Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

TRS fog light retrofit for ISF fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 08:20 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default TRS fog light retrofit for ISF fog lights

I'm running low on mods that I can do to my ISF and I've put off the lights till last in favor of finishing the performance part first.
On my IS250 and a few of my other cars I have used the DDM Tuning kits. My IS250 was non-hid car and I used the 35w DDM 5000k slim ballast kit in both the low beams and fogs. I was really happy with the color output but cutoff was nothing like my TSX which was to be expected.

Now it's time to get the ISF finished up and as tempting as it is to get a $50 kit to stuff in the fogs I think I want to do something a bit nicer. My goal is to stay with or close to the OEM 4300k since I like the clean white light and it gives good visibility. I have the rest of the car converted to LED including the 194 city lights in the 08' headlamps.
I want to replace the original Low Beam bulbs due to the left side not always firing on the first try, convert the fogs to HID with projectors and swap the DLRs to LED if I get enough light output out of the fogs to be comfortable with sacrificing my high beams.

I was looking at a TRS retro fit kit for the fogs and there D4S: MORIMOTO XENGREEN bulbs.
Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what retro kit would work in my fog light housing, a review on there XENGREEN bulbs, and a good quality DLR kit.

As for the headlamp projectors I am not going to make any changes there for the time being. I am still not sure if I want to keep the 08' housings or go with the 12' housings with the LEDs.
Old 08-29-13, 12:48 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

II’ve done a lot of retrofits in my time so I can chime in a little on what you’re planning. From my personal experience I would go with the Morimoto Minis for the fog lights. However I’m not sure if the fog lights on the IS-F are anything like the 2011-2013 fog lights but if they are then I don’t think these lights have the necessary depth to accommodate the projector and if you do manage to squeeze it in the optical lense will be pushed up right against the fog light lense.
Old 09-20-13, 05:40 AM
dragtek1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...g-mini-h1.html

Personally I would modify the projector a little bit to limit the amount of foreground light, but definitely a great idea, plus these are bi-xenon so you can run LED DRL's and have high beams as well.
Old 09-20-13, 11:37 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm biased
Old 05-20-14, 06:34 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCB
I'm running low on mods that I can do to my ISF and I've put off the lights till last in favor of finishing the performance part first.
On my IS250 and a few of my other cars I have used the DDM Tuning kits. My IS250 was non-hid car and I used the 35w DDM 5000k slim ballast kit in both the low beams and fogs. I was really happy with the color output but cutoff was nothing like my TSX which was to be expected.

Now it's time to get the ISF finished up and as tempting as it is to get a $50 kit to stuff in the fogs I think I want to do something a bit nicer. My goal is to stay with or close to the OEM 4300k since I like the clean white light and it gives good visibility. I have the rest of the car converted to LED including the 194 city lights in the 08' headlamps.
I want to replace the original Low Beam bulbs due to the left side not always firing on the first try, convert the fogs to HID with projectors and swap the DLRs to LED if I get enough light output out of the fogs to be comfortable with sacrificing my high beams.

I was looking at a TRS retro fit kit for the fogs and there D4S: MORIMOTO XENGREEN bulbs.
Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what retro kit would work in my fog light housing, a review on there XENGREEN bulbs, and a good quality DLR kit.

As for the headlamp projectors I am not going to make any changes there for the time being. I am still not sure if I want to keep the 08' housings or go with the 12' housings with the LEDs.
Im with you...was thinking about trying the same thing......so what did you end up doing, and have any pics???
Old 05-22-14, 11:44 AM
9aristo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a retrofit with Ford Fusion fog lights:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...fog-light.html

Last edited by 9aristo; 05-22-14 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-22-14, 04:58 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cool...looks good, never thought of going this route!