ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   Pictures of the Mikado keyless kit... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/281656-pictures-of-the-mikado-keyless-kit.html)

avalon42 05-12-07 07:17 PM

Pictures of the Mikado keyless kit...

...hi, does anyone here have pictures of the Mikado Technologies keyless entry kit? (the one that comes with the new chip and two keys with trunk entry)?

I wanted to see how OEM the keys looked, and how involved the install is...did a search, did not see any actual pics...

Thanks in advance.

avalon42 06-11-07 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the kit installed today. Just thought some folks might want to see some pics.

avalon42 06-11-07 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the full kit.

Key/Transmitter = $50 per key
Remote Receiver = $35
Cut by VIN # = $5 per key
Shipping = $10.00

Mikado tells me you can program up to 6 keys. I am very happy with the kit, only two complaints is that the chirping for the kit is not very nice and no mounting bracket for the receiver unit. Other than that, I'm happy I can open my trunk and doors without the key being inserted each time.

LiCelsior 06-11-07 07:40 PM

expensive kit? hard to DIY?

avalon42 06-11-07 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by LiCelsior (Post 2686442)
expensive kit? hard to DIY?

Not pricey at all, check my above post for prices. I just installed in under 20 minutes flat now that I know where to go and what to do, probably less than 10 minutes. Definitely DIY. Comes with directions too. :thumbup:

Suneet 06-11-07 08:22 PM

Man, if I had known this was available I would have bought this instead of my $300 Clifford alarm w/ remote start.

But that thing did save me and tell me when the chimney hit my car, so I guess it was worth the money, and everything happens for a reason :)

And I have remote start. :woot:

avalon42 06-11-07 08:39 PM

Yea, I was looking at a Viper system with a similar setup, I figured go cheap and close to OEM as possible. It's pretty nice all things considered, and you can't get a key cut for a Lexus for $5, so far as I can tell (I've tried Walmart already too).

PureDrifter 06-11-07 08:41 PM

my local dealer cut it for $3...i used crown lexus.

avalon42 06-11-07 09:32 PM

thats a deal, i asked around and couldn't find anyone who would do it for less than $15 per key...is there any reason why everything is more expensive for 90-94s? :p

jasonm 06-11-07 09:48 PM

Where does one purchase the kit?
Does this add on to the factory alarm or replace it.

PureDrifter 06-11-07 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jasonm (Post 2686796)
Where does one purchase the kit?
Does this add on to the factory alarm or replace it.

yea, got a link?

omarg 06-12-07 12:25 AM

avalon! i love you! i've been looking for this kit FOREVER. They used to have t on ebay but it disappeared. So for $100 i can get an awesome better than oem setup. SCORE.

avalon42 06-12-07 06:42 AM

http://www.sammywu.com/

They don't have any pictures up of the kit (strange), which is why I was hesitant before to order it. I emailed Sammy several times before I finally called him up and asked him for it. The order turnaround was FAST though. I got mine the 2nd day after I ordered it.

The kit replaces the factory receiver unit and works with the existing system. So yes, your remote on/off switch will work with this unit and the factory alarm). The trunk popper needs to have a cable run through the left trunk hinge and to the actuator. The alarm has to be disabled/unlock before you can use the trunk popper.

Yea, omarg, no Ebay auctions anymore. I guess they got sick of the insertion fees (I sure as hell am).

I paid $160 total for 2 cut keys, receiver, and shipping, plus saved cuz I installed it myself...it is very easy, kit comes with detailed instructions.

omarg 09-27-07 02:54 PM

i finally got my mikado kit. I love it.

I only wish the key had an "L" on it and the lock/unlock beep sounded prettier. otherwise its an awesome choice.

Pretty much oem feeling. Nothing comes close!

avalon42 09-27-07 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by omarg (Post 2946158)

the lock/unlock beep sounded prettier. otherwise its an awesome choice.

Yea, the sound definitely needs to be worked on. I was going to ask Sammy which wires were to the speakers, and maybe wire up something different. Maybe program something off SciFi...like a cloaking device or that sound that the TIE FIGHTER makes when it roars by...:p