Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

SC430 Projectors

Old 07-01-07, 01:02 AM
draikonz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 Projectors

Does anyone know where I can get a set of LExus SC430 projectors?

and do ya'll know the sizes of the lens?
Old 07-01-07, 08:42 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

This is what it looks like. Its S2k projectors twin brother , differences include a fuzzy 2.5'' inch lens rather than a clear one in the S2k, cut off shield isnt removable like it is in S2k, bowl is almost identical.

The S2k

Here is an output shot of the SC430 projector with a clear lens from Nissan 300 ZX halogen projector.

Best place to find them would be www.hidplanet.com/forums, you have to be a member to post.
Old 07-01-07, 10:19 AM
draikonz
Driver

wow...the sc430 projectors are razor sharp! i think they're the sharpest cutoff beam i've ever seen in any car with projects O.O
Old 07-01-07, 10:31 AM
draikonz
Driver

one more question though...is the cutoff output from the s2k projector the same as the sc430?
Old 07-01-07, 10:31 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by draikonz
wow...the sc430 projectors are razor sharp! i think they're the sharpest cutoff beam i've ever seen in any car with projects O.O

No, the sharpest ones are TL bi-xenons with ZKW clear lens thats a hybrid projector, in OEM form S2ks are the sharpest.

TL/ZKW

Old 07-01-07, 10:33 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

one more question though...is the cutoff output from the s2k projector the same as the sc430?
Not in stock form, find yourself a pair of clear E30 projectors and you would come close but still wouldnt out do the S2ks. Your best bet would be to find a pair of S2k projectors to avoid all the hassle of finding the SC430s and celar lenses.
Old 07-01-07, 06:03 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW
is it possible to retrofit those in SC headlights?
Old 07-01-07, 09:04 PM
draikonz
Driver

amazing...do you know the lens sizes or the TL hybrid projectors you mentioned? and where can i get ahold of them bad boys =] HID planet like you said?
Old 07-02-07, 03:26 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

amazing...do you know the lens sizes or the TL hybrid projectors you mentioned? and where can i get ahold of them bad boys =] HID planet like you said?

Good luck on that quest, first off you are limited to what you can fit the TL in, its a huge projector so not a lot of headlights can accommodate it. A set of TL projectors can set you back any where from 240 to 260, and you can get the TLs easily. The hard part is getting the ZKW projectors, these particular ones are only found in the 04 BMW 330 XI and non other so finding them is a PITA, even if you are lucky to find one a good set of projectors can set you back $350 ~$400 . So this hybrid bi-xenon can cost you any where from $590~660.

Here is what they all look like.

TL on the right ZKW on the left

LS 430 on the right, TL in the middle and ZKW on the left.

LS 430 on the right TL on the left.

LS 430 with shroud on the left, TL 2nd from left, LS 430 without shroud 2nd from right and ZKW on the right.

LS 430 without shroud on the left and S2k on the right.

Old 07-02-07, 03:41 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

And here is a comparison post I made a while ago on HIDplanet on all these projectors in action .

Part 1

Originally Posted by JnC
I took these pictures a few days ago and posted them in another thread, thought it would be good to show them in a separate thread to people who might be interested in going with either one of these projectors.

Projectors Used

Stock TL
TL with ZKW clear lens (Projector is in stock form with just lens swapped, no spacer etc)
Ap2 S2k projector
LS 430 Driver side projector

Bulb Used

Phillips 85122+ with 300~400 hours of use.

The base of the mound in the distance is where the grass starts and is about 200 feet away from where i stood. I was on a deck and the projectors were about 6 feet above the ground. Dont mind the blurry pictures since i was holding the projector steady with one hand and taking pictures with the other .
I tried pointing the cut off step at the same spot while taking picturs so compairing width would be easy.

Stock AP2 S2000

Stock Driver Side LS430 Projector

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Old 07-02-07, 03:42 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

Part 2 of the above comparison.

Originally Posted by JnC

Stock TL

TL/ZKW

Old 07-02-07, 03:45 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

If you are just looking for a good low beam then my suggestion to you would be to find yourself a set of S2000 projectors, you will be more than happy with the results, keep them in their stock form though do not give in to color mod.
Old 07-02-07, 03:55 AM
draikonz
Driver

hmm...ok Because my 92 ES300's projector lens size is 3" so the TL projectors will be a good retrofit into the headlight. I guess like you said, the hard part will be to obtain the ZKW for the lenses like you said.

Thanks for all the info!
Old 07-02-07, 04:42 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JnC
A set of TL projectors can set you back any where from 240 to 260, and you can get the TLs easily. The hard part is getting the ZKW projectors, these particular ones are only found in the 04 BMW 330 XI and non other so finding them is a PITA, even if you are lucky to find one a good set of projectors can set you back $350 ~$400 . So this hybrid bi-xenon can cost you any where from $590~660.
hmm...ok Because my 92 ES300's projector lens size is 3" so the TL projectors will be a good retrofit into the headlight. I guess like you said, the hard part will be to obtain the ZKW for the lenses like you said.

Thanks for all the info!
I have a set for sale in the classifieds that nobody wants to buy for some reason.
Old 07-02-07, 05:13 AM
JnC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KnightRidr
I have a set for sale in the classifieds that nobody wants to buy for some reason.

That could be because, one is from an 06+ TL and one is from an 04-05 TL. I looked at those pictures and can tell that which one is which, the one that has a little piece a metal going over the bi-xenon solenoid is from 06+ model and the one that hasnt got that metal piece is from an 04-05 headlights. Also note that the cut offs are different in both these models. The 04-05 headlights mostly have DOT cut off where as the 06+ has ECE cut off.

DOT cut off

________________|'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

ECE Cut off

________________/'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

This one is ECE for sure since i can look at the shield.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC430 Projectors