Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

WTB: IS-F near $28,000 or below

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 11:47 AM
jeezcak3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: IS-F below $30,000

Hi Guys! I've always wanted an IS-F before Lexus even released it but couldn't afford one. I am seriously looking for a used IS-F to buy. I get offered in the low 30s for 2008 models with 60k+ mile from dealers but I still can't afford. I've been eating noodle cups here so help me out and fulfill my dream. I am from Southern CA BTW. Help me out, guys.

Thanks!

Last edited by jeezcak3; 01-11-12 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 11:52 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but getting an F for that price is going to mean very high miles, poor condition, or desperate seller. Low -Mid 30's is even lower than I would expect.
Old 01-11-12, 12:22 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the market for an ISF too, but I haven't seen one lower then $37k. Good luck with your search, but it's going to be though. Ive adjusted my budget to a $45k max since I'm looking for a lower milage 09+. If I may ask where have you found F's for low $30's? I'm in so cal too.
Old 01-11-12, 12:42 PM
jeezcak3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dragtek
I'm in the market for an ISF too, but I haven't seen one lower then $37k. Good luck with your search, but it's going to be though. Ive adjusted my budget to a $45k max since I'm looking for a lower milage 09+. If I may ask where have you found F's for low $30's? I'm in so cal too.
cool! I don't mind sharing info with you and I hope you do the same, too. Mitsubishi Southcoast has 2 IS-Fs. I was offered $32k for the red one. It has been on the market for more than 2 months that means the demand for a 60k mi. used for $30k+ is not that high with this economy. We just have to be patient. I am in favor of a blue one but I would rather get a new 2012 BMW 335i M at below $45k sport and eat noodle than paying more than $35k for this.
Old 01-11-12, 12:46 PM
jeezcak3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jbjones85
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but getting an F for that price is going to mean very high miles, poor condition, or desperate seller. Low -Mid 30's is even lower than I would expect.
thanks for your input, bro.

i wouldn't mind getting a Lexus as long as it's under 80k. mi.

i think the listing prices on the market right now are unrealistic. they put down any numbers as they want but who is willing to buy is what they should concern.

i am actually hunting for those desparate sellers, haha.
Old 01-11-12, 12:52 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Lowest I seen was 32-34k for a high miles one. Under 30k is very hard. I would just save up more (eat noodles) and get it in a few months. Also for good advice you need to count in insurance and gas and maintenance for that high miles IS-F. Dont stretch out money and miss out on life for just a car.

Its not fun when you take your girl/date/hot chick out in your IS-F and you have to go to MC Donalds. Worst would be that you cant even get a combo only she can. Just my friendly advice =). Toy cars are never a good thing to throw your whole $$$$ into. Toy cars should be bought with extra cash.

Damn I sound old... lol. GOOD LUCK
Old 01-11-12, 01:04 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as old as u may sound u speak the truth
Old 01-11-12, 01:06 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Good luck with your search! There is a black one in Oregon on Craigslist for $39K and its been for sale on there for monthhhhhss! (has 60,000ish miles) $28K just isnt realistic for this car as of yet* Good luck!
Old 01-11-12, 01:25 PM
jeezcak3
Driver School Candidate

sorry guys, the number came out to seek for negotiations but i guess i expected too much. i would want to pay somewhere below $30k.

thanks for all your inputs. i have calcualted my expenses and that is what i can afford at the moment.
Old 01-11-12, 02:54 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you should get a ISx50 and call it a day - deprecation always helps used car buyers but at your price range you are at the bottom of the barrel for sure. Any car in that price range be careful and wary - probably has history or worst yet a salvage title.

You sound like a young guy so let me offer you some advice - cars are the worst investment and to stretch yourself so thin like some of the other members have said is silly. Save the money now and you will be much happier later. Stress over car payments and eating noodles is NOT the way to live!
Old 01-11-12, 03:09 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
I think you should get a ISx50 and call it a day - deprecation always helps used car buyers but at your price range you are at the bottom of the barrel for sure. Any car in that price range be careful and wary - probably has history or worst yet a salvage title.

You sound like a young guy so let me offer you some advice - cars are the worst investment and to stretch yourself so thin like some of the other members have said is silly. Save the money now and you will be much happier later. Stress over car payments and eating noodles is NOT the way to live!
I co-sign on all the above!
this is a GREAT toy!!...but not worth it if your life is circled around paying gas, maintenance and insurance for it....F is major pay to play car

I have to get front brake pads for mine...and its costing over about $250 and YES thats just the pads.
If you cant comfortably swing it---dont do it---its GREAT fun but in no way worth getting one thats been beat to hell .or going into serious non-stop debt/payments out(gas, maintenance, etc)..just to say you have one
Old 01-11-12, 03:59 PM
jeezcak3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
I co-sign on all the above!
this is a GREAT toy!!...but not worth it if your life is circled around paying gas, maintenance and insurance for it....F is major pay to play car

I have to get front brake pads for mine...and its costing over about $250 and YES thats just the pads.
If you cant comfortably swing it---dont do it---its GREAT fun but in no way worth getting one thats been beat to hell .or going into serious non-stop debt/payments out(gas, maintenance, etc)..just to say you have one
thanks both.

i drove an is250 before until someone totalled it from behind so i took the $$ and pay the loan. i do not want to owe too much anymore. i am 28. i currently take home $3000 - $4000 cash a month. i really like sport cars especially is-f. it was out of reach because depreciations didnt kick in. i'm trying to take adventage of the current economy. dealers do huge mark ups so ive been trying to get the best deal.
Old 01-11-12, 04:54 PM
tianh
Pole Position

Its possible to get one for 28k, but you gotta be willing to wait.

Theres another member selling his IS-F with 56k miles with a bunch of mods for 36,000.
Old 01-11-12, 05:45 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

lol @ 28k IS-F.

Even for the 08's with around 30k miles are around 42-45k.
Old 01-11-12, 06:03 PM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd keep on eating cup noodles for a while lol...why would you want a IS-F with that many miles anyways and abused like hell? After all you know whoever has it probably floors that thing all the time cuz i know I do in my 350 LOL and $28K ? not happening...lowest i've seen on CL was $34K with like 50K miles. Save up bro and your dream will come true!!!!

Quick Reply: WTB: IS-F near $28,000 or below