LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How would these look?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-09, 06:13 AM
renato902
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would these look?

I'm looking to buy some wheels in the near future. I wanted to know what you guys would think these would look like on my car:

ASA GT1s:

Here's my car:

What do you think? or ?
Old 10-22-09, 06:32 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

somewhere in between, perfectly average. they don't really fit the style of the car imo, but they are not bad lookings wheels.
Old 10-22-09, 06:55 AM
renato902
Pole Position

I'm not sure how they'd look, maybe slightly on the sporty side but I don't think they'd look that bad. The price is reasonable and I heard ASA made fairly good rims. I think they'd look even better if my LS were monotone with clear bumper lenses and red/clears in the back. It's getting a drop on Megans next spring . Thanks for the quick feedback man
Old 10-22-09, 08:29 AM
fourthmeal
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Well you can always plant them on TireRack and see for yourself at least with a side view. IMO, I like the machined with anthracite finished models more than the bright silver on a car like yours.

It is going to look a whole lot like an MRR GT1 wheel without the lip. Not a bad thing, though the offset is extremely conservative.

BTW, I talked with the "wheeldude" guy here on CL, the one who sells Linea Corse. He said the Dyna (which looks similar) would be a perfect fit in a relatively low offset for a more flush look...and you can do staggered if you want as well. The LM also fits perfectly, but the look may or may not be what you wanted.
Old 10-22-09, 01:33 PM
renato902
Pole Position

Thanks for the help fourthmeal I will consider the Linea Corse but since I'm on a bit of a tight budget, the ASA GT1s fall right into my price range. On Tirerack, they're $166 each. I'm not necessarily looking for a VIP look, but I want it too look classy nonetheless. How much would the Dynas set me back?
Old 10-22-09, 01:45 PM
fourthmeal
Intermediate

Originally Posted by renato902
Thanks for the help fourthmeal I will consider the Linea Corse but since I'm on a bit of a tight budget, the ASA GT1s fall right into my price range. On Tirerack, they're $166 each. I'm not necessarily looking for a VIP look, but I want it too look classy nonetheless. How much would the Dynas set me back?
Here's the message I dredged up from Zoeb's communication with me:

Do the Dynas or Lemans interest you?

I have them in 19x8.5 +15 / 19x10 +20

Let me know

Zoeb

I think there are group buy or at least CL vendor level discounts going on.

IMO, nothing at all wrong with going through tire rack, but keep in mind that the offset will be very conservative. This is frustrating because the wheels really set off the look of the car when it is "just right", IMO.
Old 10-23-09, 07:56 AM
renato902
Pole Position

Well, I quite like the Lemans but the size might be too big, or am I wrong? What do I need to do to make 19x10s fit on my 95 LS? I assume I need to roll and pull my fenders.. Tire wise, what would be the optimal size, I don't want them too stretched because my mom drives it sometimes and I know she's notorius for curb scratches I'm guessing 245/40/19 in front and 275/35/19 in the back I`m guessing they`d set me back about $300 per wheel but I could be wrong. Keep me posted fourth :

Thanks for all the info
Old 10-23-09, 09:06 AM
fourthmeal
Intermediate

Originally Posted by renato902
Well, I quite like the Lemans but the size might be too big, or am I wrong? What do I need to do to make 19x10s fit on my 95 LS? I assume I need to roll and pull my fenders.. Tire wise, what would be the optimal size, I don't want them too stretched because my mom drives it sometimes and I know she's notorius for curb scratches I'm guessing 245/40/19 in front and 275/35/19 in the back I`m guessing they`d set me back about $300 per wheel but I could be wrong. Keep me posted fourth :

Thanks for all the info
Well I don't have all the answers...I don't even have an LS yet so you are ahead of me in that respect. I just have lots of experience with others cars designing wheel, tire, and suspension packages so I'm transferring that knowledge to the LS and applying it here. I'm also applying what PD, and all the other "elders" of this forum have taught me and others.

I do know an LS will fit 19x10 all day long, but Zoeb at wheeldude will probably be able to guide you to the perfect fit. I myself am probably going with LM's when I get my LS (probably the same week as the purchase.) I'm going with exactly the suggestion he emailed me.

For tire/wheel guidance, I always use this site for fitment help:
http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

But ask Zoeb what's right for your car. I bet the fitments he emailed me that I posted to you above will work perfectly. Any elders agree?
Old 10-23-09, 09:25 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

those sizes won't be a problem in themself if you want them to fit. there's a fairly diverse range of owner's and tolerances so it's hard to say. if your goals include fitment and a low stance you could make them work with a mild stretch, rolled/shaved fenders, and some camber.

i'm actually putting on a new set of wheels as soon as my tires get here (today) that spec out effectively very similar so i can show you pretty much what you'd be looking at.

if your goals are more conservaitve there will be a balance between ride height and tire size (higher = wider, lower = stretch). expect a roll/shave either way just because the width/offset will be very flush.

there are a lot of variables so i find the best way when dealing with an unknown car is to find a fitment you like and mimick it. minor adjustments can be made for wheel selection size limitations and/or fine tuning.
Old 10-23-09, 10:42 AM
fourthmeal
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
those sizes won't be a problem in themself if you want them to fit. there's a fairly diverse range of owner's and tolerances so it's hard to say. if your goals include fitment and a low stance you could make them work with a mild stretch, rolled/shaved fenders, and some camber.

i'm actually putting on a new set of wheels as soon as my tires get here (today) that spec out effectively very similar so i can show you pretty much what you'd be looking at.

if your goals are more conservaitve there will be a balance between ride height and tire size (higher = wider, lower = stretch). expect a roll/shave either way just because the width/offset will be very flush.

there are a lot of variables so i find the best way when dealing with an unknown car is to find a fitment you like and mimick it. minor adjustments can be made for wheel selection size limitations and/or fine tuning.
Exactly and I'll be watching too, because I'm in the same boat.
Old 10-23-09, 03:21 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

this has 4mm more poke than a 10 +20. 9.5j +10, 235/40-18, 3.5ish* camber. had to take em back off cause i need to roll the fender flatter tomorrow morning.
Old 10-23-09, 03:27 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

don't roll the rear, its ridiculous. just cut/shave/beltsand and you're better off.
Old 10-23-09, 03:41 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

it's already rolled 75% flat. i always read "don't roll, shave" so i wanted to know exactly why people said it. it's really not that bad, the tabs that hold the liners caused some small issues but i'm going to paint anyway. if i were to do it again knowing what i know now i could do it with no consequences. only time you'll catch me cutting away fender is for flare/radius.
Old 10-24-09, 08:48 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

If you want more a traditional wheel for this car and are on a budget you should look at getting some used wheels. rbwheels.com has a awesome selection on used wheels for under a 800 bucks and they will really set you car off. I plan on buying a set as soon as I check off coilovers on the to do list.

http://www.rbwheels.com/

Example- Euroharts 18x7.5 +35 offset for 699.00. Its usually 80 bucks for shipping anywhere in the US.

http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1807

Or

SSR 18x7.5 +25 offset for 580.00. Dealzzzzzzz.

http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=490

Just don't buy the Wald Duchatelets. I've been eyeballing those for the past 2 months.

Just don't buy the

Last edited by S30ZG; 10-24-09 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-25-09, 02:08 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, you mean those one piece Duchatelet's which are on there for €749?

They dropped a little in price didn't they?

... Dont' worry But if they where 19" I had already bought them

They had the 19" multipiece version too, so I bought these instead

The rims you show in your links to RB are a little narrow (7.5)

Quick Reply: How would these look?