Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

People With HID Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 09:42 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question People With HID Foglights

To all the people with HID foglights, if you can go back in time, would you do this mod again? I am been conteplating about this mod for awhile now. I saw a CLK with HID fogs the other day and it looked SWEET ! I am getting my rims early next spring or when the snow season comes to an end, but I am ITCHING for a mod right now. Some may say its a waste of money but isn't modding a car generally a waste of money? Thanks guys !
Old 10-20-03, 12:09 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Arrow

I dont have mine in the fogs yet but I sure will be doing so soon. It gives the front a more ballanced look. And you can always do BananaGs' mod too!!
Old 10-20-03, 12:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am one of the few here with hid fogs, and if i have to do it again, i would have done it without a second though. with my 6000k hid headlights, the old yellow fogs were ridiculously dim compared to the headlights. you could see the yellow but it's not clear at all from away. now with the hid yellow fogs, from far away you know i got 4 eyes on ya
Old 10-20-03, 02:14 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

You can always get projector yellow fog lights if HID's are not available.
Old 10-20-03, 03:10 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking about projection too but I can still get HID kits and I want to be totally sure of this before pissing away $500. Rominl, how many compliments have you gotten with the HID fogs? I bet onlookers give you a second or maybe a third glance eh?
Old 10-20-03, 03:16 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Arrow

You're paying $500 for a HID kit for your fogs?
Old 10-20-03, 05:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking about projection too but I can still get HID kits and I want to be totally sure of this before pissing away $500. Rominl, how many compliments have you gotten with the HID fogs? I bet onlookers give you a second or maybe a third glance eh?
yeah i get a lot of fingers too j/k. people do think my car is crazy. i can literally light up 3 lanes or so on the freeway at night, and people always ask why my lights are so darn bright

500 bucks for hid kits, it's a bit high but since they are banned now, i guess it's ok
Old 10-20-03, 09:32 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i have projector hid fog lights. i wouldn't do it again. the fogs are just too low and they only light up the immediate are in front of the car. i can barely tell if my fog lights are when i'm inside the car because my 5 series low beam retrofit is soo bright. i think all you need is just good low beams. i would spend the 500 extra "costmetic" money else where thats more functionable.
Old 10-21-03, 12:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Jmai22
i have projector hid fog lights. i wouldn't do it again. the fogs are just too low and they only light up the immediate are in front of the car. i can barely tell if my fog lights are when i'm inside the car because my 5 series low beam retrofit is soo bright. i think all you need is just good low beams. i would spend the 500 extra "costmetic" money else where thats more functionable.
is it coz' of the way the fogs aim? on my gs4, when i only had halogen, i could never tell if my fogs were on. but now inside the car, i can clearly see the "yellow" area close to the car, and specially to the side

also, the housing makes huge difference too. the foglights housing on the GS is perfect for hid fogs coz' of the reflecting wide angle design. the fogs on the is3 is plain useless to put in hid fogs coz' it's projective housing design and with hid, it's just too hard to make it brighter
Old 10-21-03, 06:41 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 220 Likes on 122 Posts

Take a look at these pics of my 6000K HID fogs and previous 4300K low beam HID's. (I have not taken new pics with my low beams just upgraded to 6000K). Would I do it again? A resounding YES!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3
Old 10-21-03, 08:58 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Yeah $500 was the last quote I got before it was banned ($480 to be exact). I dunno how much it is now. Hameed, those pics are nice, kinda big but you definately made your point . Well I dunno what other cosmetic mods I should spend it on. Beside a bodykit, I was thinking the UGO roof spoiler, but like people said in this thread, the HID fogs really complete the look of the front. Oh what to do what to do?!

How much you think these kits go for now?
Old 10-21-03, 09:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Yeah $500 was the last quote I got before it was banned ($480 to be exact). I dunno how much it is now. Hameed, those pics are nice, kinda big but you definately made your point . Well I dunno what other cosmetic mods I should spend it on. Beside a bodykit, I was thinking the UGO roof spoiler, but like people said in this thread, the HID fogs really complete the look of the front. Oh what to do what to do?!

How much you think these kits go for now?
~$500.00 is what these kits are going for now. Try jus4bulbs@yahoo.com - I got my 6000K HID bulbs for the low beams from him. Fast response to emails and fast delivery of product!! Great guy!
I have not posted up any pics yet with the 6000K HID's in the low beams.
Old 10-23-03, 06:52 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
~$500.00 is what these kits are going for now. Try jus4bulbs@yahoo.com - I got my 6000K HID bulbs for the low beams from him. Fast response to emails and fast delivery of product!! Great guy!
I have not posted up any pics yet with the 6000K HID's in the low beams.
Thanks Hameed, any cops give ya any problems with the fogs yet? Any drivers or pedestrians give you funny looks?
Old 10-23-03, 07:36 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks Hameed, any cops give ya any problems with the fogs yet? Any drivers or pedestrians give you funny looks?
Nope none whatsoever. If anything people gawk at the car more with a very high degree of NSF (Neck snapping factor)
Old 10-23-03, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

\

never a problem with cops, as long as you aim right, it just lights up more, not glaring more

Quick Reply: People With HID Foglights