LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Pictures of the Mikado keyless kit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-07, 04:00 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hey do you know if genuine "L" covers would fiton the aftermarket key? or if i could transplant the transmitter into an OEM key replacement?
like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...spagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...spagenameZWDVW
that would be cool.

Hahaha! i like the romulan cloaking device personally. I'd settle for the OEM chirp though.
Old 09-27-07, 04:47 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avalon42
Yea, the sound definitely needs to be worked on. I was going to ask Sammy which wires were to the speakers, and maybe wire up something different. Maybe program something off SciFi...like a cloaking device or that sound that the TIE FIGHTER makes when it roars by...
You'll want it to make this noise when you unlock the door
Old 09-27-07, 10:19 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermactor
You'll want it to make this noise when you unlock the door
Yea, but the signal to unlock/lock the doors will be the same. So it would do that when you lock the doors too.

Speaking of which, I'm kinda wondering why they haven't marketed movie themes in cars. I think that would be awesome. I'd get the Xena edition of the LS.
Old 10-16-07, 11:56 AM
sdholden
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way someone could post the installation directions? Just so I know what I'm getting into...
Old 12-21-07, 07:45 AM
RxG300
Driver

...just curious, but does this work for the 92 SC300??? i really dont want to spend $450 for two remote keys from my dealer. =/
Old 12-21-07, 09:37 AM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Contact Sammy, he'll be able to tell you.

http://www.sammywu.com
Old 12-21-07, 11:32 AM
RxG300
Driver

Originally Posted by avalon42
Contact Sammy, he'll be able to tell you.

http://www.sammywu.com
lol. thanks. i did right after i posted that, thinking he wouldnt email me back, and he did. lol. i specifically asked about a 92 sc300, and all he gave was a price quote...so im guessing it will work...?

im just slightly concerned about this bad sounding chirp people keep talking about! does anyone have a sound clip? haha.
Old 12-21-07, 01:36 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

its not a terrible sound. I'll live. You can turn it off too.
Old 12-21-07, 10:07 PM
RxG300
Driver

lol. alright. i just like the way the original beep sounded... is there no way to just enable the original sound? i'm in contact with Sammy right as i type this, and it looks like my kit is going to be $145 with shipping and two keys.

i really hope this will work out, and i can somehow get the Lexus logo on the back of the keys, otherwise my friends will never let me live it down. lol. =)
Old 12-22-07, 12:42 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone by chance have a viper alarm system? Because I want to install a perimeter alarm on my car, but i dont want that silly-*** alarm tone going off.

Is there anyway the installer can keep the original siren and chirp while installing an aftermarket alarm? I think those aftermarket alarm systems are annoying and make the car sound cheap when they go off.
Old 12-22-07, 08:34 AM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Does anyone by chance have a viper alarm system? Because I want to install a perimeter alarm on my car, but i dont want that silly-*** alarm tone going off.

Is there anyway the installer can keep the original siren and chirp while installing an aftermarket alarm? I think those aftermarket alarm systems are annoying and make the car sound cheap when they go off.
yes, inside the sirens they have wires you can snip to have them do certain tones only. my sirens had like one screw to open, when you open them there is 1 little wire loop per tone on the circuit board, i think there are 5 or 7... cant remember. anyway you just cut the wire loop and the siren wont play that tone anymore... mine have all but one snipped, reallly freaking loud
Old 08-15-08, 03:46 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Default Update On This Kit..

Well, 1 year and 2 months the unit decided to start chirping and not respond to any input whatsoever. The receiver would not reset at all.

I contacted Mikado/Sammy for tech support. Apparently, this is the first time they heard of this problem.

They gave me a deal of 50% on a replacement receiver (1/2 of $35.00). I'm going to get it because I'm stuck with their two keys, but this had made me wary of the possible longevity of their kit.

You've been warned.
Old 08-15-08, 04:02 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

how long was the warranty?

i think personally its a load of crap that they ask for even half when its so obviously a manufacturer defect.
Old 08-15-08, 06:29 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
how long was the warranty?

i think personally its a load of crap that they ask for even half when its so obviously a manufacturer defect.
That's the thing. I called in Mikado to find get some tech support, turns out the guy (Sammy) wasn't there. I called back again. He's not there again, but the other guy (Eddie) states that Sammy needs to know how long ago I bought it. I say a year, and then leave my contact number. No one calls back.

Finally, I call again and then Sammy is there. He states that because its been over a year, he can't cover the item. Didn't even bother to troubleshoot. I ask him if I could send in my existing unit for them to take a look. He said they can, but they charge 1/2 hour at $30-40hr and then the item is only warrantied for 30 days after that.

He took great offense when I asked him why the unit only lasted for 1 year 2 months. I just find it extremely inconsiderate and convenient for them to sell me another without any troubleshooting or support. But, I guess that's my own fault, because I was looking for the best deal possible. We'll see if it lasts another year before calling it quits.

AND, to top it all off, I referred a LOT of you guys and gals to them, which I am starting to regret.
Old 08-16-08, 09:38 AM
omarg
Lead Lap

mine stopped working a month ago! he told me mine wasnt covered either.

I'm really pissed because this was the only OEM style remote key, and relatively cheap too..
oh well

he's a complete liar about the First time hearing this problem because mine does the same thing and i told him. chirps every couple seconds and doesnt respond to remote inputs.

its been less than a year! AGH!!!!! god@mnit!!

Last edited by omarg; 08-16-08 at 09:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Pictures of the Mikado keyless kit...