Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA slammed 93 SC300 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 10:57 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slammed 93 SC300 for sale

what i have here is my first car, my love, my 93 sc300. Reason for sale is my girlfriend and i are expecting a baby, and i need to switch the a 4-door/suv. just a brief description, shes a 93 SC300 AUTO about to hit 180k miles, clean title, pink slip in hand. Since i bought the car back in 2007 ive maintained it to be a reliable daily driver that gets me from santa ana to mission viejo 5 times a week. i work at the lexus dealership and have changed the oil every 4-5k miles with oem oil and filters. tranny fluid changed every 15k and i recently changed out all the PS fluid, brake fluid, and diff fluid. At 180k this car pulls hard and is as solid as can be for a almost 20 year old car.

since ive owned ive replaced;
- the radiator with a koyo radiator
- starter motor
- front lower control arms
-power steering pump
- timing belt, water pump, and cam seals
-spark plugs and wires done recently (172k)
(ALL SERVICES DONE BY FACTORY ASE CERTIFIED LEXUS TECHNICIANS"

exterior:
the car was side swiped by some clown in a scion TC last april(10') in which it recieved minor damage to the left side of the front bumper and the edge of the fender. i can dig up pics of the damage if needed. i took the car to precision auto collision in laguna niguel where they took out al the dings and dents, shaved the factory antenae off, and sent it down the street to 1-day for a 2-stage repray of the OEM silver spruce metallic. the exterior i would say is a 9/10 with the minor exceptions of a flake of paint i acidently chipped off next to one high beam when i learned youre not supposed to take a high pressure water gun to recently fresh paint. the color looks great and i blacked out the chrome trim around the windows as well as the housings for the headlights and high beams along with a "de-lining" of the lenses to give the car a more updated look and at the same time fixing the dreaded "condensation inside the headlights". i upgraded the factory 93' tails to 97+ tail lights. i soon then smoked the tails as well. (i still have original non smoked tail lights which i will include). i have the rears windows limo tinted and the front windows second to limo.

interior:
the interior could definitely recieve some tender love and care. i have just purchased black and grey seat covers for the seat, and a black and matching woodgrain steering wheel cover. before selling i will get the interior as clean as possible for the buyer. everything works inside but the following 3 things: 1.the seats are scoooted most of the way back and dont scoot forward because the seat motors are missng a cap which only lets one side scoot forward not all sides. this is an easy fix that doesnt require you buying a new seat track, theres caps on the side of each motor and over time with use the caps will get pushed out and that side of the seat wont move anymore, so all there is to do is either dig for the caps underneath the seat and push em back in place, or if theyre lost look for an SC or pre-2000 LS at a junkyard and take the caps off their motors and it works perfectly. i havent done it because of laziness and the fact that no one sits in the back seats so i never need to scoot them up. 2. the needles on the cluster are blacked out, but still work. 3. the programmed memory seats cable was left unplugged when i fixed the drivers side window regulator so tha doesnt work, woops. other than that just minor interior issues that can be addressed at the owners liking. ill be including my 500watt rocksford fosgate amp with 350watt 10" kicker subwoofer thats located in the trunk.

drivetrain: this engine runs strong as an ox for 180k on the clock. it burns a little bit of oil, but nothing crazy or unusual at this mileage. tranny shifts fine with no noises or vibrations. she idles perfectly with no sputtering or shaking. this car has NEVER overheated on me with the exception of the original radiator cracking. this baby is very reliable since ive had it ive driven it to vegas 3 times and santa barbara. since i slammed it, its been driven to Sacramento, Laughlin, bakersfield, san diego numerous times, and las vegas again all without a single issue of any kind. the wiring harness has been relocated through the engine bay to avoid rubbing from being so low. shes a trooper

in the past 6-8 months ive installed:
-Stance GR+ coilovers (@173k)
-xxr 521 18x8.5 +40 (added 15mm spacer) 18x10 +25 (+10mm spacer)
-5zigen fireball mega axleback exhaust
-ddm tuning 50watt 6k low beam HIDS

i have 4-piston ls400 brakes i will include with brand new cross drilled and slotted rotors and pads that are not installed on the car just yet. the amp just started going out intermittenly and the CEL randomly will turn on (diagnosed its throwing a MAF code, for a dirty MAF sensor i havent adressed yet) i have the factory suspension lying around somewhere if you want that as well but no stock wheels just the ones on the car. i do have the ful size spare in the trunk. as much as i wish i could hold onto this car and finish it, i cant and have to let it go. i want this car to go to a great home, and to someone who treats it as well as i did. im pretty firm on the $5k asking price but will listen to reasonable offers. NO LOWBALLERS OR JOYRIDES. dont waste both my time and yours. If interested contact me at 714- six seven 9- zero 3 one seven. a text would be better since i cant always get to my phone to answer it. thank you for looking

Old 02-05-11, 12:12 AM
williepee
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen this car in person when I purchased mv350's coils....clean. good luck with sale.
Old 02-05-11, 02:18 PM
colt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars looks badass. If it were a 5 speed and the interior not tore up I would say 5k, but not in that condition. Good luck.
Old 02-07-11, 07:54 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

Originally Posted by colt
Cars looks badass. If it were a 5 speed and the interior not tore up I would say 5k, but not in that condition. Good luck.
what he said
car looks amazing, cant believe this colour looks soo nice on an SC. nicely built!
too bad its auto, i wouldve been all over this if it were 5speed!
Old 02-07-11, 08:11 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

+1 bro the color combo is sick! the car is dope bro!
Old 02-07-11, 11:00 AM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you guys I appreciate the compliments, I knew I could do work with this color it's a shame I can't finish it shed be a real neck breaker. I really need this car gone you guys, don't let the 5k throw you off, my ears are open to offers just not low *****. Oh and by the way:I have brand new oem engine and tranny mounts that I never installed and will include as well!

Last edited by roy1928; 02-07-11 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-15-11, 02:18 AM
thisguy
Driver School Candidate

id offer 3k and you keep the brakes and amp
Old 02-17-11, 11:30 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Price drop to $4500 obo. I also have a few quick iPhone videos I made of the car that are available upon request. Thanks for looking guys
Old 02-22-11, 10:10 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will vouch for Roy 100%. Since joining Cl he has become a great friend and I'm almost as bummed as him about selling the car. All the car needs is a black interior swap. And w58 and your golden! Glws homie hit me up when your off work
Old 02-22-11, 10:17 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bump for a really good deal at 4,500 obo
Old 02-25-11, 04:53 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Car is still available, thanks guys!
Old 02-26-11, 09:43 AM
LexuswanaB
Driver School Candidate

thats crazy, i was just thinking about how a SC would look with the old school army flat green and some black wheels like the trans am(i think) in fast and furious . . . . .

price is a bit high for my blood right now. . . . GLWS
Old 02-27-11, 09:11 PM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

You wanna part out the LS400 drilled/slotted rotors?
Old 02-28-11, 10:22 AM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjffyy
You wanna part out the LS400 drilled/slotted rotors?

I'm trying to sell it as a whole, thanks though
Old 02-28-11, 10:23 AM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Btw does anyone know how to edit the original thread title that appears with all the others on the listings? Thanks!

Quick Reply: CA slammed 93 SC300 for sale