Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

[WWI] Car Wouldn't Move in Forward or Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-15, 08:04 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Car Wouldn't Move in Forward or Reverse

Only had the RC-F for 2 weeks & it has been in the garage for the last 2 days & i started it up this morning & put it in Reverse & it wouldn't move & then i tried it in drive & the same thing! It felt like when you're tryin' to go but you have your foot on the brake & i could feel the Resistance because it wouldn't budge either way! So, i called the dealership (& after going thru 3 people) the last one said just to give it some gas (i didn't want to do that before because i didn't want to take a chance on maybe breaking anything) but i did & i heard a loud Pop but it backed up, BUT now the CEL is on. It's driving fine but i was wondering if anybody else has ever had this happen or if anybody might know WHY this happened! Dealership is 90 miles away so i don't want to drive that far if it's something a local toyota dealership can check but i also don't want to have to pay them to fix this considering it's Only 2 weeks old! But, i know i have to get one of them to check it just to make sure it didn't do any harm & at the very least to clear the CEL! also, i read in the manual that it could be the electronic automatic transmission control system if the CEL comes on (not sure Why that would Lock it up though)! Thanks!
Old 04-30-15, 01:41 PM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

johnnyreb, we are sorry to read you experienced concerns with your new RC-F. Unfortunately, we would have to recommend you have your vehicle inspected by a Lexus Dealer as they would be in the best position to provide insight on this concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this response may cause.
Old 04-30-15, 04:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LexCareSP
johnnyreb, we are sorry to read you experienced concerns with your new RC-F. Unfortunately, we would have to recommend you have your vehicle inspected by a Lexus Dealer as they would be in the best position to provide insight on this concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this response may cause.
Thanks for the quick response! I took it to a local shop & the code was #PO420 Catalyst Efficiency Code, do you know what that means. I'll call the Dealership tomorrow & see what they say! But, he cleared it & said if it comes back on it would be best to call the Dealership!