Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights
Sponsored by:

Reliable DRL/High Beam Bulbs

Old 12-19-18, 12:41 PM
jhbarbwire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Propulsion View Post

Sorry, forgot to mention the highbeam functionality will not work with these LED DRLs... For me it was a minor trade off after trying 3 different sets with poor results. I never use my highbeams anyway and I just switch them out for the state inspection tags which are every 2yrs. Keeping the highbeam functionality with LED will require kits and installation that I am not in the mood for. This was a inexpensive plug and play that performs wonderfully for my Lexus GS.

If you want to keep your highbeam functionality I believe one of the vendors (XenonDepot) here on this thread may have some options.
Ahh, good to know.
Old 12-21-18, 08:27 AM
Muffinizer
Lead Lap

The Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 that just came out can also function as high and low beams
The Following User Says Thank You to Muffinizer For This Useful Post:
jhbarbwire (12-21-18)
Old 02-04-19, 07:36 AM
Six862m6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
For those looking for a functioning high beam with daytime running lights then I would recommend the 9005 Xtreme LED Pro Headlight Kit with DRL LED Drivers. With this LED kit the high beams will be up to 30% brighter while allowing the DRL to function in a dimmer mode.

Check out this video from a 4runner which helps demonstrate the lights:
https://youtu.be/xo4kZQR44_k

Danny

Hi Danny, I am seriously considering a set of your 9005 bulbs with the DRL LED drivers for my '10 LS 460. My needs are opposite a lot of people on here in that I live in a rural area and do a lot of driving on country roads where my high beams are actually important/helpful so I need to have (good) functioning high beams. I was looking at LED replacements for their high beam functionality vs the DRL since with the LS I can shut the DRL function off via the menu options. However if you have a system that will work for both (and not be blinding to people during the day as DRLs) then it will be worth the extra $$$ for me to invest in your system. I have a couple of questions for you:

1.) What is the difference between the "XT-LED_9005-PRO" and the "XT-LED-9005XS-PRO"? Does the "XS" stand for extra small?
2.) Can you confirm that these bulbs/drivers will fit inside the LS 460's headlight assembly and still be able to reinstall the factory dust cap?

Thanks!
David

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reliable DRL/High Beam Bulbs

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: