LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

You think you got problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-06, 09:45 PM
601LEXTACY
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You think you got problems

Well good morning friends of the ever so popular lexus forum. First off let me thank you guys for the tons of money you have helped me save over the years and the tons of mechanincs you have helped me **** off. Now with that being said here is my issue for 2007. Yes 2007 because 2006 is almost over. My first generation 1991 ls 4 has seen better days. It has went from a trophy winning show car to a 2 tone monster. Thanks to a miracle worker of a mechanic I saved it from a masssive head on collision that warped the frame and thanks to some ingenius friends of mine who do my engine work, I received a new right side suspenion thanks to a freak racing accident where i catapulted the 400 about 4 feet in the air. But I managed to keep it from flipping but I broke a 17 inch chrome wheel completely off the hub. Problem 1. My front suspension is shot. It looks like I am im driving a funny car. It sits about 4 inches off the ground. And the *** end rides at regular height. That sounds like struts but im not sure. All I know is that the ride is rough as hell and I am starting to hate it. Stock wheels on it by the way. Problem 2. I keep buying new front tires every month. I was told this was an alignment prolem. Ok. Thats an easy fix. But what the use in getting an alignment and the struts are gone to ****. Problem 3. Front strut bushings are gone and need to be replaced. Where can I get em at a good price. Problem 4. When I make a left hand turn when I almost have the wheel turned to maximum tilt I get this strange wobbling sensation from the right side, passenger side of the car, like some lugnuts are loose or something. But after checking I see that they are all tight as hell. What might this problem be. I need you guys on this one. As you can see in the pic my days of show car glory are gone and I want them back dammit. Let me know what I need to do. And no buying a new one is out of the question. Until the get the 460l In mississippi I am sticking with ol faithful. She's a rider. And I need her. On a good note though everything under the hood is beautiful. K & N air filter keeps all the good horses happy. Just gotta fix the AC Compressor. Anyone know a good quailty one. And by the way. why does the dam high pressure power steering hose cost so much. I dont plan on fixing this since I stopped filling it with fluid and running through altenators every 3 and a half months.

Sincerely Yours'
601Lextacy

Last edited by 601LEXTACY; 12-18-06 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-19-06, 05:25 AM
pito
Lead Lap

Wow.

You are dedicated my man. Good for you. I'll tell you right now the cheapest I found the strut rod bushing was about $130. I'll see where I wrote it down at and post it up.

As far as the horrible alignment there are so many possibilities. Tierods both inner and outer, ball joints both upper and lower to name a few. But you have busted shocks as well adding extra stress to other components that will increase wear and tear.

I'm going to go with the fact that you will have to replace at the minimum all the tie rods and ball joints then do the shocks. How bad are your strut rod bushings. I have one that is real bad and when you press the brakes the car pulls. I though it was a caliper problem but traced it to the bad bushing allowing the left wheel to move!!!!
Old 12-19-06, 07:50 AM
601LEXTACY
Driver

Well it doesnt pull but my enging guys told me that the one on the driver side was worn out. And what is that wobbling sensation I get everytime I make a hard left turn. What could that possibly be.
Old 12-19-06, 09:11 AM
pito
Lead Lap

You would have to check into the rest of your suspension to narrow that down. I would suggest getting them to look at your upper and lower ball joints and inner and outer tie rods. You sound like you have some serious front end work to do.
Old 12-19-06, 09:42 AM
601LEXTACY
Driver

Ok. I will do that. Also the rear passenger wheel feels like its grinding or something when I come to a hard stop. Any idea what this could be.