Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

Price & Order update...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 12:18 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Price & Order update...

So the information I received via Lexus's LFA phone line is this...

1. Price to be around $375,000
2. $10,000 to be on waiting list.
3. $50,000 to order
4. Bought through Lexus Financial only, delivered to your dealer of choice
5. Has to be 2 year lease, with intent to purchase
6. Waiting list people will be notified in February who can order...
7. Current ISF owners will not be given priority, but will be definitely considered for preference purposes.
8. Must be registered in the US, lease is non-transferable.

Enjoy! It is what it is...

Last edited by malujerry; 10-26-09 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 02:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the info, now who will be the first to get this beast in the US?
Old 10-26-09, 03:43 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
Thx for the info, now who will be the first to get this beast in the US?
Jay Leno?
Old 10-26-09, 07:58 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
Jay Leno?
I don't know if Jay has driven a Lexus before ? He does not even have a Ferrari ......
Old 10-26-09, 09:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Don't quite understand how the $375k price and a 2yr lease w/ option to purchase go hand in hand.
Old 10-27-09, 08:19 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Don't quite understand how the $375k price and a 2yr lease w/ option to purchase go hand in hand.
AFAIK, what it means is that Lexus holds the title for the car for 2 years, thus it being "leased" to you. After 2 years, you can "purchase" the title from Lexus, making you the official owner with title. I think all of this will be included in the one price of ~$375K, but I might be wrong.
Old 10-27-09, 09:51 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a couple of updates after speaking with the lexus folks again today.

There is no up front money to be on the list.

The emails start in February, first with the yes or no and for the folks who get a yes the monthly emails will follow.

I asked for an email confirmation to demonstrate I am on the list and they will have to work on that.

The details of the decison process are not being given out. They do believe being a multiple Lexus owner/ owner for a long time would work in your favor toward being chosen.

Regarding the price in the context of leasing, the common factors for leasing cost are the negotiated price of the vehicle, the residual value at the end of the lease, the duration of the lease, the interest rate used and then taxes, fees and funky lease related costs such as an acquisition cost.

By the time you take delivery and have $60K into the transaction, I would think the monthly payment on top of that would be fairly small unless you specified the car with a lot of over the top features.
Old 10-27-09, 09:14 PM
LexFather

Per Automobile..not sure how accurate it is
http://blogs.automobilemag.com/65841...car/index.html

Want to get your hands on one of the only 500 Lexus LFA supercars that will ever be built? Here's how.

I’ve just had a brief drive in the new Lexus LFA supercar at Miami’s Homestead Speedway, and the car blew me away. The LFA is unlike any other Lexus -- or Toyota - ever built this side of a Formula 1 race car. The story here is not just that Lexus has its first supercar, but also that the car is bursting with incredible technology, foremost the carbon-fiber construction of the body and chassis. Incredibly, Toyota looms its own carbon fiber for the LFA because, as Paul Williamsen of Lexus points out, Toyota got its start as a looming company more than a century ago and knows a thing or two about looms. There’s lots of other innovative technology in the LFA, plus a V-10 engine that sounds absolutely fantastic, huge carbon-ceramic brakes that can be fitted with calipers in your choice of six colors, and an utterly gorgeous, modern, comfortable cabin. You can read more about it by reading our drive story by European Bureau Chief Georg Kacher by clicking HERE.

What I want to talk about is how a person might go about purchasing an LFA. Buying an exotic car, especially one in high demand, like most Ferraris, can be a very taxing experience even for the most battle-hardened business person. How do I get on the list? How do I know I’m being treated fairly? Do only people who are special friends of the dealer get one? Lexus is trying to make the process of buying an LFA a little less mysterious.

First off, there will be only 500 LFAs, total, for the entire world, and they will be produced from December 2010 through December 2012 at the rate of approximately twenty per month. Lexus just announced the LFA officially at the Tokyo Motor Show this week, and in so doing also launched a process whereby potential buyers can express their interest in the car through an official channel. In the United States, anyone who is interested in buying an LFA must call a toll-free number: 866-LFA-4794. Operators will conduct a brief questionnaire to find out a bit about the person; why they are interested in the LFA; how they tend to use their cars, etc., and register the caller as a potentially interested customer. People can also visit the LFA Web site for complete information on the car: www.lexus-lfa.com. The phone line will be open for three months, from mid-October 2009 to mid-January 2010. At that time, Lexus expects to have a sizable list of potential buyers.

Lexus will vet potential customers and choose a mix of people who they feel will help publicize the car. “We would prefer to have people who are driving the car or are influential in their community,” says Paul Rohovsky of Lexus marketing, “as opposed to somebody who wants to collect it and keep it in a private collection, never to see the light of day. We want to get those cars out and exposed.”

A specific number of cars has not been allocated for the United States. The U.S. allocation will come down to the level of interest in compared with the many other countries where the car will also be offered for sale.

Once a potential buyer is approved, they’ll be hooked up with a dealer and one of fifteen specialized Lexus sales consultants, who will help them spec out their car and take their $10,000 deposit. Buyers will be able to choose from some 30 exterior paint colors and a multitude of interior Alcantara and leather combinations.

Orders will be placed at one of two times: June 2010 and December 2010. The first deliveries will be in January 2011, and the last will be in January 2013.

To ensure that all customers get the same experience, Lexus plans to set up a structure where, for the entire retail process time period, it would hold the title. “We’re studying a very similar process to how Ferrari handled the F50 and the Enzo, where they held the title for a defined period, through the complete retail process,” says Rohovsky. “For the Ferrari model, there was about 50 percent down, 30 percent financed, and the remaining 20 percent was a residual. We’re still working on it. We’re trying to minimize, or eliminate, any finance charge. We recognize that some people will pay us cash, and we’re working with our financial partners to reduce or eliminate any finance charge.”

Lexus will host exclusive events in conjunction with major auto shows to show the car to prime target buyers, and the LFA will be at the following auto shows from now through April: SEMA; LA; Detroit; Chicago; Dallas; and New York. Start cozying up to your Lexus dealer now….and call that toll-free number!
Old 10-27-09, 11:17 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I've already been in talks with my dealer (where I also purchased my F). I'll call the toll-free number tomorrow.
Old 10-28-09, 07:27 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

The only thing I heard from my first conversation with the folks at the LFA call center different that that provided in the the blog above was that there are going to be 15 trained technicians (for the US) who will travel to your dealer for larger repair services. Routine work will be done my the dealer's own techs.

I was told that the dealer you select will have their own person to help you specify the car.
Old 10-31-09, 06:38 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh. diggitty darn it! It looks like normal people like moi will not be getting this car anytime in the near future. I am not influential in my community & don't feel like spending about $400K for this car. There is like 25 people around here that would get this car before me. Well, there is 1 guy here I know that will definately get this car no matter what. At least I will get a chance to check this car out closely & maybe test drive too. This is an incredible car. It also has an incredible PRICE.

1) too expensive
2) I have to (apply to purchase) So if I have the money & wanna buy I can't. If I pass & make the grade, then I may be selected.
3) rather buy lambo,ferrari, or put it property.