Lexus ISF with custom modified headlights by WiseDetailz

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-18, 06:44 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Lexus ISF with custom modified headlights by WiseDetailz

Just wanted to post up my recently added lights to upgrade my 2008 ISF:

2008 Lexus ISF modified with aftermarket headlights made by Aaron at Wise Detailz.
His instagram is @wisedetailz and mine is @russiancarguy if you're into that.

Goal was to upgrade to the newer 2011+ style lights, but upgrade both light output as well as add a few custom touches for car shows. Aaron was a great resource and had a quick turnaround time on these. Hit him up with any questions!

Setup is as below:
Depo Halogen ISF lights upgraded with:
Sequential turn signals with better quality strips
Halo rings with option of yellow turn signals also(have them only on white).
Upgraded from halogen to HID projector with custom bracket for it.
Upgraded STI-R lens with custom honeycomb and "F" logo etching.
Upgraded Phillips 6k D4S bulb Ceramic coating and upgraded harnesses as well.
Show mode: Demon eyes RGB color changing option in both the LED strip and the projector lens, controlled via bluetooth app.
Taillights are smoked red Vland tails, still loving them!
Fog lights are 2014 ISF style LED off eBay, wingate brand I think, were $77 shipped.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusfanVA:
GunnyFitz (12-06-18), sm1ke (01-29-19)
Old 12-03-18, 07:32 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

That looks really nice and the car looks awesome!
The following users liked this post:
LexusfanVA (12-04-18)
Old 12-04-18, 08:52 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
That looks really nice and the car looks awesome!
Thanks! Much appreciated!
Old 12-04-18, 11:23 AM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah these are absolutely awesome! Dare I ask how much?
Old 12-05-18, 10:55 AM
captainva
Instructor

Do you ever go to Katie's? I'd love to check the car out if you're going to be there some time
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (12-06-18)
Old 12-05-18, 11:29 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patton6964
Yeah these are absolutely awesome! Dare I ask how much?
It really depends on what you want done. I had a lot of upgrades for reliability and minor touches. My set was a discounted price but under $1800 all in with install and the depo lights included. Wasn't too bad considering the OEM seem to sell used for $1300-1600.
Old 12-05-18, 11:31 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Do you ever go to Katie's? I'd love to check the car out if you're going to be there some time
I try to make it out 2x a year, it's just a bit hard coming from Annapolis, have to get up at like 5 in order to park there around 7. I will try to make it out there this Saturday if the weather is nice, but I'll also be in Rockville area around 10am getting the car worked on. Feel free to stop by or PM me
Old 12-06-18, 06:15 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

Now that looks hot as hell. Use of those lights would get me pulled over in a second here in VA. (The Colored ones I mean) I'm definitely in the market for something that enables me to see better at night. These Stock lights are not only angled too low, but IMHO are not bright enough whatsoever! Can't justify driving that far to spend what I assume to be a lot of money?

Was just going to ask where you're located in MD- but see its way up in Annapolis! Its been a few months since I've been to Katies in Great Falls too. Last time I was there I had the only RCF in the entire parking lot complex, which I was shocked about. Seeing the lines of Shelby's, Chargers, and American Muscle Cars made me feel all the more unique.
Muffinizer - Are you closer to NOVA at all? Ever go out to Dulles Landing Meets every Sunday am? Up until a couple weeks ago I was the only RCF there too. Someone has a Molten Orange one,and I waited around for awhile to find out who it was. Never got to find out who owns it.
Old 12-06-18, 10:12 AM
captainva
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
I try to make it out 2x a year, it's just a bit hard coming from Annapolis, have to get up at like 5 in order to park there around 7. I will try to make it out there this Saturday if the weather is nice, but I'll also be in Rockville area around 10am getting the car worked on. Feel free to stop by or PM me
That's a long drive for you indeed. If the weather is good I'll make sure I'm there to check out your car if you make it. Send me a PM and let me know

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Now that looks hot as hell. Use of those lights would get me pulled over in a second here in VA. (The Colored ones I mean) I'm definitely in the market for something that enables me to see better at night. These Stock lights are not only angled too low, but IMHO are not bright enough whatsoever! Can't justify driving that far to spend what I assume to be a lot of money?

Was just going to ask where you're located in MD- but see its way up in Annapolis! Its been a few months since I've been to Katies in Great Falls too. Last time I was there I had the only RCF in the entire parking lot complex, which I was shocked about. Seeing the lines of Shelby's, Chargers, and American Muscle Cars made me feel all the more unique.
Muffinizer - Are you closer to NOVA at all? Ever go out to Dulles Landing Meets every Sunday am? Up until a couple weeks ago I was the only RCF there too. Someone has a Molten Orange one,and I waited around for awhile to find out who it was. Never got to find out who owns it.
I live in Arlington so way inside the beltway and I've never been to the South Riding meet up. Just Katie's. I'll try to check that out one weekend
Old 12-06-18, 10:41 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz

Just to be clear, the color changing mode is strictly for show only, I definitely don't drive with them on . My regular driving is just the strip and halo on, or strip/halo/low beams. And yeah, F cars are rare at cars and coffee's I have found, heck even younger crowd shows, the only F cars that show are locals I've met through CL or the FB groups. Always less than a handful.

As far as better lighting options, not sure what I could recommend for the RCF, don't they have both HID and the LED ones? Perhaps a better bulb would help? I'd hope the LED ones would be top of the line. I use $160 Phillips D4S bulbs in my HID's.
Old 02-11-19, 12:49 PM
bmwboyee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you want to sell your old lights? I'm looking to do a retrofit and would like a spare set to do it.
Old 02-12-19, 05:08 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by bmwboyee
Do you want to sell your old lights? I'm looking to do a retrofit and would like a spare set to do it.
Appreciate the interest but keeping the stock lights. Would rather sell these upgraded ones later when I sell the car in a year or so.