Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Razo premium Super White vs. Sylvania Silverstars

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 06:38 PM
vinster29
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Razo premium Super White vs. Sylvania Silverstars

I'm looking to get some new HID-like halogen bulbs and I was wondering which is better Razo or Sylvania. I have heard other users say that the Silverstars are still kind of yellow, how true is this?? Is Razo totally white or do they have a little yellow in them as well. Are their any other brands of bulbs that I should consider purchasing besides these?? And will either of these burn out the harnesses on my RX300 or am I safe using them??Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-05-03, 10:14 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the RX has reflective HIDs so I don't know why you would want to downgrade to halogen bulbs.
Old 11-06-03, 03:45 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by siniquezu
I believe the RX has reflective HIDs so I don't know why you would want to downgrade to halogen bulbs.
The RX did not introduce HIDs until their '01 model. vinster29 must have either a 1999 or 2000 RX with the stock halogen setup.

I'd go with Silverstars just because I used them in my previous ES, and they're worth the buck. You'll notice the color difference between that and the yellow halogens. As long as the wattage rating is consistent with the wiring harness, you should have no problems down the road.
Old 11-06-03, 10:05 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Ok, I see. The RX would have reflective lights correct? If so, I'd go with Silverstars. They are only yellow with projector lights. I had them on my SC and they were really yellow. When I put them on my sister's Camry (that uses reflective lighting) they were very clean. If you are on the east coast and live near an advanced auto store, they have them for cheap. Look for my post in the general classifieds.
Old 11-07-03, 08:25 AM
xsohaib
Driver

Try hoens, I have heard good things about those I shall be ordering a set which costs $43 including shipping. I was for a while also interested in the eurodezigns, seems like they have pretty good bulbs also, and can be found on ebay for like $9.99, but I would put a harness before I install those lights, a harness can also be found on ebay for like $20-30. I am looking for a good light color and high lumens, hard to find BOTH in xenon, hid look alike bulbs that are coated blue. Oh and also I have heard very good things about some bulbs called fx or xd, also can be found on ebay.

Hope this helps

Sohaib
Old 11-07-03, 11:32 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Razo's are better than the Sylvania's. When compared side by side, Razo's are the most HID like (nearly identical) while the Sylvania's have more yellow. Definitely go with Razo.
Old 11-08-03, 12:23 PM
vinster29
Pit Crew

Default Razos burn out easily

I heard from someone who had RAZOS on their car that they burnt out in 4 months. How long have you had your Razos for Benxd??
Old 11-08-03, 03:08 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably burned out quick because of the way they were handled/installed. You have to make sure the bulbs aren't touched with your bare hands.
Old 11-09-03, 12:38 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

I have the RAZO Premium White Zero in my headlights and fogs. I think they look great, there is a night and day difference compared to OEM. There is no yellow in them, just pure white.
Old 11-09-03, 05:55 PM
oosoul
Rookie

Thumbs up silver stars

i put them in last night 11-8-03 , and i noticed a huge difference from my stock halogen since i put one in and turn them on with the stock bulb in... my neighbors were like wow..i drove around with them both installed (around block and man it was a huge difference....i put other one in and man it was almost daylight outside
Old 11-09-03, 05:59 PM
oosoul
Rookie

Thumbs up silver stars

i just got them on weds put them in on sat night and was blown away by the difference in my old halogens and the stars...now i must confess they cant match the true hid (my friend has a 99 gs 4 with auto leveling hids and man in his car its awesome....thats what made me go get the stars...if i cant have true hid...i'll settle for these for now
Old 11-11-03, 03:37 PM
vinster29
Pit Crew

Default Does the RX300 have reflective lights?

Does anyone out there know if the 99' RX300 has reflector lights or projector lights? I'm not really sure but from all of the posts I have received I guess the Sylvania Silverstars are the whitest, HID-like bulbs out on the market. I guess I will be getting those Are their any RX300 owners out their who currently have Silverstars and would be willing to post a picture. I would really like to see how bright and white they are.
Thanks again for all of the replies. It has made my decision a whole lot easier.

Last edited by vinster29; 11-11-03 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-12-03, 12:47 AM
xsohaib
Driver

I had the modified 9005 silver stars in my 92 es300, which has the projectors, I took them out and put them in my brother's 00 Accord with clear headlight lens like in the RX300. The light output is MUCH MCUH better compare to what it was in the projector housing. Do a search on Razo's and they seem to be really good too. I am personally gonna try the Hoen's with an upgraded harness with relays which apparently helps the light output.

Hope this helps
Sohaib

If I had a digi camera I would have posted the pics for you. Oh and some one on the board also installed "showoff kryptons" in their rx300 and these looked really nice too. Just do a search on razo and "showoff krypton" and you should see a lot of pictures.
Old 11-12-03, 06:31 PM
vinster29
Pit Crew

Question Dilemma: Which bulb lasts longer Razo or Sylvania

So I have read through all of the forums on Razo and Sylvania silverstars and this is what i have found: First off, Razos are whiter than silverstars but silverstars are brighter than Razos. Razos run at 4100K while silverstars run at 4000K. My question now is which of these bulbs lasts longer?? silverstars or Razos??
Old 11-14-03, 07:32 PM
xsohaib
Driver

I guess if you use a wiring harness and don't touch the bulb you should be good to go for atleast a year! But that is just my opinion. Also, I think a $40-50 bulb if it lasts about a year but performs well, that is a good deal! I mean $40-50 /year is not that bad. Probably also depends on the wattage, wattage and life are probably inversely related

Sohaib

Quick Reply: Razo premium Super White vs. Sylvania Silverstars