Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

WTT: LS1 RX-7 for SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 07:24 PM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: LS1 RX-7 for SC300

I don't have 100 posts, but I am not trying to sell the car, just trade. So I am hoping this post is ok. I read the first posts and didn't see anything about this. If I can't do this, someone please let me know. But I would like this to stay so I don't have to go around and post 100 times.

I want to trade for a black interior, black or silver exterior car with the lowest miles possible. Also will probably need cash for most trades, as I would be looking for around a $14,000 trade off.

This is a 1988 Mazda RX-7 Turbo model, with 155K miles on the chassis. Red exterior, Grey interior. The old motor has been taken out and a new LS1/T56 has replaced it. The car has minor wear, normal for a 18 year-old car. But it is in very good condition and was repainted a couple years ago. It has a few minor dents and a few minor paint chips. Also needs a couple interior pieces that I broke working on it... Anyway, the car runs real well now. Should make 425 whp with a better tune and run low 11's in the 1/4. Motor stuff below.

Has been tapped for oil pressure and temperature gauge
Alternator has been rebuilt
Has some new lines on it

Forged 347
Scat Rods
Mahle -4cc Forged Pistons
Rollmaster Timing Chain
ARP Head studs
ARP Main studs
TSP Hardened Pushrods
Torquer v. 2 camshaft â?? 232/234 112 LSA
Ported LS6 oil pump
Comp lifters
LS6 heads
Spring kit
Competition Valve Job
Clevite bearings

160 T-stat
Prothane Mounts
New Water Pump
LS6 Intake Manifold
Newer coilpacks
Brand new coil harnesses
Ported TB

T56 is rebuilt
Bronze Fork Pads
3-4 Steel Shift fork
Billet sliders
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Pro 5.0 Shifter w/ Hurst leather ****

All of the swap parts were purchased from Hinson Super Cars.

I have put 186 miles on the car after the swap and it runs great. Motor was built by a reputable LS1 builder. He also did most of the conversion. The car has 2.5" true duals on it, with magnaflow mufflers. The car also has upgraded front brakes, brand new 17" wheels and tires, and more.

Forgot to ad, I just had the car aligned, put heat material in the transmission tunnel, put in a new brake master, and added a polished coolant resovoir. I have over 19K invested in the car... And the car can be driven anytime, just let me know ahead of time and I will try to work it out. Thanks.
Old 10-15-06, 07:26 PM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

BTW, the car has NO CATS... Sure you could add them, but they don't have any as of now. The car is a bit loud. I mean hell, its a cammed LS1 with true duals and race mufflers. I would not recommend this as a DD. It also has a stage 3 clutch and such, so it isn't real favorable around town. It was built to be able to drive around just fine and run 10's no problem, while getting 20+ mpg. It is a bit loud, but you could change the mufflers no problem to tone it down. But I just wanted to let everyone know if you have emissions testing or hard inspection rules that it probably won't pass because of the exhaust system... I have a sticker on it, but I just knew someone that hooked me up.

Also, I am getting rid of the car to get out of the fast car thing for a while. I'm attending college and would rather have something nice. The car DOES NOT have A/C or P/S. Like I said, its more of a street car that is for racing. You could add those things, but I just never got to it.

Old 10-16-06, 05:20 AM
Superorb
Rookie

How come when people spend so much money to put a new motor in the car they always want to get rid of it right after?
Old 10-16-06, 06:58 AM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Superorb
How come when people spend so much money to put a new motor in the car they always want to get rid of it right after?
Trust me. I don't want to. But I can't drive this to college every day. Its more of a fun/race car, or weekend cruiser.
Old 10-16-06, 08:56 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the stock LS1 computer? or some other fuel computer? Are there still wrinkles to be ironed out of the swap or is it completely sorted out? I might be interested.
Old 10-17-06, 04:26 AM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KidPandJ
Are you using the stock LS1 computer? or some other fuel computer? Are there still wrinkles to be ironed out of the swap or is it completely sorted out? I might be interested.
Stock LS1 computer. The swap itself and mechanically the car is perfect. Only thing that needs to be worked on is the heater, and maybe some misc. little things. I haven't spent enough time worrying about other things other than mechanical.

Last edited by LSINA7; 10-18-06 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 11:20 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Nice car sorry to say but to bad its not the 93+RX7 body. But I'm sure this thing will still smoke most cars on the street. Good luck with the sale bud!
Old 10-17-06, 12:42 PM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
Nice car sorry to say but to bad its not the 93+RX7 body. But I'm sure this thing will still smoke most cars on the street. Good luck with the sale bud!
Yeah, a lot of people like the 93+ bodies better, including me. But it is VERY expensive to do the LS1 swap in the FD's. Most people have ended up spending 25K when all said and done, just to do a bolt-on car. I did a forged motor in this car for 19K.

And yes, it will smoke most cars on the street. I don't believe you will run across too many 10 second cars driving down the road, and if you do, just buy a nitrous kit and hit the button. Now you have a 9 second car.
Old 10-17-06, 06:12 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Most people have ended up spending 25K when all said and done, just to do a bolt-on car. I did a forged motor in this car for 19K.

I don't believe you will run across too many 10 second cars driving down the road, and if you do, just buy a nitrous kit and hit the button. Now you have a 9 second car.[/QUOTE]

WOW did not know it cost that much to do the swap in a 93+FD

Love the way you think on the 2nd half
Old 10-17-06, 07:03 PM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
WOW did not know it cost that much to do the swap in a 93+FD

Love the way you think on the 2nd half

Both those prices do include the car and if you use the good hinson parts.

Last edited by LSINA7; 10-17-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-17-06, 08:37 PM
SiMzGS3
Driver School Candidate

Sale your rx7 and I'll let you buy my gs, this is corryy off of vadriven.
Old 10-18-06, 05:09 AM
LSINA7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SiMzGS3
Sale your rx7 and I'll let you buy my gs, this is corryy off of vadriven.
Haha. I would sell it if I could! But I can't buy your car, I'm broke as it is! Thats why I need to do a trade plus cash, to pay bills.