LFA Model (2012)

The Lexus LFA Is the $400,000 Supercar Nobody Talks About

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-17, 03:59 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yes, I understand it might not have changed is opinion. In that particular post you put the picture of the transmission vs throttle position graph, it also showed even at full throttle the max shift speed in 5, 6, 7 is different. The lack of knowledge that it has variable speed steering rack, as also a big miss on his part where he formed a conclusion just driving the car at 30 mph.

Originally Posted by gengar
Because it's not necessary. The shift speed on level 5 is more than sufficient and anyone who has driven the LFA in sport mode knows this.

The LFA was never intended to be an all-out track car - and that's precisely why it winds up being such a great car. On the track, drivers can manually set it to level 7 if they want.

We have already discussed the shift speed mapping for the LFA many times, including my post about it from more than six years ago with a picture from the owners' manual. In all the reviews in which the topic comes up, the level of depression of the gas pedal has far more to do with the shift speed than the shift speed setting, so the shift speed setting isn't going to affect any of these reviews where the reviewer is just putzing around on open roads.

In the end, I suppose it was a genius move from Lexus' perspective to get so many dealers in on it, which absorbed the huge number of additional units that Lexus brought into the USA region - especially now that we know there are 191 America-region units, which leaves some accounted for even if we include Canada in the mix. (Remember that when I first started talking to Lexus about the LFA, they were batting around just 120 units heading to the USA, before upping the figure again and again to the final 179 number.) Lexus corporate was probably able to convince dealers that these would appreciate, and that's why so many dealers in the US are holding on to them - because they haven't appreciated and the dealers are hoping they still will.
Old 07-08-17, 07:47 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Has to be up there with the biggest wases of 15 minutes I have spent. What a dueche bag! I like the fact that he is a car guy, but embarraed to to say that I am one too based on him being him... Such a trivial review waste of time on silly quirks in his inane opinion. Vague steering?? Holy ***** what an IDIOT.