Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

XenonDepot bulbs not that great

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 02:50 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Agreed. I just don't feel it's right to state that his email was ignored or not responded too when it clearly was.
Old 01-18-10, 04:46 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
He has the right to post his experience.

If you have a problem with what he is saying, you should probably resolve it via PM.
The OP does have a right to post a review but Steve is also defending his company's rep. The OP made it public so Steve is doing the same. I feel we CL members should all see how this gets resolved. There is two sides to every story.
Old 01-18-10, 07:34 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me say this, to me you are a online distributer, no where do I ever see store hours or any such thing. So to me the consumer a 2-3 day way for a response seems like I am not getting a response. This isn't waiting for rims or a body kit, they are the lights myself and my family members use to drive at night and we depend on it for safety. If they are not working I expect a fast resolution to this issue. Not me having to wait for ur arbitary store hours.

I merely stated my experences with your product and services, please do not try to take any thing away from my post. Furthermore I simply wished to share and warn other CL members, you should have PM me for any issues you may have had with my thread rather than share our emails with each other tithe world. So much for customer privacy.
Old 01-18-10, 07:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

weespeed,

I understand your disappointment and we welcome feedback posts on vendor experiences good and bad.

To be fair if this was such an urgent issue, you should have called and emailed in addition to PMing him. Using the PM feature - especially during the holidays when people take time off from work - and expecting immediate turnaround from a PM is IMO quite unreasonable. I also think he made a decent compromise in offering to get you replacements at cost.... I'd have taken that deal.

I suspect if you and Steve agreed to a more accurate description of what you think the product issue is vs the communication issue via PM, we could clean this thread up some.
Old 01-19-10, 08:14 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

weespeed,

By calling the phone number listed on the website you will hear our hours of operation. I do apologize that you experienced a problem with the product however my hands are tied as the product is out of warranty.

I agree with you about PM being the best option. Unfortunately, it was your decision to post on the board. Again, I am not taking anything away from the fact that you experienced a problem with the product. I will not however let you state that we ignored your issue and did not respond to you when we clearly did. If you would like, I would be more than happy to give you a call to try and resolve this issue.

Steve
Old 01-19-10, 10:04 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i will respect daves wishes to keep this thread clean. But i will just let you know XD this has nothing to do with you in this case not replacing the bulbs for me or any thing like that. i am not asking you to make a exception and replace my product out of warranty or any thing like that. in fact if that were offered to me, i would kindly reject that option.

i just wanted to let other CL members know what they are getting into, and i wanted to share my experiences from my point of view. (i will emphasize from my point of view.) i will no longer post any more replies onto this thread. i believe this will just give a second opinion to prospective customers and let them know another story that isn't all rainbows and butterflies, like the ones usually told about XD
Old 01-19-10, 12:51 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, I don't mean that I disagree with what you were attempting to do.
I completely sympathize and think that if he is making inaccurate statements then they should definitely be corrected.

It just doesn't look so good on you to do so in a "na-ah, yes-huh" post in a thread.

Thats why I suggested PM, and if further escalation was needed, involve a moderator.

cheers!
Old 01-20-10, 12:10 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^if OP didn't want steve to defend himself, he should have done it through PM in the first place. if it were my company, i would defend it to the grave. nobody wants bad publicity for their business.

it should have stayed in pm in the first place anyways. but now that it's out, it's an open discussion.

i don't want to seem biased, but i've had nothing but good experiences with steve.
Old 01-26-10, 05:29 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot will still get the same amount of business no matter what this thread says. You can't please everyone, thats just the way it goes and most people are okay with that. People are not perfect and it is not right to expect someone to be so if you are not. People with a good experience with them like myself will continue to spread the goodness! Keep up the good work Steve, he probably still would not have been happy even if you gave him a free set.
Old 01-31-10, 12:39 AM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

i posted emails from another member and got a warning from CL moderators. i guess if you through money at the website you can get away with anything, including posting private emails and selling garbage HID bulbs.