http://www.i-m-racing.com/redjdmstylta.html
Old 07-15-02, 08:58 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I doubt that would be easy to do. You would probably damage the plastic on the light removing the tape.
Old 07-15-02, 02:11 PM
rsg
Pole Position

I doubt they pulled it because of the problem. I emailed them asking why it was not there and they said they are awaiting another shipment. They probably offered you a refund because all of them had the same problem and they are going to just sell it to another person.
Well I guess I am just weary of sites that I don't have a lot of experience with...got ripped off a couple of times.

Quick Reply: Procarparts tail lights